Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So to recap... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

psymun

Starter
: March 02, 2007, 08:37:10 PM

We got a ST player and situational pass rusher on the first day...

And Then!?!?!?!

Dude where's my car?!?

Damn I'm impatient...

Here's to a more fruitful tommorrow!

#1 : March 02, 2007, 08:37:44 PM

it was like a disappointing xmas morning.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : March 02, 2007, 08:40:42 PM

it was like a disappointing xmas morning.

X-mas morning without any GOOD gifts.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : March 02, 2007, 08:42:35 PM

Like when my grandmother gave us pajamas.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 08:44:57 PM

Yeah, this turned out to be a replica of FA day 1 the past few years. With the money we have I was expecting more on the first day, but I guess I'm just unrealistic, impatient, or both. I just thought the days of bringing in backups/ lower tier/previously injured FA's were over. Apparently Allen is just happy that we get to have a lot of mediocre FA's instead of just a few.

#5 : March 02, 2007, 08:45:33 PM

No guys, we re-signed the GREATEST PLAYER EVER TO GRACE THE NFL yesterday, MIKE FREAKING ALSTOTT.

mennoman

Second String
#6 : March 02, 2007, 08:46:17 PM

No doubt.  We're going to end up overpaying for Garcia, unless we can somehow convince Plummer to unretire if we trade him to Houston for Carr where he doesn't have to prove anything in order to start.  Let's get a safety and a true LT that is an upgrade over AD.

#7 : March 02, 2007, 08:47:16 PM

No guys, we re-signed the GREATEST PLAYER EVER TO GRACE THE NFL yesterday, MIKE FREAKING ALSTOTT.
'CLAPS'

I love how everyone is overreacting...I mean hell wasn't Gruden supposed to tie us down to 1 player? We've got 4-5 for visits / talking to, some quality players, not great...but good and we're going to moan? God I hate some of these fans.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 02, 2007, 08:49:51 PM

Yeah...we ALMOST got a huge deal done...but now after this fiasco, no one will want Allen to go through with it.  I mean, if Plummer doesn't want to come here, then by God, don't force him!

As for the other deal, I'm just happy to see that we're doing something!  We are active, and that's all that matters to me.  It's not like this was the ONLY day of FA.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 02, 2007, 08:51:09 PM

Ether the point is that Gruden kept talking about not having to shop in the thrift stores anymore. And what exactly are we doing? Haven't we figured out yet that top tier FA's demand a ton of jack in FA? The first day of FA (and lets be honest, thats when all of the main players are snatched up), should be spent on the top tier guys, not an o-line guy that was waived and another that has hardly played the last several years. IMO that leads me to believe we were never planning on going for the main guys.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 02, 2007, 08:54:40 PM

No doubt.  We're going to end up overpaying for Garcia, unless we can somehow convince Plummer to unretire if we trade him to Houston for Carr where he doesn't have to prove anything in order to start.  Let's get a safety and a true LT that is an upgrade over AD.

You're on the free tour, aren't you?

Here's an economics lesson for the "overpay"crowd:

High Demand + Low Supply = High Price

There is no such thing as "overpaying" (unless you're retarded like McKay).

A person's services are worth what the market says they're worth.

Garcia is an instant upgrade over our current stable. 

And this appears to be stunning news to some: Manning, Brady and Palmer are NOT on the market.

You pay what the best QB on the market is worth.  Garcia is, like it or not, that guy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 02, 2007, 08:56:25 PM

IMO that leads me to believe we were never planning on going for the main guys.

I think the plan changed when a bunch of the "main guys" were franchised. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 02, 2007, 08:56:35 PM

Ether the point is that Gruden kept talking about not having to shop in the thrift stores anymore. And what exactly are we doing? Haven't we figured out yet that top tier FA's demand a ton of jack in FA? The first day of FA (and lets be honest, thats when all of the main players are snatched up), should be spent on the top tier guys, not an o-line guy that was waived and another that has hardly played the last several years. IMO that leads me to believe we were never planning on going for the main guys.

Gru was talking about that before the Franchise mania.  And we still have access to guys we targeted.  There are still good FA's out there...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#13 : March 02, 2007, 08:58:20 PM

No doubt.  We're going to end up overpaying for Garcia, unless we can somehow convince Plummer to unretire if we trade him to Houston for Carr where he doesn't have to prove anything in order to start.  Let's get a safety and a true LT that is an upgrade over AD.

You're on the free tour, aren't you?

Here's an economics lesson for the "overpay"crowd:

High Demand + Low Supply = High Price

There is no such thing as "overpaying" (unless you're retarded like McKay).

A person's services are worth what the market says they're worth.

Garcia is an instant upgrade over our current stable. 

And this appears to be stunning news to some: Manning, Brady and Palmer are NOT on the market.

You pay what the best QB on the market is worth.  Garcia is, like it or not, that guy.
Why pull a McKay and overpay (put us in cap hell) for Garcia?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 02, 2007, 09:00:31 PM

Gru was talking about that before the Franchise mania. And we still have access to guys we targeted. There are still good FA's out there...

I agree, I just hope we snag one. I want Hamlin. Actually, we NEED Hamlin. Our safety play last year was college quality, literally, and now that Lewis is off the market it's imperative that Hamlin is signed, at least IMO.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So to recap... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools