Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So to recap... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mennoman

Second String
#15 : March 02, 2007, 09:05:13 PM

Caradoc: I'm not on anything free.... I'm close to the end of my 2nd year of Insider subscription and am a long-time season ticket holder.  My point is that since Gru said he would get us a seasoned vet QB and since the supply is down to basically one of them at this point that we will have to pay more than he could normally command.  People who love to insult others are why spend most of my time reading reading rather than posting.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 02, 2007, 09:06:03 PM

Caradoc: I'm not on anything free.... I'm close to the end of my 2nd year of Insider subscription and am a long-time season ticket holder.  My point is that since Gru said he would get us a seasoned vet QB and since the supply is down to basically one of them at this point that we will have to pay more than he could normally command.  People who love to insult others are why spend most of my time reading reading rather than posting.
We could still get Carr....

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 02, 2007, 09:07:30 PM

No doubt.  We're going to end up overpaying for Garcia, unless we can somehow convince Plummer to unretire if we trade him to Houston for Carr where he doesn't have to prove anything in order to start.  Let's get a safety and a true LT that is an upgrade over AD.

You're on the free tour, aren't you?

Here's an economics lesson for the "overpay"crowd:

High Demand + Low Supply = High Price

There is no such thing as "overpaying" (unless you're retarded like McKay).

A person's services are worth what the market says they're worth.

Garcia is an instant upgrade over our current stable. 

And this appears to be stunning news to some: Manning, Brady and Palmer are NOT on the market.

You pay what the best QB on the market is worth.  Garcia is, like it or not, that guy.
Why pull a McKay and overpay (put us in cap hell) for Garcia?

And what makes you think paying the fair market value for Garcia would put us in hell?  Get a clue trollboy

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 02, 2007, 09:08:44 PM

More reading, less posting seems to be in order for you then.  Prices change, get over it.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 02, 2007, 09:10:02 PM

yeah it was a charly brown x-mas all i got was a rock [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 02, 2007, 09:10:54 PM

No doubt.  We're going to end up overpaying for Garcia, unless we can somehow convince Plummer to unretire if we trade him to Houston for Carr where he doesn't have to prove anything in order to start.  Let's get a safety and a true LT that is an upgrade over AD.

You're on the free tour, aren't you?

Here's an economics lesson for the "overpay"crowd:

High Demand + Low Supply = High Price

There is no such thing as "overpaying" (unless you're retarded like McKay).

A person's services are worth what the market says they're worth.

Garcia is an instant upgrade over our current stable. 

And this appears to be stunning news to some: Manning, Brady and Palmer are NOT on the market.

You pay what the best QB on the market is worth.  Garcia is, like it or not, that guy.
Why pull a McKay and overpay (put us in cap hell) for Garcia?

And what makes you think paying the fair market value for Garcia would put us in hell?  Get a clue trollboy
Too many around here believe market value equates to overpaying. We can't pay everyone like we got them off the scrap heap.

mennoman

Second String
#21 : March 02, 2007, 09:20:45 PM

Lighten up and grow up.  Yes, Prices change.  That doesn't mean I should be happy that the QB market is dry when we're shopping.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So to recap... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools