Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Giza Pyramids indicate 2012? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: January 11, 2010, 11:30:11 AM

Some suggest that the ancient Egyptians built the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx in the shape of a stellar timeline based on the constellation Orion that shows 2012 A.D.

Not sure what to think of it, but pretty interesting....

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread531478/pg1

This site is also interesting that shows maps that suggest the Egyptians for some reason made a huge star map by strategically placing the pyramids.

http://thehiddenrecords.com/egypt.htm

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 11, 2010, 12:27:35 PM

It's a clock man. Once it gets back to "12", we don't all die and the Earth explodes. It just resets the clock.

2012, the year I laugh at the doomsday people. (again)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 11, 2010, 02:02:15 PM

Some suggest that the ancient Egyptians built the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx in the shape of a stellar timeline based on the constellation Orion that shows 2012 A.D.

Not sure what to think of it, but pretty interesting....

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread531478/pg1

This site is also interesting that shows maps that suggest the Egyptians for some reason made a huge star map by strategically placing the pyramids.

http://thehiddenrecords.com/egypt.htm

As Above, So Below. Robert Bauval was the first (I think) to note that the three Giza Pyramids matched up perfectly to the belt stars in Orion. The mainstreams don't like when independent folks one up them on stuff like this. They're closed in their mainstream box. As far as the rest of the stuff and 2012? I'm going to read it later.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 11, 2010, 02:09:49 PM

So what exactly do people claim is going to happen in 2012?  Without having to read all that info....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 11, 2010, 02:56:45 PM

NASA has gotten into it...they say major solar activity is going to occur around that time (I think).

paBUCfan17

Practice Squad

#5 : January 12, 2010, 01:51:15 PM

From my understanding 2012 will be the first time the milky way galaxy will be directly over the black hole at the center of the universe. Who knows how that will affect things. My personal beliefs are that nothing will happen and people are gettint all hyped up for nothings just like y2k

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 12, 2010, 02:14:58 PM

I need to find niche in the technology market for 2012. I made quite a bit off the Y2K giggle.
2012 Compliancy and Armageddon Preparation for Personal Computers
$199

Server and Corporate environments
$599

Yeah, that's what I'll do...

It was both sad and funny to watch people shell out $59 for a Y2K compliancy check

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 14, 2010, 07:32:26 PM

So what exactly do people claim is going to happen in 2012?  Without having to read all that info....

It runs the gamut. This doesn't exactly answer your question but it's 2012 related and from the Ventura thread...

The guy who was showing Jesse around, Jay Weidner, is a very interesting guy. I posted one of his first documentaries on here way back when about The Great Cross of Hendaye. It's not online any more, or I would post it. It deals with 2012, cycles, catastrophes and the precession of the equinoxes.

At certain periods during this precession, the Earth goes through major upheaval all over the globe. It happens four times during a 26,000 year period. It happens when we are in the age of Scorpion, Leo, Taurus and the one we are about to enter, Aquarius. All of these ages are separated by 6500 years or so.

http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2007/06/13/the-4-royal-stars

The former professor of the history of science at MIT, Giorgio de Santillana, argues in his book, Hamlet’s Mill, that many ancient cultures may have known of the slow movement of the stars across the sky; the observable result of the precession of the equinox. This 700 page book, co-authored by Hertha von Dechend, makes reference to approximately 200 myths from over 30 ancient cultures that hinted at the motion of the heavens, some of which are thought to date to the neolithic period.

Identifying alignments of monuments with solar, lunar, and stellar phenomena is a major part of archaeoastronomy.

There is geological evidence for some of these Earth changes. Our ancestors were obsessed with time and built megalithic structures that were aligned with stars, constellations and our sun (of God). Why so much concern about keeping track of long count time? IMO, it's because if you know about these cyclical changes, you can do something about it. Are we about to go through one of these changes? Are we already in the middle of it? Or, is it something that will happen after we all leave this Earth?

Getting back to the four ages and the astrological connection. IMO, Bible is filled with symbolic references to precession, the cyclical changes and the zodiac. Here's one example...

http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/2007/06/13/the-4-royal-stars

The Christian tetramorph is a good example of how syncreticism occurs in religious symbolism.The most-developed of all foursome or fournesses in religious symbolism in Christianity is the tetramorph of the four evangelists. It originated from the Jewish prophet Ezekiel who whilst in exile in Babylonia circa 550 BCE used the symbolism of Babylonian astrology for his own prophetic purposes. Ezekiel describes his vision in which the likeness of four living creatures came out of the midst of the fire thus: As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. Ezekiel 1:10.Ezekiel’s vision is based upon the astrology of the ancient Babylonians in which the constellations of the Zodiac (Greek for circle of animals) signs of Aquarius (the man/angel) Leo the Lion, Taurus the Bull and Scorpio the Eagle are represented as being a Throne for God Himself (called a Merkaba in Hebrew) Known astrologically as the Fixed Cross (with the substitution of the scorpion, a creature little known outside the Mediterranean basin and which was replaced early on by the winged eagle).

These four animal figures are also depicted in the early Christian evangelist Saint John’s book of the Apocalypse, the last book of the New Testament, the book of Revelation in which the events of the end times are revealed. Saint John alludes to Ezekiel’s vision thus-

And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle. Revelation 4:7.

A lot of the upheaval we will experience is going to be good for the human race. A lot of it deals with upheaval of our Eartly institutions such as politics and organized religion. And you will also see a rise in consciousness as people start to wake up and take charge of their lives personally and in large groups. The Tea Party political party is one example of this.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 15, 2010, 01:07:39 AM

From my understanding 2012 will be the first time the milky way galaxy will be directly over the black hole at the center of the universe. Who knows how that will affect things.

HUH?? WHAAAT???

Could you start over and try again with that one?

Please include an explanation of "over" in relation to a galaxy's position and how anyone knows the location of "the center of the universe" and why there is a black hole there(if there was, we'd know where the center was, which we don't)?

My personal beliefs are that nothing will happen and people are gettint all hyped up for nothings just like y2k

yeppers. The whole thing stems from the Mayan "great or long count" calendar (they have more than one calendar) which ends on Dec 21, 2012 which is the last day of the 13th baktun (1 baktun=144,000 days or 394.3 yrs). There actually isn't any Mayan prophecy, just the general notion that at the end of every baktun there is some "great change" (for instance at the end of the 11th Baktun, the Mayans mysteriously abandoned their greatest city and their Empire began its collapse and at the end of the 12th Bactun, the civilization that replaced the Mayans, the Aztecs, were utterly destroyed by the Spanish) . But everything in ancient Mayan writings indicates that there will be a 14th-20th baktun, So the REAL end of the World is October of 4772.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 15, 2010, 01:27:30 AM

JG, it is a theory and a bad one at that.  I think I saw the same television show the poster did.  Here is some more on it.

Black hole alignment

An apocalyptic reading of Jenkins's hypothesis has that, when the galactic alignment occurs, it will somehow create a combined gravitational effect between the Sun and the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy (known as Sgr A*), creating havoc on Earth.[68] Apart from the fact noted above that the "galactic alignment" predicted by Jenkins already happened in 1998, the Sun's apparent path through the zodiac as seen from Earth does not take it near the true galactic center, but rather several degrees above it.[69] Even if this were not the case, Sgr A* is 30,000 light years from Earth, and would have to be more than 6 million times closer to cause any gravitational disruption to Earth's Solar System.[70][71]

Some versions of this idea associate the theory of a 2012 "galactic alignment" with that of a very different "galactic alignment" proposed by some scientists to explain a supposed periodicity in mass extinctions in the fossil record.[72] The hypothesis supposes that vertical oscillations made by the Sun as it orbits the galactic center cause it to regularly pass through the galactic plane. When the Sun's orbit takes it outside the galactic disc, the influence of the galactic tide is weaker; as it re-enters the galactic disc, as it does every 20–25 million years, it comes under the influence of the far stronger "disc tides", which, according to mathematical models, increase the flux of Oort cloud comets into the Solar System by a factor of 4, leading to a massive increase in the likelihood of a devastating comet impact.[73] However, this "alignment" takes place over tens of millions of years, and could never be timed to an exact date.[74] Evidence shows that the Sun passed through the galactic disc only three million years ago, and is now moving farther above it.[75]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 15, 2010, 01:27:52 AM

(with the substitution of the scorpion, a creature little known outside the Mediterranean basin and which was replaced early on by the winged eagle).

WHAT???

Pretty sure there are scorpions in Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and both American continents.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 15, 2010, 01:44:56 AM

JG, it is a theory and a bad one at that.  I think I saw the same television show the poster did.  Here is some more on it.

Black hole alignment

An apocalyptic reading of Jenkins's hypothesis has that, when the galactic alignment occurs, it will somehow create a combined gravitational effect between the Sun and the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy (known as Sgr A*), creating havoc on Earth.[68] Apart from the fact noted above that the "galactic alignment" predicted by Jenkins already happened in 1998, the Sun's apparent path through the zodiac as seen from Earth does not take it near the true galactic center, but rather several degrees above it.[69] Even if this were not the case, Sgr A* is 30,000 light years from Earth, and would have to be more than 6 million times closer to cause any gravitational disruption to Earth's Solar System.[70][71]

Some versions of this idea associate the theory of a 2012 "galactic alignment" with that of a very different "galactic alignment" proposed by some scientists to explain a supposed periodicity in mass extinctions in the fossil record.[72] The hypothesis supposes that vertical oscillations made by the Sun as it orbits the galactic center cause it to regularly pass through the galactic plane. When the Sun's orbit takes it outside the galactic disc, the influence of the galactic tide is weaker; as it re-enters the galactic disc, as it does every 20�25 million years, it comes under the influence of the far stronger "disc tides", which, according to mathematical models, increase the flux of Oort cloud comets into the Solar System by a factor of 4, leading to a massive increase in the likelihood of a devastating comet impact.[73] However, this "alignment" takes place over tens of millions of years, and could never be timed to an exact date.[74] Evidence shows that the Sun passed through the galactic disc only three million years ago, and is now moving farther above it.[75]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

I wouldn't classify that as a "theory", more like a postulate.

The 2012 Mayan prediction I heard was that the Earth, Sun, and the "dark spot" in the Milky Way (a dark area in the Galactic disk caused by lots of dust when the Milky Way is observed from the ground) all align. The ancient Mayans, keen but superstitious astronomers, would have wondered why there was a dark spot in the brightest patch of the summer night sky and being superstitious would have attributed "bad things" to this dark area.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 15, 2010, 02:00:58 AM

I dont know about the "center" of the universe but there is a black hole (a very, very, very big one) at the center of the galaxy that at this point is mostly inactive. If it were to reactivate it would be very, very bad because it would emit extrodinary amounts of gamma rays. But to reactivate it would require a very large amount of matter to be introduced. And there is nothing we know of that will do that other than when Andromeda collides with us in 4.5 billion years.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 15, 2010, 02:06:42 AM

LMAO! I remember seeing a show a while back that talked about all of the planets aligning in 2012.  This would wreak havoc on each planet's gravity and cause earthquakes, volcanoes and any other doomsday scenario you could think of.  LOL!  History Channel rocks!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 15, 2010, 02:39:21 AM

Been there, and seen them.

Had my Dog Tags dipped in gold.  A lot of it flaked off, but it was pretty cool. 

The only thing I got out of seeing them was that they are an architectural masterpiece, considering what it took to make them back in the day (i.e. lack of tools, hydraulics, etc...)

They have a purpose, and it is amazing that people in South America made the same structure.  Coincidence?  Perhaps.  I mean it is basically a triangle.  But damn...why?

I suppose it all relates to people today trying to build the tallest structure...it is something people in power are going to try to do.  For no other reason other than to say they did it.  And back then, it was the only logical geometric pttern that could support the structure reaching up as it does.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Giza Pyramids indicate 2012? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools