Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS EAGALS GAME PLAN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« : October 18, 2006, 01:06:14 PM »

well mates another week is here as we get ready for the team i love to hate, Mcrib and the stegales.  Who by the way did not look so great against the saints.  So how do we game plan to win this game? we know they are going to bring the heat and if there was every a time to use the shotgun this would be it. With Grad in the gun he could make his reads quicker to go along with his quick release also with the oline and caddy feeling it, we need to pound that rock.

On D we know we need to keep Mcnab contained get hits on him and sacks, i am sure we will see the regular offence from them, you know, screen, misdirection, TE and the Bomb. not much of a running game from what i have seen and to tell you the truth i think the are coming in here with a bruised ego while we are coming into this game with our heads up high and feeling like we can take on anybody.

lets hope JG can stick to the run and the D line can get up in Mcnabs mix all day long, go bucs

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #1 : October 18, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »

lets get a cpl key turnovers to help us out as well.....

TBayJJ

Second String

« #2 : October 18, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

stop Mcnabb and we should be allright.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 18, 2006, 02:02:14 PM »

yeah turnovers will be a big help for sure, i just dont want to see mcnadd get out the pocket and run on us

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #4 : October 18, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »

yeah turnovers will be a big help for sure, i just dont want to see mcnadd get out the pocket and run on us

well if he does, hopefully Brooks will be there to put him back in his place....

gone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : October 18, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »

Again with the shotgun.  Yeah, if we just do that it's a guaranteed win...
Pleeze

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

« #6 : October 18, 2006, 02:04:53 PM »

If we can stop Westbrook McNabb will follow and their offense will stall.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #7 : October 18, 2006, 02:10:53 PM »

i expect Rice will have a big game. He always seems to be extra motivated to get to McNabb, plus Simeon usually has a couple quiet games and then busts out a good one. He's been quiet since the kitties game, this will be his game. I say 2 sacks, a forced fumble and a tipped pass.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #8 : October 18, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »

hope our guys are still fired up and can smell victory

« #9 : October 18, 2006, 02:13:53 PM »

The D needs to come up with turnovers.  We get up early, we have a chance.  If we fall behind, Grads may be in pain on Monday.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #10 : October 18, 2006, 02:21:25 PM »

i just think the eagles are one sided with know running game

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #11 : October 18, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

As usual, stop the Eagles from getting 5 yards a carry, knock it down to around 3 and it will be a close game.  But if they start getting 2 and 4's, the Bucs are in for a long day.

Getting the defense off the field, which means more three and outs, at least four or five of them would be nice.

Control the T.O.P.  Grads will need all the looks he can get, so keeping him on the field by creating manageable 3rd downs is key for the Bucs.

And special teams needs to tackle...lol!

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

« #12 : October 18, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »

i just think the eagles are one sided with know running game

No running game? 111.5yds per game isn't shabby. I'd take it.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #13 : October 18, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »

We need to do the same things we always need to do to win.

1) Run the football.  If we run the ball we can throw the ball better.  Playaction and short passes on a very good Eagle secondary.  They need to keep them off balance, and running the ball does that.

2) Stop the run.  I know they don't have much of a running game, but we need to stop what they do have.

3) Get pressure on Donovan McNabb.  If we don't get pressure, he will sit in the pocket and pick us apart.  He is the best QB in the league this year, and that is not a fluke.  His TD-INT ratio is amazing, and if we get pressure on him, we can change that.

4) Cause turnovers.  Read the reason above.  McNabb has been dominant and we need to force him to throw at Barber, Kelly, Bolden, Allen, and the newly acquired Buchanon.  Number 4 depends on Number 3 however.

If we can control the ball and the clock, we will win.  We don't need to score a ton of points, we just need to do enough to get the win.  I really think we can win this one and be looking at 2-4.  At 2-4, we actually wouldn't be that out of it to be honest.  There are games on the schedule that we CAN win.  We can win those games and we actually could turn out to be ok.  I don't think we'll have a winning record or make the playoffs but we could finish 7-9, which would be a pleasant surprise considering how the season started.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

« #14 : October 18, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »

This was a good post, and I agree with the ambition and determination outlined herein.

We need to do the same things we always need to do to win.

1) Run the football.  If we run the ball we can throw the ball better.  Playaction and short passes on a very good Eagle secondary.  They need to keep them off balance, and running the ball does that.

2) Stop the run.  I know they don't have much of a running game, but we need to stop what they do have.

3) Get pressure on Donovan McNabb.  If we don't get pressure, he will sit in the pocket and pick us apart.  He is the best QB in the league this year, and that is not a fluke.  His TD-INT ratio is amazing, and if we get pressure on him, we can change that.

4) Cause turnovers.  Read the reason above.  McNabb has been dominant and we need to force him to throw at Barber, Kelly, Bolden, Allen, and the newly acquired Buchanon.  Number 4 depends on Number 3 however.

If we can control the ball and the clock, we will win.  We don't need to score a ton of points, we just need to do enough to get the win.  I really think we can win this one and be looking at 2-4.  At 2-4, we actually wouldn't be that out of it to be honest.  There are games on the schedule that we CAN win.  We can win those games and we actually could turn out to be ok.  I don't think we'll have a winning record or make the playoffs but we could finish 7-9, which would be a pleasant surprise considering how the season started.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS EAGALS GAME PLAN « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools