Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the reason why the Bucs will let Antonio Bryant go? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

: January 11, 2010, 11:00:25 PM

I think Dominik would have something up his sleeves if he lets Bryant go. The 2nd round pick WR we get isn't enough.

I think he trades next years 1st and maybe this years 3rd for Marshall. Either that or a similar trade for some other WR. Last year I didn't even know Winslow was on the block when the trade happened.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 11, 2010, 10:31:45 PM

In an uncapped year you shouldn't be concerned with the cost of a player, but retaining as many as you can.  Even with a cap Bryant isn't costing this team from adding other players seeing the Bucs would need Bryant to reach the floor unless they are prepared to overpay for mediocre FA talent to reach such a floor.

So in summary I rather see this team overpay for Bryant than overpay for a bunch of mediocre free agents in a capped or uncapped year.  Bryant is a quality player, and quality players in free agency will be slim.  This team sorely needs quality players not role or situational players from free agency (eg Gilmore).

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 11, 2010, 10:18:32 PM

Marshall might be a slightly bigger headache but is a much better WR

Marshall is a HUGE headache.

Sorry UCF Knight fans but he is TO lite.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 11, 2010, 10:17:19 PM

Marshall might be a slightly bigger headache but is a much better WR

burger40

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 11, 2010, 10:18:10 PM

if he wants 5 mill a year or less i say pull the trigger on a 2 or 3 year deal. If he wants to get paid like a top 5 WR I would say flush him. Other thing would be to give him an incentives contract where if he gets say 70+ catches and 1,000 yards he'll get a bonus of X dollars.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#5 : January 11, 2010, 10:29:30 PM

Everyone who is mad needs to calm down because we have no idea yet whether or not AB will be back next year. I think he is worth bringing back for a contract somewhere in between #2 WR and #1 WR money, which is about 7 million a year and it would be great for Freeman's development to have him back next year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 11, 2010, 10:23:58 PM

1. You determine what a player is worth to you and if another team thinks he is worth more, sometimes you have to let him go.

2. They're probably not very happy about paying him $9 million for 600 yards this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 11, 2010, 10:16:33 PM

Uncapped year... why wouldn't a team try to keep its best players regardless of cost? �

Because he's not worth it.

So who would be worth it?

Bolden - Mega contract, draft pick, and 30 years old
Marshall - TO lite drama, draft pick

Dez Bryant - Signs back the agent that abandoned him when he needed him the most at his press conference, and caused Crabtree such turmoil not to mention a high draft selection.

In terms of cost, and causing the least headache it is a no brainer to roll with Bryant.  Not mention his chemistry with Freeman.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 11, 2010, 10:16:03 PM

Money.

GLAZERS.

Dinero.

GLAZERS.

Thanks OWNERSHIP! �Thanks a ton! �Appreciate you guys saving money for a soccer club while the team I love sinks into the mire. �Appreciate it!

Now go FUG yourselves Glazers!

The Glazers just paid the guy $9.88 million to sit on his can most of the year. If that was your money, you would be pissed.
Yeah, his knee injury and desire toplay thorugh, the wish-wash known as the Bucs Offense, the QB scenario, the lack of a stable run game...all this ghad nothing to so with production by various members of the BUcs.

The way I see it, he is by far and away one of two best playmakes the BUcs have.

He was begging to hit the practice field, but coaches were holding him out...don't you get this?

Stop hating.  If it were my money, and I was that far under the cap, I would be looking to spend it to make my team a good one...not worrying about a stupid butt soccer club, which is ultimately what thisis all about.  Don't play me man.
+1

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 11, 2010, 10:13:46 PM

Uncapped year... why wouldn't a team try to keep its best players regardless of cost?  

Because he's not worth it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 11, 2010, 10:10:46 PM

Uncapped year... why wouldn't a team try to keep its best players regardless of cost?  

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 11, 2010, 10:09:32 PM

He was begging to hit the practice field, but coaches were holding him out...don't you get this?

If you only knew. Believe whatever you want to believe. I don't care.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 11, 2010, 09:46:22 PM

By all accounts, the man is done as a Pewter guy.  But why?

I want to know why the Bucs FO think it is reasonable to let this guy go, he has good talent, he has not been belligerent in Tampa...

Dominik?  He does not want Bryant because he has an agenda, and he is willing to sink the WR corp to satiate this need,no doubt in my mind.

Why let the guy go?  Do you think Freeman wants to see Antonio go?

Gimme a break.

And for you guys who think he is a cancer, I would like to see the links for that?  You aint got any.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 11, 2010, 09:48:25 PM

Dinero.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 11, 2010, 09:48:54 PM

Money.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the reason why the Bucs will let Antonio Bryant go? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools