Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the reason why the Bucs will let Antonio Bryant go? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 11, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »

Football IQ or lack thereof?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 11, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »

I think there are some issues involved that don't make their way out of the locker room.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

« #17 : January 11, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »

I think it may come down to paying a guy who cant seem to stay healthy a big time WR contract that he will want.  Dominik gave him a chance with the Franchise Tag to see if he could put back to back healthy seasons together and he couldnt and that plus his perceived big mouth will probably lead to him leaving.  I hate to see him go and this puts a huge amount of pressure on the scouting department to ensure the WR we take in the 2nd round is a stud, something the Bucs have had a very difficlt time doing

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 11, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »

Money.

GLAZERS.

Dinero.

GLAZERS.

Thanks OWNERSHIP!  Thanks a ton!  Appreciate you guys saving money for a soccer club while the team I love sinks into the mire.  Appreciate it!

Now go FUG yourselves Glazers!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 11, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »

I personally rather have him as our #1 rather than take a chance on a guy high in the draft.

Only upgrades over him of guys projected to be available would be Brandon Marshall and Anquan Boldin and do you think we land them?  It would probably require picks(not sure whether Marshall is a RFA or not)

And I'd rather have a stud on the D line or Eric Berry over a Dez Bryant.  So we'll see, but the smart football move would be to re-sign Bryant...but he also has to be willing....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 11, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »

I think there are some issues involved that don't make their way out of the locker room.
I think some folks are testing the waters to permit the buccaneers to let him go based on invalid innuendo.  Money or dumb. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 11, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »

I think some folks are testing the waters to permit the buccaneers to let him go based on invalid innuendo. Money or dumb.
I think you are exactly correct.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 11, 2010, 10:00:56 PM »

Money.

GLAZERS.

Dinero.

GLAZERS.

Thanks OWNERSHIP! �Thanks a ton! �Appreciate you guys saving money for a soccer club while the team I love sinks into the mire. �Appreciate it!

The Glazers just paid the guy $9.88 million to sit on his can most of the year. If that was your money, you would be pissed.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 11, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »

Money.

GLAZERS.

Dinero.

GLAZERS.

Thanks OWNERSHIP! �Thanks a ton! �Appreciate you guys saving money for a soccer club while the team I love sinks into the mire. �Appreciate it!

The Glazers just paid the guy $9.88 million to sit on his can most of the year. If that was your money, you would be pissed.

Not really impressive since that is money they HAD to spend in order to get to the cap floor.

If they let Bryant go, quiet in free agency, and drive payroll further down then you dont really need any more evidence.

Sileo may have been on to something.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 11, 2010, 10:02:55 PM »

He's not worth $12 mil per year... that's why.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 11, 2010, 10:03:34 PM »

Money.

GLAZERS.

Dinero.

GLAZERS.

Yeah, his knee injury and desire toplay thorugh, the wish-wash known as the Bucs Offense, the QB scenario, the lack of a stable run game...all this ghad nothing to so with production by various members of the BUcs.

The way I see it, he is by far and away one of two best playmakes the BUcs have.

He was begging to hit the practice field, but coaches were holding him out...don't you get this?

Stop hating.  If it were my money, and I was that far under the cap, I would be looking to spend it to make my team a good one...not worrying about a stupid azz soccer club, which is ultimately what thisis all about.  Don't play me man.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 11, 2010, 11:31:52 PM »

Dump Clayton and pay the man! No excuses, Clayton is worthless as a wide receiver. No more excuses can be made for the guy! He stinks and he is vastly over-paid!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 11, 2010, 11:42:08 PM »

if he wants 5 mill a year or less i say pull the trigger on a 2 or 3 year deal. If he wants to get paid like a top 5 WR I would say flush him. Other thing would be to give him an incentives contract where if he gets say 70+ catches and 1,000 yards he'll get a bonus of X dollars.

No way in hell he accepts that. Clayton is getting $5 mil a year.

kbl11

Starter

« #28 : January 11, 2010, 11:47:01 PM »

By all accounts, the man is done as a Pewter guy.  But why?

I want to know why the Bucs FO think it is reasonable to let this guy go, he has good talent, he has not been belligerent in Tampa...

Dominik?  He does not want Bryant because he has an agenda, and he is willing to sink the WR corp to satiate this need,no doubt in my mind.

Why let the guy go?  Do you think Freeman wants to see Antonio go?

Gimme a break.

And for you guys who think he is a cancer, I would like to see the links for that?  You aint got any.

almmost as strange as letting Ruud walk from a defense like ours

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 11, 2010, 11:47:55 PM »

By all accounts, the man is done as a Pewter guy.  But why?

I want to know why the Bucs FO think it is reasonable to let this guy go, he has good talent, he has not been belligerent in Tampa...

Dominik?  He does not want Bryant because he has an agenda, and he is willing to sink the WR corp to satiate this need,no doubt in my mind.

Why let the guy go?  Do you think Freeman wants to see Antonio go?

Gimme a break.

And for you guys who think he is a cancer, I would like to see the links for that?  You aint got any.

almmost as strange as letting Ruud walk from a defense like ours

??? ???? ????
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the reason why the Bucs will let Antonio Bryant go? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools