Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the reason why the Bucs will let Antonio Bryant go? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#90 : December 03, 2010, 10:26:45 PM

Texas - you're bigger than that...

...there were completely different dynamics going on at the time - hindsight (no, I'm not talking about badonkadonks) is 20/20 now. While I did not agree with Boid on his view of Dominick on this - I did think it would be a mistake to expect development from the only legitimate franchise QB drafted by the Bucs in the past 10 years - without adding/signing a proven weapon at WR. You can call it luck, or awesome research...but NO ONE thought Mike Williams was going to answer the bell this season the way he has.

I was perplexed about letting AB escape thru free agency, especially considering the two main issues at the time: 1) The lack of progress in the CBA negotiations mean teams would likely hold on to their talent at key positions 2) most of us knew the top of our draft was going to address defensive line.

Besides - other than FRG, ufojoe and bradentonian - I don't remember a lot of folks making a claim that Freeman's development would be just fine with our veteran never-were's and 2nd round rookies...

Strangely, I specifically don't see your post anywhere in this thread?

...can't poke fun if you didn't take a side.

A side isn't necessary if the sides you're talking about are whether or not Freeman's growth would be stunted by releasing Bryant. Apparently, the staff knew something that no one else did, considering he hasn't played a snap this year. They must have known that his health, or some personal issue, would prevent him from helping Freeman whether he was on the team or not. This is why it's pointless to "pick a side" on an argument that is based on hearsay and opinion.

I think it's clear from your post that you misunderstood something...

No one implied that choosing either "side" was the problem - some guy simply showed up in a post 11 months after the fact mocking a post...from 11 months ago...that he hadn't participated in - in the first place.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 03, 2010, 10:30:18 PM

Wow.... there is some brilliance in this thread.

I can't believe you missed it...the first time 'round...!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#92 : December 03, 2010, 10:46:15 PM

Wow.... there is some brilliance in this thread.

I can't believe you missed it...the first time 'round...!

me either..... probably because it was on the Red. DBuc and I had many discussion about Bryant and the rumor of him being "cancerous".

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#93 : December 03, 2010, 10:50:55 PM

Pages 3-4, "Guest" is actually Mark Dominik.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#94 : December 03, 2010, 10:54:49 PM

Good thing for Mike Williams...Rejus is not coming out gangbusters like Mike is.

Also good to have a QB who is first in last out.  Crucial.

Looking back at how thin the wideout corps was at the time of his release, prior to the draft, it certainly appeared that the Bucs would be regretting not resigning Bryant.  It was only obvious to the Bucs how bad Bryants injury was...and given he suited up and played hurt, I assumed an offseason would do him well.

Once again, thank goodness for Mike Williams!  SYRACUSE!  I remember talking about him predraft...Dom drafted guys the BUcs needed.

He went two wideouts relatively early, and he went 2 DTs VERY early.  Glad to have a GM that picks name brand athletes, rather than guys who come from smaller programs, or who have tremendous athletic skills but are deemed RAW.

Glad to see the development of Freeman with one coordinator, with the reps he needed in TCs and preseason with the 1's...glad for all of it.  Last year was not stable.  This year, the importance of stability is apparent.  And the steal of Mike Williams was huge.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 04, 2010, 12:41:57 AM

I was for signing AB due to his experience and his talent - demonstrated prior to last season.

I was not for giving him Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Blodin money - I even suggested if we were going to spend that much we could....actually get Anquan Boldin...

However I was influenced heavily by the idea that we had to have an experienced WR for Freeman, his development would suffer. I also felt that there was no way to get AB talent/experience/production from rookies - this season.

I was wrong on both counts.

...but if "Pepsi" is to be believed - not even Dominick thought a rookie could be gotten that could contribute enough to have the Bucs in playoff contention this season...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#96 : December 04, 2010, 12:50:56 AM

Good to be erroneous on these accounts.  Bryant being injured, and slipping through the Bengholes team docs...gotta wonder how thoroughly they inspected AB before signing him...and am thoroughly impressed by Mike Williams.  In a sense, it is a shock thathe is doing so well, and in a sense, it isn't really.  Dude is a physical freak.  I even made note of it before the draft.  As did Syrabuc, if I recall correctly...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#97 : December 04, 2010, 09:06:03 AM

Yeah. Lets unload any vet that wants a big contract and replace him with some cheap, unproven guy.

You're right.  It's pathetic.  The cheap Glazers have let guys go on to be productive for other NFL teams like Bruce Gradkowski, Kenneth Darby, and Will Allen walk.  How can they let premium talent like that walk?  Pure greediness.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#98 : December 04, 2010, 09:13:04 PM

Yeah. Lets unload any vet that wants a big contract and replace him with some cheap, unproven guy.

You're right.  It's pathetic.  The cheap Glazers have let guys go on to be productive for other NFL teams like Bruce Gradkowski, Kenneth Darby, and Will Allen walk.  How can they let premium talent like that walk?  Pure greediness.

Don't forget about Derrick Brooks, Warrick Dunn, and Ike Hilliard

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#99 : December 05, 2010, 06:40:30 PM

Texas - you're bigger than that...

...there were completely different dynamics going on at the time - hindsight (no, I'm not talking about badonkadonks) is 20/20 now. While I did not agree with Boid on his view of Dominick on this - I did think it would be a mistake to expect development from the only legitimate franchise QB drafted by the Bucs in the past 10 years - without adding/signing a proven weapon at WR. You can call it luck, or awesome research...but NO ONE thought Mike Williams was going to answer the bell this season the way he has.

I was perplexed about letting AB escape thru free agency, especially considering the two main issues at the time: 1) The lack of progress in the CBA negotiations mean teams would likely hold on to their talent at key positions 2) most of us knew the top of our draft was going to address defensive line.

Besides - other than FRG, ufojoe and bradentonian - I don't remember a lot of folks making a claim that Freeman's development would be just fine with our veteran never-were's and 2nd round rookies...

Strangely, I specifically don't see your post anywhere in this thread?

...can't poke fun if you didn't take a side.

A side isn't necessary if the sides you're talking about are whether or not Freeman's growth would be stunted by releasing Bryant. Apparently, the staff knew something that no one else did, considering he hasn't played a snap this year. They must have known that his health, or some personal issue, would prevent him from helping Freeman whether he was on the team or not. This is why it's pointless to "pick a side" on an argument that is based on hearsay and opinion.

I think it's clear from your post that you misunderstood something...

No one implied that choosing either "side" was the problem - some guy simply showed up in a post 11 months after the fact mocking a post...from 11 months ago...that he hadn't participated in - in the first place.

First off you didn't do your homework then and I didn't bump this thread.  I never bump threads but someone did and there are 3 of them.  This happens to be the only one I didn't post in and if you had looked you'd see him and I were on the opposite sides.  I hadn't liked AB's attitude and wanted the drafting of Benn and have loved M. Will and the signing of Briscoe.  It's a message board.  Whether  I had said anything or not I'm free to post anything of my own opinion just like you so step off your soap box.  You don't know me anymore then the other guy.  I've been posting on this board for many years and only posted on the other one for a brief time long after I came here....and only about beer in their off topic board.   I didn't say anything about him personally like I have been insulted here by you and some kid who makes up stories about millionaire girlfriends.   His antics needed to be called out about the AB situation because him and many others had no faith in Raheem or Dominik and some of us knew they were building a good team the right way.   Thanks for concerning yourself with the situation between him and I.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#100 : December 05, 2010, 07:39:20 PM

You may have posted in 3 other threads, I wouldn't know - but I know you did not post in this one. Since you did not post in this thread you had to find it some other way. If you were going after someone - maybe it should have been in the thread you actually had a running conversation.

Perhaps I did confuse you for a poster from another board - and that may be the reason I did not give you the benefit of the doubt - your reply above reveals that you are not the troll with the similar screen name.

There were many reasons to be passionate last season - we were told the off-season was going to be about Josh Freeman - then we decided not to re-sign the only WR with starting experience in the NFL. It was one of the last of several frustrating issues from a frustrating season. As far as I know, those that didn't think it wise to leave Freeman with 2 rookies - have admitted we were wrong.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the reason why the Bucs will let Antonio Bryant go? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools