Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The reason I'm dissapointed... « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: March 02, 2007, 09:49:51 PM

I'm happy with the way the Buccaneers are handling things...

But the think that bugs me is the fact that drew brees was signed last year to a 6 year $60 million contract. That's an ALL PRO QB...

And this year we have Nate Clements signing an 8 year, $80 Million contract, Steinbach at $50 MIllion, and a FULLBACK at $18 Million. It's rediculous. THESE AREN'T EVEN THE BEST PLAYERS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE!

Dewayne White is probably going to land a 6 Year $40 Million contract...

But, again... I'm happy. I want this team to be good for years, not just this one...

Happy Shopping BUCS!

#1 : March 02, 2007, 09:54:51 PM

The only thing Im dissappointed about today, is that Gruden didnt talk to Plummer before he pulled off the trade to see how he felt about coming to Tampa. What if Plummer didnt retire, and this trade went through, we would be obtaining a QB who has no interest in being a part of this team.

Unless it is considered against the rules for the BUsc to talk to Plummer while he was under contract with Denver, about a potential trade. But Detroit allowed Dre Bly to talk to other teams, so Im sure Denver wouldnt have cared if Gruden wante dto have talks with Plummer before finalizing the deal

Its a moot point now anyways, but if Plummer didnt retire then we would have ended up losing a high 4th round pick for a QB who has no interest in competing for a starting job in Tampa

#2 : March 02, 2007, 09:58:47 PM

if we get white back then we should get him for the 5 mill he wanted no more

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 02, 2007, 09:59:50 PM

Unless it is considered against the rules for the BUsc to talk to Plummer while he was under contract with Denver, about a potential trade. But Detroit allowed Dre Bly to talk to other teams, so Im sure Denver wouldnt have cared if Gruden wanted to have talks with Plummer before finalizing the deal

Denver never gave that right to Plummer. We did talk to Plummer afterwards....which is when retirement came up. The deal was contingent on him redoing his deal and competing for the starting job.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 10:00:35 PM

We really have no idea how discussions went.  Also, Gruden or anyone on the Bucs have no ability to speak to another player under contract with another team unless that player's team gives permission beforehand.  If the Broncs didn't allow the Bucs to talk to Plummer first, then there's nothing legally the Bucs can do to guage his mind set.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 02, 2007, 10:01:21 PM

Did we sign Luke Petitgout yet?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#6 : March 02, 2007, 10:01:52 PM

I'm happy with the way the Buccaneers are handling things...

But the think that bugs me is the fact that drew brees was signed last year to a 6 year $60 million contract. That's an ALL PRO QB...

And this year we have Nate Clements signing an 8 year, $80 Million contract, Steinbach at $50 MIllion, and a FULLBACK at $18 Million. It's rediculous. THESE AREN'T EVEN THE BEST PLAYERS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE!

Dewayne White is probably going to land a 6 Year $40 Million contract...

But, again... I'm happy. I want this team to be good for years, not just this one...

Happy Shopping BUCS!

Why do people have a hard time realizing the change that has taken place in the league? There is a whole lotta new $$$$ to be spent.. .. its gotta go somewhere. Thats why i get so annoyed when i hear the "over-pay" crap!!!  PAY!!!!!! or get outta the way!!!!

bucswin5540

Second String

#7 : March 02, 2007, 10:02:02 PM

I'm disappointed that we didn't have this much cap space last year. We could have signed quality players that would have made an immediate impact. Now we must pay millions for marginal players. The FA list this year is the worst I've seen in years. All of the decent players have already signed. I hope we don't overpay these marginal players that we have visiting in the next few days. Petigout will probably be the next Jason Whittle.

#8 : March 02, 2007, 10:04:01 PM

thats why we should get a MLB in the draft instead

bucswin5540

Second String

#9 : March 02, 2007, 10:03:19 PM

I hope we don't give Napolean Harris a huge contract. We need a MLB to back up Ruud in the event Shelton retires, but we don't need to overpay for a guy that has done absolutely nothing since he came into the league as a first round pick. He is a bust.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 02, 2007, 10:48:52 PM

Everyone has a lot of money due to the new CBA. So every team held on to their best guys. If anyone was released, they are able to demand high amounts of money...and some teams like the 49ers are willing to pay.

Right now the contracts are trying to catch up to the increase in cap. Everyone praises how much money the Bucs have to spend (about $24 million), but there isn't much out there, and there are teams that are still even in better condition than we are. So we are not going to improve much through the free agency this year. We better have a good draft or work out some steller trades. And now Garcia is going to shop around, so he's going to want a huge contract.

#11 : March 02, 2007, 10:54:28 PM

Why wouldnt Denver have allowed teams to talk to Plummer? It benefits them none by doing that.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 02, 2007, 11:27:01 PM

According to nick (allegedly Jake's nephew who posts on this board), Denver didn't even tell Jake they were shopping him.

I think Denver wanted the Bucs to agree to the deal before they'd let them talk to Jake...it should have been a warning sign for the Bucs that something weird was up.

Still, I'm not upset. The Bucs tried to upgrade the QB position but it fell through. It happens.

I'm not a Garcia fan...if the Bucs aren't going to be able to get Jake, then I'd rather see us trade for Carr or Garrard.

As for the mad money...its always like that at the start. Things will simmer down and we'll have some semblance of sanity.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The reason I'm dissapointed... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools