Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raiders and Garcia reach a contract impasse, both sides appear to be moving on « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 02, 2007, 11:20:30 PM

If we sign Garcia and the draft goes... CJ, Thomas, and Adams... WE ARE SCREWED!

Why would Cleveland pick Adams ahead of Russell, Quinn, and Peterson?

I don't know about Cleveland but I can see the draft going Johnson, Adams, Thomas.

Supposedly they are very big on Russell.

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 02, 2007, 11:21:56 PM

If we sign Garcia and the draft goes... CJ, Thomas, and Adams... WE ARE SCREWED!

And that makes sense how?

At #4. the best players on the board will be QBs.

Disagree, but even if you're right, there are only two.  So if it was 1CJ 2JT 3GA 4BQ 5JR
we still get #6, or the ability to trade down. 

And FWIW if Adams and Okoye were bother there at 4 and I couldn't trade, I'd grab Okoye.

Hell I'd prolly grab Carricker before Adams

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 03, 2007, 12:20:04 AM

Okoye, Adams, Reggie Nelson, Levi Brown, Carriker, Paul P/   The first round is very rich in talent.

BucLord

Starter

#33 : March 03, 2007, 08:22:03 AM

Maybe someone just gave the memo to Lane Kiffin that Al Davis likes to throw the ball deep and Garcia doesn't do that very well.

Are'nt the Raiders and new coach Kiffen going back to the WCO?  Thats what I heard, and remember under Grudens WCO they had Gannon who couldnt throw more than 30 yards.

I read on the Raiders board Garcia wanted to know who the Raiders had intended on drafting and the Raiders basically told fim to go F himself that it was none of his business.  Holding the #1 pick they certainly were not going to let that out to anybody, considering the position they are in as far as taking bids for that slot.

What I heard was that he was offered the starting QB position in Oakland and that if it takes the team a year to get the gel of Kiffins new offenbse and the Raiders struggle that they would be forced to play Walter or Russell if they drafted him.

Jeff Garcia wants the starting position of QB throughout the whole season regtardless of whatever team signs him. I think he's being a little selfish. Team comes first, not the player.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 03, 2007, 08:34:34 AM

Well the Raiders defense is playoff caliber.  If Garcia can make the Raiders offense at least average they are a playoff team.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 03, 2007, 09:53:42 AM

Good... Garcia or Harrington could be good here.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 03, 2007, 10:01:07 AM

If Garcia's the fix, I can't wait to see what else the Bucs have up their sleeves.  ::) I'm still not sold on Garcia yet. He's had great play, and he's had very shaky play in the last few years. If you look at the teams he's been on, it does very much come down to the other players around him. I think Garcia is an upgrade, but I'm not expecting drastic turnaround with the team just because of him. I don't think he's our Payton Manning or Tom Brady.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 03, 2007, 10:03:43 AM

i dont want garcia here either, but if the bucs dont bring in a veteran guy, the majority of fans are gonna throw the biggest fit imaginable.

damned if you do, damned if you dont.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 03, 2007, 10:08:09 AM

You're right. The majority of the fans are also growing very impatient. Garcia comes in here and doesn't explode on the scene (in a positive way), there is going to be a lot of trouble in paradise. As much pressure as Gruden or any other coach in crisis right now is feeling; Garcia will be under the same microscope. It's getting to the point with some people where that Week 1 game better come back a win or all Hell will break loose.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools