Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone know if XM broadcasts Buc games? « previous next »
Page: 1

zed

Pro Bowler

: March 02, 2007, 10:02:48 PM

Hey guys, I'm planning to get a satellite radio and would prefer to get XM over Sirius.  But does XM broadcast Buc games?  I'm always on the road on Sundays, which is why I need a satellite radio to keep up with the games.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 02, 2007, 10:18:27 PM

No.  Sirius is the one with the NFL games and NFL network.  And Howard and Bubba.   But Sirius and XM might be merging so it won't matter.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : March 02, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Don't get anything just yet. If the merger goes through you might need entirely new equipment, nobody knows. Wait and see what happens.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 02, 2007, 10:25:29 PM

Don't get anything just yet. If the merger goes through you might need entirely new equipment, nobody knows. Wait and see what happens.

You will probably keep the hardware you have currently and the broadcast will be received on both.  Otherwise they would have to give away 15 million new units or risk losing most of their members.  I know where I'd tell them to go if I had to buy a new radio after spending over $200.

#4 : March 02, 2007, 10:29:15 PM

the email i got said that that wouldn't take place til late in the year.

Dominico

Starter

#5 : March 02, 2007, 10:42:38 PM

Go with Sirius. If the merger doesn't go through, then you will still have the NFL coverage which is only on sirius. I am a subscriber and I don't know what I would do without it.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 02, 2007, 11:21:22 PM

The NFL Radio channel on Sirius is unbelievable. I can't live without it...especially in the off-season when talk radio is mind numbing baseball and golf talk.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 02, 2007, 11:23:07 PM

plus sirius has nascar and the NBA if your into that.  the only thing xm has on them is MLB.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 02, 2007, 11:31:48 PM

They also have the NHL...my other love....wish I could hear the NHL channel....I can only hope it will come over if the Xm-Sirius merger is approved.

fessy

Second String

#9 : March 03, 2007, 01:46:22 AM

I get NHL games on Sirius.  I sometimes listen to Lightning games on there.

The CEO of Sirius said if the two companies merged, both xm and sirius radios would be able to transmit.

watson

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 03, 2007, 05:21:10 AM

Do you hear the Bucs broadcast team when they play?  What does your monthly subscription cost and does anyone know if it can be picked up outside the US?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 03, 2007, 07:47:47 AM

Do you hear the Bucs broadcast team when they play? What does your monthly subscription cost and does anyone know if it can be picked up outside the US?
Yes you get the Bucs broadcast team. Ive got a lifetime subscription but I think the monthly rate is around 12 or 13 bucks. As for outside the U.S. Im not sure of that

jaybuc1

Rookie
#12 : March 03, 2007, 09:59:30 AM

basically the sirius system works in north america. you will not need new equipment if the companies merge, but if not, go with sirius. it has by far the better content. i am not just talking about howard and bubba, the talk stations are better ant the music is all 100% commercial free. some xm music stations are now playing commercials.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone know if XM broadcasts Buc games? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools