Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RUUD Haters..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: January 13, 2010, 08:25:08 AM

You guys crack me up....  Kid was tied for 2nd in the NFL in tackles (142) this season, and you geniuses want him the hell out of town, PR STAFF INCLUDED.....  Barrett plays behind the WORST defensive line the NFL has seen in years and still manages to make 142 tackles, only 10 behind Patrick Willis who lead the league.....  Yes, he making tackles 4-5 yards down the field, because his own DT's are being driven down is throat, or their getting azzez ragged dolled...  Keep in mind Barrett did all this in a NEW defense, that was all wrong for him, and everyone else on this team....  Is Ruud perfect? No, but he's far from the damn problem....    [banghead]

bucsense

Practice Squad

#1 : January 13, 2010, 08:27:28 AM

Maybe, but he's not part of the 'fix' as I see it....

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 13, 2010, 08:28:56 AM

He's topped out.. What you see is his A Game. We should trade him for a 2nd round pick. There is far better talent in this draft. He isn't a play maker.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 13, 2010, 08:37:59 AM

tackle stats don't mean much.  Bates system was funneling to him and he wasn't doing a good job stopping the run.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 13, 2010, 08:41:57 AM

with all the other needs on this team, i dont see creating another hole to have a rookie go through the learning process. the bucs also have him for one more year due to no CBA. i dont think this is the season to look for ruuds replacement. you may also see him improve when the d-line improves. too soon IMO.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 13, 2010, 08:43:48 AM

He's topped out.. What you see is his A Game. We should trade him for a 2nd round pick. There is far better talent in this draft. He isn't a play maker.

Not a playmaker?  

I hear people say that all the time, and I really think is because he's not the chest thumping, "look at me, I made a tackle" mouth of the south type player....   SO WHAT!!!  He's productive as hell.....  Shelton Quarles was the same way and last time I checked he has a Super Bowl Ring!

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 13, 2010, 08:49:22 AM

tackle stats don't mean much.  Bates system was funneling to him and he wasn't doing a good job stopping the run.

Bates system?  Ok....  Well in Monte's system, last season, Barrett had 137 tackles, 4th in the league.......  So I guess he's productive no matter the system.....

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 13, 2010, 08:52:15 AM

Tat, I agree. He needs to be on one more year behind a better line. If he sucks after that, then let him go asap.
While the tackle stat IS nice, It doesn't tell the whole tale. For the most part, teams worked towards Ruud and Sabby. They became the weak spots, besides the aforementioned weaker DL spot. Personally, I would like to see more forward tackles, and less falling backwards while tackling. Regardless of how many he gets, that still gives up lots of yardage.

Anyone want to do the math on this one? I'd like to know how much YAC was given up near Ruuds usual area. I think that might tell the tale better than anything.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 13, 2010, 08:53:09 AM

You guys crack me up....  Kid is tied for 2nd in the NFL in tackles (142), and you geniuses want him the hell out of town, PR STAFF INCLUDED.....  Barrett plays behind the WORST defensive line the NFL has seen in years and still manages to make 142 tackles, only 10 behind Beason who lead the league.....  Yes, he making tackles 4-5 yards down the filed, because his own DT's are being driven down is throat, or their getting azzez ragged dolled...  Keep in mind Barrett did all this in a NEW defense, that was all wrong for him, and everyone else on this team....  Is Ruud perfect? No, but he's far from the damn problem....    [banghead]

I happen to agree with you dawg.  I think Suh would make Ruud and the intire defense look like a brand new squad...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucsense

Practice Squad

#9 : January 13, 2010, 08:54:11 AM

Mouth of the south?  What's that?   Rudd makes a lot of tackles true......but he is not a "playmaker".....Look that up when you get a chance.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 13, 2010, 09:02:07 AM

Mouth of the south? �What's that? � Rudd makes a lot of tackles true......but he is not a "playmaker".....Look that up when you get a chance.

He "made" 142 "plays" homie, 107 solo....... Like I said, tied for 2nd in the league with the likes of Jon Beason, and 8 more than 2009 Pro Bowler Ray Lewis......   

I'll take it!!!!

btw "mouth of the south" = 99 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 13, 2010, 09:05:02 AM

He is a JAG.

Bring on the draft pick for him.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 13, 2010, 09:05:50 AM

I have no issue with Ruud, I just think we can do better than a drag down tackler who makes all his plays 7 yards down field.

He's not a thumper like Hardy, nor does he excel in coverage like Shelton, nor is he a leader like Ray Lewis. Pretty much, he's a good ball player who needs a lot of talent around him to be effective.

Tackles are great, but when they're 10 yards down field you're not helping your defense.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 13, 2010, 09:07:48 AM

But why is he making tackles down the field?  Cuz the dline has not helped at all...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 13, 2010, 09:09:52 AM

He has always been a drag down tackler.

He is a JAG that needs to be shipped out as another mistake from the previous regime.  Time to turn the page on Gru/Allen/Kiffin pet projects.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RUUD Haters..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools