Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ? Tennessee to name new HC by Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: January 15, 2010, 02:18:38 PM

According to blurb on Dan Patrick show this AM.

Anybody heard anything at all?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 15, 2010, 02:20:24 PM

Heard that David Cutliffe took his name out of the running.  If that is true, then yikes.  Rather stay at Duke than move to Rocky Top?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 15, 2010, 03:47:16 PM

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/15/dooley-not-a-lock-sumlin-in-the-mix/
This Shiite is never-ending.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 15, 2010, 04:41:31 PM

Derek Dooley to Tennessee is a done deal.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 15, 2010, 04:43:22 PM

Tennessee
LOL

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 15, 2010, 05:27:30 PM

How sad that TEN is looking at a WAC coach with a losing record as their HC apparently because he has the last name of someone more famous.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 15, 2010, 05:34:13 PM

How sad that TEN is looking at a WAC coach with a losing record as their HC apparently because he has the last name of someone more famous.

I'd take Houstons coach ten times before I took Dooley. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 15, 2010, 05:42:24 PM

Sumlin has done a great job at UH and at least has an exciting offense...oh and wins.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 15, 2010, 08:23:31 PM

Utah coach turned him down.

Cutliffe turned him down because UT wanted him to keep the staff they have left. UT is out of money. IMO these coaches made smart choices, coaching in a small town with delusional obsessive fans bases doesnt sound that much fun.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 15, 2010, 08:57:31 PM

Cutliffe turned him down because UT wanted him to keep the staff they have left. UT is out of money. IMO these coaches made smart choices, coaching in a small town with delusional obsessive fans bases doesnt sound that much fun.

I heard that later about the coaches.  Not sure what the fan base is delusional about.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 15, 2010, 10:38:26 PM

I heard that later about the coaches.  Not sure what the fan base is delusional about.

look how they acted when a coach left. Im sure its great coaching when your winning, but the losing part would be awful in the sec.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 16, 2010, 05:48:54 PM

Ditto.

Since when did a big program hire a coach from a small school with a losing record, without any kind of winning background as a coordinator?  I mean, the guy was only .500 in his friggin' conference.  Makes zero sense.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 16, 2010, 07:32:42 PM

Dooley will be a solid coach. La Tech is a horrible school and their location is terrible for recruiting(SEC teams steal all the good players and they're also much farther east than any other WAC school). His record hasn't been great, but he has nothing to work with.

He certainly wasn't their best option, but many of their remaining options turned them down so all things considered, I think it's a solid hire.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ? Tennessee to name new HC by Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools