Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Protest « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 31

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 16, 2010, 05:36:14 PM

Anyone that gone to RJS knows that all they play is hip hop before the game. The same for the Jaguar's stadium - so why do they bring out the WHO for the Superbowl? I've never heard their music at the stadiums. I really doubt that the majority of NFL viewers could even list a couple of their songs. Ludacris or Lil' Wayne ought to do it - as long as they don't stay away from the N-word, the MF word, and don't sing about raping, killing people.

you mean "that jungle music"..... as i heard this crotchety old white man say at one of the gms?

Necessary?

what.... for him to call it jungle music? i think not.

-------------------------------------------------------

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 16, 2010, 05:44:18 PM

Seriously though if they want to avoid any incident like that again just avoid female artists. It's tough for a guy to lose his pants and show his package. Girls are also bigger attention whores usually.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 16, 2010, 05:50:11 PM

I'm not a fan of any bands JoshJohnson11 suggested, but damn, you don't get much worse than the Rolling Stones a few years ago.  I was embarrassed watching that.  I can't imagine how they felt.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 16, 2010, 06:00:36 PM

granted this was back in 2001, a 9/11 tribute concert, but they still had it then, greatest live band ever:

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 16, 2010, 06:03:40 PM

you got to be kidding me! �The Who not a real band! �<shakes head>

He's probably too young to understand proper music, next he'll say that the Rolling Stones are a pub band and the Beatles were just street musicians ;)
Actually I love the Beatles and the rolling Stones are okay.
what are you 15?
Yes actually I just had my 15th B-day on the 4th.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : January 16, 2010, 07:07:05 PM

granted this was back in 2001, a 9/11 tribute concert, but they still had it then, greatest live band ever:

good clips --- reinforces to me that the Who will definitely be a great halftime show

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 16, 2010, 07:50:06 PM

This is a protest to get a real rock band/ Singer to preform at the SB halftime show next year, Such as the All American Rejects/ Fall out Boy/All time low you know bands that weren't playing in the 1980s. I'm sick of the springsteens and the Who lets get a real band.
As long as the SB tickets are priced to be sold to adults the half time will be aimed to please adults.  Kinda screwy to some - but rational.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 16, 2010, 07:59:59 PM

This is a protest to get a real rock band/ Singer to preform at the SB halftime show next year, Such as the All American Rejects/ Fall out Boy/All time low you know bands that weren't playing in the 1980s. I'm sick of the springsteens and the Who lets get a real band.
As long as the SB tickets are priced to be sold to adults the half time will be aimed to please adults.  Kinda screwy to some - but rational.

From any indication of the adults I know, they'd prefer Lady Gaga over The Who. The current generation of 30 year olds are somewhat immature. 30 is the new 20.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 16, 2010, 09:06:41 PM

the 20-30 yr olds aren't the ones buyin SB tix.

-------------------------------------------------------

dj1111

Rookie

#24 : January 16, 2010, 09:32:18 PM

How about getting local High School marching bands? Or frisbee dogs, or Punt, Pass and Kick. Why do we need a freaking cool band anyway? I spend most, if not all halftimes in the beer line or the bathroom. Lady Gaga, the Who, or WHO gives a crap.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 16, 2010, 09:35:47 PM

Is someone really trying to petition for Lady gaga in this thread?

Pulling Guard

Second String

#26 : January 16, 2010, 09:36:47 PM

I was going to rag on you for your poor music taste, then I saw your name, and I realized you have equally bad taste in your favorite football players.

Josh Johnson is to good quarterbacks as Fall Out Boy is to good rock n roll.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 16, 2010, 09:40:50 PM

Is this some kind of joke?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 16, 2010, 09:49:18 PM

the 20-30 yr olds aren't the ones buyin SB tix.

I said 30 year olds are becoming more and more immature and they're a sizeable majority.

Nothing wrong with Lady Gaga either. She's the best musician on the radio in ages.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 16, 2010, 09:50:02 PM

The Who is fine, just please don't play Pinball Wizard.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Protest « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools