Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Those who Said "Reggie Bush is a BUST!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#75 : January 17, 2010, 04:48:05 AM

Bush is as much as success as Caddy is for Tampa. Both were drafted higher that they should be, though Bush had an almost unprecedented hype. Both are still overpaid for their production. And even though they only have 2 or 3 good games a season, everyone starts to use that as justification that they are not busts.

Without Brees, Bush would be less of a player than Caddy.

luke99

Starter

#76 : January 17, 2010, 07:08:47 AM

LOL again at most of you. NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! 2 times in 4 years.. That is a Team player!

;D

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 17, 2010, 08:51:52 AM

Dude had around 700 total yards this year, wow. Holy hades, he's why they are in the NFCC game for sure not Pierre Thomas who has 300+ more yards than Reggie this year or that Brees character.

Reggie sucks he made a big play but then again Tim Hightower had the long run in the game so I guess he's a stud RB as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#78 : January 17, 2010, 09:20:08 AM

Glenn Dorsey isn't a huge bust, he's doing alright for the Chiefs now.

He's just a huge disappointment, like Reggie Bush.

At least Dorsey has an excuse in busted up knees.  Bush doesn't have that.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#79 : January 17, 2010, 09:33:07 AM

So from what I gather about Reggie Bush, I compare with Anthony McFarland.

Anthony "Booger" McFarland was apart of our Championship team in 1999 and also our super bowl team in 2002. (2 championships in 4 years)
He was drafted in the first round.
He started for most of his tenure here in Tampa.
He has some production, but nothing spectacular.

Therefore, Anthony McFarland is not a bust.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 17, 2010, 09:33:27 AM

At least Dorsey has an excuse in busted up knees.  Bush doesn't have that.

Dorsey is a 3 technique playing way, way out of position as a 3-4 end and the weakside 3-4 end at that. Whatever he might be it won't be in that role.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#81 : January 17, 2010, 09:55:03 AM

At least Dorsey has an excuse in busted up knees.  Bush doesn't have that.

Dorsey is a 3 technique playing way, way out of position as a 3-4 end and the weakside 3-4 end at that. Whatever he might be it won't be in that role.

Yeah but they just switched to that this season, I believe.  Dorsey wasn't very effective his first season and spent a lot of time in the trainers room.  The guy just hasn't been the explosive player he was before the cheap-shot by the Auburn O-Lineman.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 17, 2010, 09:58:59 AM

Yeah but they just switched to that this season, I believe.  Dorsey wasn't very effective his first season and spent a lot of time in the trainers room.  The guy just hasn't been the explosive player he was before the cheap-shot by the Auburn O-Lineman.

Rookie DT's are usually not impact players, note to us for this season BTW, so what he did or didn't do as a rookie at that spot doesn't mean much to me.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 17, 2010, 10:14:16 AM

Never considered him a "bust" as a punt returner, or as a receiver out of the backfield either. Don't think anyone else with eyes and a brain on this board ever did either  ;). Now as an every-down RB, yes, most on this board know his shortcomings and "bust" would historically be an apt description  ;D

luke99

Starter

#84 : January 17, 2010, 10:17:23 AM

;D  It is amazing that the Saints keep playing this "BUST" But then again they dont have a great Head Coach like the BUCS who just picked up a "franchise BUST QB and a Future Hall of Famer ;)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#85 : January 17, 2010, 10:24:13 AM

Never considered him a "bust" as a punt returner, or as a receiver out of the backfield either. Don't think anyone else with eyes and a brain on this board ever did either  ;). Now as an every-down RB, yes, most on this board know his shortcomings and "bust" would historically be an apt description  ;D

For all the hype on him as a receiver he's really not that good at it. Yes he catches a TON of passes but his ypc isn't special for a RB - Thomas is better and has been for the last 3 years and this year Heath Evans is a scant  .1 ypc behind him. Heck, Caddy has a better ypc than Reggie. You always hear, get him in the open field but as a receiver but Pittman in his first 4 years in Tampa had a lot more more big plays than Bush has in a lot less catches.

delanno25

Second String
#86 : January 17, 2010, 11:36:42 AM

The truth is there aren't many RBs in this league since 06 who has seen the end zone as many times as Reggie Bush.  I'll take TDs over yardage any day because TDs wins games not yardage and when he scores his TDs they're usually big plays that changes the game like how he's done against us in the past. I know off top of my head two big plays in separate games where he scored the game winning TD against us.  His TDs are usually from 30 or more yards out not just a 1 yard TD run like Lendale White. So far he's scored 32 TDs in his career despite only playing 3 1/4 years worth of games due to injuries. There are a lot of backs who play the full season and still don't score as many TDs as Reggie Bush. No one is saying he is a Stud of a football player like Adrian Peterson or a great RB, we all know that he isn't but he is a very valuable player whether you like him or not. Any player who can score 32 TDs in under 3 1/2 years is not a bust. I wish we had that kind of production on our team. we'd definitely win more games.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#87 : January 17, 2010, 03:25:24 PM

Yeah, You guys are really Pimpin me good!! ;D ;D I think I might just run away... NOT

Bush is in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game and YOU HATE, Bash a 26 year old who has passed away..

I don't give a damn about Gaines Adams. Didn't want him here in the first place, and ecstatic with the 2nd rd pick.

As for your sniffing of Bush's jock, the Saints are in the NFC championship game due to the play of Drew Brees. Any fool, you included, should be able to see that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Garv

Hall of Famer
#88 : January 17, 2010, 03:30:32 PM

Yeah, You guys are really Pimpin me good!! ;D ;D I think I might just run away... NOT

Bush is in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game and YOU HATE, Bash a 26 year old who has passed away..

I don't give a damn about Gaines Adams. Didn't want him here in the first place, and ecstatic with the 2nd rd pick.

As for your sniffing of Bush's jock, the Saints are in the NFC championship game due to the play of Drew Brees. Any fool, you included, should be able to see that.

Come on, you're better than that.
Hopefully you're just pissed off the Vikings and Brett Favre are kicking the Cowboy's AZZ!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#89 : January 17, 2010, 03:32:06 PM

Come on, you're better than that.
Hopefully you're just pissed off the Vikings and Brett Favre are kicking the Cowboy's butt!

Lol.... no Garv, not at all. I have no horse in this race. My post season team (Packers) got kicked out last week.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Those who Said "Reggie Bush is a BUST!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools