Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow's Abortion Commercial « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 17, 2010, 04:06:19 AM

I am pro choice, but I respect Tebow for standing up for his beliefs. I sure wish the Bucs had some players like Tebow.
I am pro choice as well...however, I think the message he is sending is proper.  adoption agencies do exist.  It is the right message.  It will ease the conscious after some time.  I had to grow into this line of thinking, but I agree with him ten trillion percent.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 17, 2010, 08:55:48 AM

Standing up for beliefs and pushing yours on others are two different things.

Do you know the purpose of commercials?

Are you serious?  I'm pretty sure you can avoid that commercial and all commercials if you're worried about commercials "pushing their beliefs" on you.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : January 17, 2010, 09:05:34 AM

Agree - the Super Bowl isn't the appropriate venue for this message. Moralistic, pro-life whack-jobs pushing their message during a time when people want to relax and watch football for a few hours. I guess if organizations have the money to pay for Superbowl ads, why not.  Next thing, the pro-gun NRA nutjobs will be pushing their agenda to the Americaan people who just want to see some good football.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 17, 2010, 09:33:07 AM

Are you serious?  I'm pretty sure you can avoid that commercial and all commercials if you're worried about commercials "pushing their beliefs" on you.

Come on. Pushing a pro-life agenda is a little different. It has no reason to be on during the Super Bowl. Why spend all this money on a Super Bowl commercial for something that more than likely won't work, instead use that money to actually help people....

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 17, 2010, 09:41:47 AM

Agree - the Super Bowl isn't the appropriate venue for this message. Moralistic, pro-life whack-jobs pushing their message during a time when people want to relax and watch football for a few hours. I guess if organizations have the money to pay for Superbowl ads, why not. Next thing, the pro-gun NRA nutjobs will be pushing their agenda to the Americaan people who just want to see some good football.

Just curious, is everyone who has a differing opinion from yours either a nutjob or whack-job or are you just singling out the radical portion of those groups? I guess it's good that they at least they have jobs.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 17, 2010, 09:44:38 AM

Come on. Pushing a pro-life agenda is a little different. It has no reason to be on during the Super Bowl. Why spend all this money on a Super Bowl commercial for something that more than likely won't work, instead use that money to actually help people....

Tebow's not spending the money.  He was asked to a commercial for something he believes in.  That's hardly forcing anything down your throat.  You know what's it's about, so don't watch it if it is offensive to you.

I doubt the commercial will be screaming about anyone burning in hell for abortions.  I think you might be going a little melodramatic over a 30 second commercial.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 17, 2010, 09:46:21 AM

I know Tebow isn't spending money on it. I just think it belongs no where near the Super Bowl. Melodramatic? Hardly. I just think it is ridiculous to do.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 17, 2010, 09:51:30 AM

I know Tebow isn't spending money on it. I just think it belongs no where near the Super Bowl. Melodramatic? Hardly. I just think it is ridiculous to do.

Saying an amateur athlete is "pushing" anything on you because he agreed to do a commercial for something he believes in is the very definition of melodrama.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : January 17, 2010, 09:52:21 AM

Melodramatic might be a good middlename for Tebow...

Booker

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 17, 2010, 09:53:32 AM

lol

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 17, 2010, 10:09:36 AM

Yes, crying uncontrollably after a football game is melodramatic as well.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 17, 2010, 10:21:47 AM

actually, that might be

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 17, 2010, 10:30:04 AM

In a (sort of ) democratic society which allows free speech, how exactly are they different? How does one stand up for his beliefs without trying to persuade others?

I also dislike people who try and force their opinions down your throat.

Do you mean people like Doritos, who push their pro tortilla chip opinions, or Honda with their pro car agenda, or Budwieser with their pro beer stance, or Pepsi and their pro soda opinions. Because I dislike ALL those people shoving their opinions down my throat and say do away with ALL the commercials and make the Super Bowl a Pay Per View event.

At least Tebow isn't a talking baby with a pro-on line trading agenda, that dude gets into my head.

#28 : January 17, 2010, 11:16:56 AM

Sounds like someone is being lazy and not wanting to change the channel if they don't agree with the content of the message. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 17, 2010, 11:26:05 AM

I LOVE hearing what famous people think about certain social issues.

::)

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow's Abortion Commercial « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools