Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reports say Gaines Adams dead at 26 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: January 17, 2010, 02:14:38 PM

Hey Morgan, speaking of Chris Henry....I got some of his jerseys on the cheap if your interested......they fell off the back of a truck...

okay, kinda funny......and these soapbox lectures by the likes of ladyfan are getting on my nerves

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 17, 2010, 02:13:29 PM

Guys.  I am as shocked by the remarks on this board about Gaines Adams, as I was about his premature death at the age of 26.  

The sheer insensitivity of the remarks, backed up by even more in your face attitude is beyond sad.  It shows a side of some of you that needs some work.  It wouldn't cost you anything to be respectful, but it will cost you much much more in your own lives that you allow yourself to be so cold.  And right now, you guys have lost my respect, as little as that count to you and to the vast universe in general.  More importantly, you've made me sad that you made these remarks on this board, and in a post that seeks to pay its condolences.  You have somewhat tarnished the sentiments of those who sincerely wanted to add their sympathies to the family of Gaines Adams.  Please allow that to continue without any further detrimental comments no matter how witty, cynical or otherwise inappropriately you may be tempted.  Save that for another day on another post if you must.  But today, allow us to mourn a former Bucs players, a human being with a father, mother and exended family, a college alumni, a hometown kid with dreams and a future snuffed out....just like that.

To the family of Gaines Adams:  My personal consolences from my family to yours in this very difficult time.  God Bless.

Totally agree...there is no need to say he was a Bust or that the Bucs made out in the trade....

If anything, out of a token of our appreciation, we should donate the 2nd round pick we got from the Bears to some charity..  After all, we will probably draft some bust like Marquis Cooper with the pick anyway...

VA_Buc30

Starter

#2 : January 17, 2010, 02:11:51 PM

RIP Gaines.....

enlarged heart is what killed that University of Southern Indiana basketball player as well last week.  

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 17, 2010, 12:29:13 PM

Sad for him and his family..... still a bust of a draft pick.

The more you post, the more I realize that you and I are a lot alike. Maybe this isn't the venue for such sentiments, but dying does not make him any better of a football player. There's no reason to regret bashing the man for his lousy play.

None whatsoever. People die everyday... a very close friend of the family passed yesterday. Gaines passing doesn't make him some type of hero.

Not a hero on the football field.. But as we remember he wasn't a bad person. Gaines was a good guy. And dont use that as an excuse for a lack of respect.. My 32 year old cousins funeral was yesterday..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 17, 2010, 12:28:21 PM

Good thing we traded him i guess

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 17, 2010, 02:11:09 PM

Hey Morgan, speaking of Chris Henry....I got some of his jerseys on the cheap if your interested......they fell off the back of a truck...

You got some jerseys "on the cheap?"

And that was the worst, dumbest joke ever.

Get the sand out of your vag....that is certainly a clever joke.  It's not like I invented it either...

Maybe on the cheap was a poor excuse of wording, but the joke certainly is clever....alot clever"er" then Chris Henry ever was....

And I didn't say anything negative about Gaines.  That stinks, but everyone jumped on Hate for saying he was a bust and all you **CENSORED**heads on your high horse got on him.   Get a grip.  I liked Gaines Adams alot and that does stink...but Gaines died of natural causes...he didn't die because he was an adiot like Chris Henry.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 17, 2010, 02:08:04 PM

Guys.  I am as shocked by the remarks on this board about Gaines Adams, as I was about his premature death at the age of 26.  

The sheer insensitivity of the remarks, backed up by even more in your face attitude is beyond sad.  It shows a side of some of you that needs some work.  It wouldn't cost you anything to be respectful, but it will cost you much much more in your own lives that you allow yourself to be so cold.  And right now, you guys have lost my respect, as little as that count to you and to the vast universe in general.  More importantly, you've made me sad that you made these remarks on this board, and in a post that seeks to pay its condolences.  You have somewhat tarnished the sentiments of those who sincerely wanted to add their sympathies to the family of Gaines Adams.  Please allow that to continue without any further detrimental comments no matter how witty, cynical or otherwise inappropriately you may be tempted.  Save that for another day on another post if you must.  But today, allow us to mourn a former Bucs players, a human being with a father, mother and exended family, a college alumni, a hometown kid with dreams and a future snuffed out....just like that.

To the family of Gaines Adams:  My personal consolences from my family to yours in this very difficult time.  God Bless.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 17, 2010, 02:06:50 PM

You got some jerseys "on the cheap" if your interested?

And that was the worst, dumbest joke ever.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 17, 2010, 02:02:14 PM

There are truly some pathetic, low life scum's on this forum that want to bash a man on how he was as a football player, not knowing what he was as a person. Which on many accounts from what has been said, that he was a pretty good guy. You have to be a pretty miserable, hateful person with your own life to bash someone else life that was lost. I'll be sure to mention, if your time were to come, on how much of a sorry poster you are, that you were a prick and a sick SOB, that this world is a better place now without you inhabiting it with your fuilth.

totally agree...some people need to get a grip....

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 17, 2010, 02:00:57 PM

RIP Gaines. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 17, 2010, 01:57:38 PM

There are truly some pathetic, low life scum's on this forum that want to bash a man on how he was as a football player, not knowing what he was as a person. Which on many accounts from what has been said, that he was a pretty good guy. You have to be a pretty miserable, hateful person with your own life to bash someone else life that was lost. I'll be sure to mention, if your time were to come, on how much of a sorry poster you are, that you were a prick and a sick SOB, that this world is a better place now without you inhabiting it with your fuilth.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 17, 2010, 01:53:14 PM

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : January 17, 2010, 01:51:55 PM

surprising to see an autopsy being done so early after death and results being leaked out -

while the Micheal Jackson results took half a year.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 17, 2010, 01:43:12 PM

From NFL's site it is now saying that it was an enlarged heart that Adams had.
Impossible for them to know...the autopsy results will not be out for a while now.

The preliminary autopsy showed an enlarged heart.

And that can be caused by a dozen things. High blood pressure, Coronary disease, Myocarditis, Valve dysfunction, Cardiomyopathy, Thyroid problems, Rhythm problems, etc, etc...

They wont know exactly until an autopsy is done.

Ummm, okay? I understand that, that's why I said preliminary. The person I was quoting was refuting the enlarged heart bit. ;)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 17, 2010, 01:42:05 PM

From NFL's site it is now saying that it was an enlarged heart that Adams had.
Impossible for them to know...the autopsy results will not be out for a while now.

The preliminary autopsy showed an enlarged heart.

And that can be caused by a dozen things. High blood pressure, Coronary disease, Myocarditis, Valve dysfunction, Cardiomyopathy, Thyroid problems, Rhythm problems, etc, etc...

They wont know exactly until an autopsy is done.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reports say Gaines Adams dead at 26 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools