Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Approach By Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: March 02, 2007, 11:53:21 PM

The Bucs seem to be targeting guys that won't be demanding the huge contracts, but that can be solid contributors. Low risk, high reward type guys are being brought in and this front office has a good history of doing that. Even in the infamous free agency class of 2004, none of those guys recieved a signing bonus of more than $4 million, which just three years later would be the signing bonus a special teamer or a kicker could frequently recieve.

#1 : March 02, 2007, 11:56:26 PM

EXACTLY.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 03, 2007, 12:05:03 AM

Allen and Gruden are actually thinking before they sign someone. Coyer has probably given them advice

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

kennard19

Starter
#3 : March 03, 2007, 12:13:09 AM

Yea your comment makes sense, but at the same time don't you agree that we need to get someone signed that is going to contribute to more than just special teams?

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 03, 2007, 12:17:54 AM

Yea your comment makes sense, but at the same time don't you agree that we need to get someone signed that is going to contribute to more than just special teams?

I do, but you have to believe of the guys that have come or that are scheduled to come in we will sign a few. Petigout, Newberry, Griffith, and possibly Garcia are still in the mix. If they can sign one or even two of those guy, especially if its Petigout or Garcia, I think you have to call the 2007 free agency campaign a success already, with second tier free agents still to come.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 03, 2007, 01:47:07 AM

You dont customize a roster in free agency you accessorize it.

And that is just what Tampa is doing/trying to do.

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : March 03, 2007, 02:02:01 AM

Gruden and Allen are building the team the right way, thru the draft. When you have 4 of the top 68 picks you really don't have to go wild in Free Agency. 2 or 3 of those guys are going to start right, maybe even all 4.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Approach By Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools