Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers gain off the Cowboys spanking??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

: January 17, 2010, 07:14:34 PM

If Wade Phillips were to get fired after a 31 point but whoopin, don't think for one second that the egotistic-megalamaniac Jon Gruden wouldn't want to coach the Cowgirls. If that ends up coming to fruition, the Glazers would be off the hook and wouldn't have to pay Shruden's 5 mil a year salary.

X Factor

Starter
#1 : January 17, 2010, 07:21:36 PM

If Wade Phillips were to get fired after a 31 point but whoopin, don't think for one second that the egotistic-megalamaniac Jon Gruden wouldn't want to coach the Cowgirls. If that ends up coming to fruition, the Glazers would be off the hook and wouldn't have to pay Shruden's 5 mil a year salary.

I think it's a big IF... I don't think they fire Wade...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 17, 2010, 07:23:09 PM

Wade was safe, or so folks thought, but getting ripped the way he did will put him and Garrett back on the hotseat. If they'd lost close it'd be one thing but to be non-competitive on offense isn't going to be acceptable.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 17, 2010, 07:27:35 PM

Jones tables talk of Phillips

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 17, 2010 6:11 PM ET
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he won't waste time before addressing coach Wade Phillips' status for next season, but he won't say much about it Sunday. 

"I'm not going to get into the staff tonight," Jones said after the game.  "We had more success than generally we were expected to have.  I'm proud of that."

A pregame report said that Phillips was likely to get a contract extension, but it remains to be seen if the dramatic 31-point loss puts Phillips back on the hot seat. 

The belief before Sunday was that Phillips was safe, and there was a lot of confidence in Dallas about the team's Super Bowl chances. 

Jones' decision to let his emotions subside before saying anything further can't be a bad thing for Phillips.

The two men will meet Monday.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 17, 2010, 07:30:02 PM

My guess is Wade is done, Gru is in. Wade Phillips are next DC(I wish).

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#5 : January 17, 2010, 07:38:11 PM

Sorry, do not see Chucky in Dallas with such an egotistical owner. (Though Chuckie did endure Crazy Al in Oakland).   I think he likes his job at running his pie-hole on MNF with Jaws.  Doubt he will go to Dallas.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 17, 2010, 08:02:17 PM

No, sadly, we have our DC so even if he goes it won't be to here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : January 17, 2010, 08:14:21 PM

I agree....Cowboys were atrocious. The Vikings aren't much of a better team.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 17, 2010, 08:34:23 PM

I think San Diego would be perfect for Jon.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : January 17, 2010, 08:43:04 PM

very good point - Chargers fired Schottenheimer after a 14 win season - why shouldn't Norv face the same fate?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 17, 2010, 08:45:08 PM

very good point - Chargers fired Schottenheimer after a 14 win season - why shouldn't Norv face the same fate?

Both SD and DAL were the "hot teams" entering the post-season while NO and IND rested guys. Guess that didn't matter much did it? Still, I'm sure the folks in SD have to be trying to figure out, just like DAL, if they have a guy who can take the next step with their talented rosters. There's at the Dungy-point we were in in 2001.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 17, 2010, 08:50:39 PM

Maybe Cowher jumps into that Cowgirl job if Big Wade gets the axe.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#12 : January 17, 2010, 09:09:02 PM

Wade runs a 3-4 defense. We have Cover 2 personel. It doesnt fit.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 17, 2010, 09:30:59 PM

Wade runs a 1 gap 3-4, it plays a lot more like our defense than the PIT or NE style 34 or even the Bates style 4-3. Ratliff is their NT and he's a weighty 303 for example not the usual 320+ lbs tub of goo.

Plus, we can't forever live in fear of change. Yes, we have T2 people now but we'll have them a year from now and a year after that...at what point can we make a change? If we won't change because we fit one system we'll always just keep fitting that system.

Wade runs a 3-4 defense. We have Cover 2 personel. It doesnt fit.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 17, 2010, 09:48:32 PM

Maybe Cowher jumps into that Cowgirl job if Big Wade gets the axe.

now THAT i could see.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers gain off the Cowboys spanking??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools