Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers gain off the Cowboys spanking??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 17, 2010, 09:51:52 PM

Wade should be canned.  In the words of Parcells, he is what he is: a great DC.  The Cowboys' loss today falls strictly on coaching.  They certainly had the talent to put up a better fight.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 17, 2010, 09:54:02 PM

Wade should be canned.  In the words of Parcells, he is what he is: a great DC.  The Cowboys' loss today falls strictly on coaching.  They certainly had the talent to put up a better fight.

Well and that has sort of been the Wade motif here. Dallas moved the ball a bit but always seemed to find a negative play or flag to kill a drive. They didn't ever seem to pull the right play out at the right time on either side of the ball.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 17, 2010, 09:55:04 PM

IMO the Vikings are that much better than the over hyped, over paid, over covered and now simply OVER Cowboys.

YEAH!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 17, 2010, 09:56:29 PM

I think if anything, they may gain off of the Chargers dissapointing loss to the Jets.

The Chargers fired Marty after a 14-2 season and early playoff exit.  What's the difference with Norv?

I'd certainly fire Norv if I was the Chargers owner....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 17, 2010, 10:46:00 PM

IMO the Vikings are that much better than the over hyped, over paid, over covered and now simply OVER Cowboys.

YEAH!

LOL. Yeah, the Vikes stink.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 17, 2010, 11:14:28 PM

Very much a Dungy-esque situation in both places. However, with Norv, the team was in position to win except Kaeding gags on 3 field goals. Not much the coach can do about that, or Rivers' interception inside their own 20. Agree that the Cowboys window starting to creep shut a bit. But with lockout looming in 2 years, do owners want to sign new coaches to contracts they would be obligated to pay if no football?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : January 18, 2010, 08:53:03 AM

Brooking and Phillips = major whiners.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Tempers flared Sunday at the Metrodome after Minnesota's final touchdown of a 34-3 playoff victory over Dallas, as Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking sprinted toward the Vikings' sideline, taunting coach Brad Childress and later calling the late score "classless."

Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams, meanwhile, said Brooking was lucky to escape the Minnesota sideline in one piece.

PollCenter
 What did you think of the Vikings' late touchdown Sunday against the Cowboys? Vote

"We don't care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his ass whupped on our sideline over there. It don't matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks].

"It's the playoffs. It ain't no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don't care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."

With the Vikings leading 27-3 late in the fourth quarter, Childress left his starters in the game. The Cowboys gave up the ball on downs at their 37-yard line with 5:26 remaining, and the Vikings threw three passes on their ensuing six-play drive. The final one was an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on fourth-and-3 with 1:55 remaining.

"Just staying aggressive with it, if you will," Childress said after the game. "We put our defense back on the field and we talked to all the coordinators -- offense, defense, special-teams guys-- that we weren't going to put the field goal group on the field.

"As Lou Holtz used to say, 'It's our job to score points. It's their job to stop us from scoring points.' That happens. It wasn't rubbing it in. It's just taking care of business and being aggressive at the end of the game."

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said the Vikings ran up the score, and Brooking agreed.

"I thought it was classless," Brooking said. "I thought it was B.S. Granted, we get paid to stop them, but we had zero timeouts left. I didn't think there was any call for that."

Shiancoe laughed after hearing Brooking's comments. "OK, we apologize. I'm sorry. Better?"

Garv

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 18, 2010, 09:48:37 AM

Brooking and Phillips = major whiners.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Tempers flared Sunday at the Metrodome after Minnesota's final touchdown of a 34-3 playoff victory over Dallas, as Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking sprinted toward the Vikings' sideline, taunting coach Brad Childress and later calling the late score "classless."

Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams, meanwhile, said Brooking was lucky to escape the Minnesota sideline in one piece.

PollCenter
 What did you think of the Vikings' late touchdown Sunday against the Cowboys? Vote

"We don't care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his butt whupped on our sideline over there. It don't matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks].

"It's the playoffs. It ain't no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don't care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."

With the Vikings leading 27-3 late in the fourth quarter, Childress left his starters in the game. The Cowboys gave up the ball on downs at their 37-yard line with 5:26 remaining, and the Vikings threw three passes on their ensuing six-play drive. The final one was an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on fourth-and-3 with 1:55 remaining.

"Just staying aggressive with it, if you will," Childress said after the game. "We put our defense back on the field and we talked to all the coordinators -- offense, defense, special-teams guys-- that we weren't going to put the field goal group on the field.

"As Lou Holtz used to say, 'It's our job to score points. It's their job to stop us from scoring points.' That happens. It wasn't rubbing it in. It's just taking care of business and being aggressive at the end of the game."

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said the Vikings ran up the score, and Brooking agreed.

"I thought it was classless," Brooking said. "I thought it was B.S. Granted, we get paid to stop them, but we had zero timeouts left. I didn't think there was any call for that."

Shiancoe laughed after hearing Brooking's comments. "OK, we apologize. I'm sorry. Better?"

LOL How embarrasing for the Cowboys to use their failure, their utter defeat as an excuse to get personal.
And what a classic response from the Viking players.
I hope they play the game over and over and over and over and over on that jumbo-jumbo tron thing. Some glitch where it NEVER stops! LOL
Bunch of crybabies who thought they were much better than they were.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 18, 2010, 09:50:01 AM

The "fired" watch for Phillips begins.  If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be calling for a new coach - perhaps Gruden.

BucFanOcala

Starter

#24 : January 18, 2010, 09:50:40 AM

Someone call the whambulance.....lol

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 18, 2010, 10:18:52 AM

The final TD was classless but then again what do you expect from Favre. James shouldn't pulled up on that shot he had at Pill-Boy but I guess he has some class.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 18, 2010, 11:26:06 AM

Anytime Jerry Jones gets it rubbed in his face is a great day for me. I'm sure they Cowboys have run up the score a time or two -- just look at the Eagles games. Don't like it, then don't let them get such a big lead in the first place.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 18, 2010, 11:28:34 AM

I was thinking about all those idiot Cowboy fans at our season opener against Dallas who enjoyed rubbing in our loss- I hope they're celebrating today after being embarassed on national TV.  In fact, I bet there are more depressed Cowboy fans than Buc fans today.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 18, 2010, 11:58:25 AM

Jerry Jones isn't going to hire someone like Bill Cowher for the same reason he ultimately parted company with Parcells - he can't be the GM with those guys around.

I think Jerry Jones would rather run the show and come up short than hand it over to someone to run it for him and win.  He only turned to Parcells when "his way" was failing miserably. Once Parcells stabilized things, he went back to his way, and I'm sure Wade Phillips' winning percentage as Cowboys' coach, which is better than Parcells', is all the vindication Jerry Jones needs.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 18, 2010, 12:00:09 PM

Wade is Jones' wet dream.  A coach who can keep his team competitive enough to keep butts in the seats, work on the cheap and be perfectly ok with Jerry's old butt hand picking his rookies/FA's.  Wade and Jerry are a match made in heaven.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Glazers gain off the Cowboys spanking??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools