Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHAT? ROOKIE SANCHEZ AGAIN LEADING THE JETS TO VICTORY? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 17, 2010, 08:34:02 PM

Shaun King did more in the 99' playoffs than Sanchez has all this year. That's saying alot too.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 17, 2010, 08:40:40 PM

The Jets would not have won that game today without Sanchez.   He played well.   Much better than Freeman did against the Falcons.

Out of 32 starting QB's who ended the season I'd venture to say that 31 of the 32 could have duplicated that effort (Nall in STL being my exception). He did what he was asked to do but what he was asked to do was really not all that challenging.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 17, 2010, 08:46:20 PM

I don't know why but there's something about Sanchez that just pisses me off to no end.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Riddick

Second String

#33 : January 17, 2010, 08:47:11 PM

Just an honest question Java. I understand you don't like the Glazer's firing of Gruden and the hiring of Morris. What I don't understand is your apparent wish that these decisions fail just because you don't agree with them. If the Bucs rehired Richard Williamson to coach the team I would be furious but I would also WANT MY TEAM TO WIN regardless of the coach. IMO, Morris has earned another year because the team never quit on him and improved near the end.

Just so you know, I was a Gruden supporter so this is not coming from a hater.

Aspen6

Rookie
#34 : January 17, 2010, 08:52:28 PM

Sanchez is about the 30th most responsible player on the roster for NYJ's success.

The Jets would not have won that game today without Sanchez.   He played well.   Much better than Freeman did against the Falcons.

Bottom line is, both Freeman and Sanchez are rookie quarterbacks who have both had their share of good and terrible games this year but if JF had completed 52% of his passes for 100 yards would you be on here praising him or saying the Bucs won in spite of him?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 17, 2010, 08:57:15 PM

Shaun King did more in the 99' playoffs than Sanchez has all this year. That's saying alot too.

And yet in the big game, he threw the killer INT that led to the Proehl TD.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 17, 2010, 09:12:09 PM

The Jets would not have won that game today without Sanchez. He played well. Much better than Freeman did against the Falcons.

Out of 32 starting QB's who ended the season I'd venture to say that 31 of the 32 could have duplicated that effort (Nall in STL being my exception). He did what he was asked to do but what he was asked to do was really not all that challenging.

How many rookie QBs, who came out early, could have duplicated the effort, which included not making the killer mistake? That's the question. How many of us feel Freeman would have thrown only one INT like Sanchez did? At this point in his career, I wouldn't make that bet. Sanchez has settled down a lot since his multiple INT games. Part of that is because he's asked to do less and part of it is because he's gaining much needed experience. Freeman will get that next year.

luke99

Starter

#37 : January 17, 2010, 09:14:47 PM

joe you may be right but I dont think so. He needs alot of work and he needs the Coaching that Sanchez has gotten not only in College but in the Pros. Freeman in my opinon is 3 years behind Sanchez right now.

Aspen6

Rookie
#38 : January 17, 2010, 09:23:25 PM

The Jets would not have won that game today without Sanchez. He played well. Much better than Freeman did against the Falcons.

How many rookie QBs, who came out early, could have duplicated the effort, which included not making the killer mistake? That's the question. How many of us feel Freeman would have thrown only one INT like Sanchez did? At this point in his career, I wouldn't make that bet. Sanchez has settled down a lot since his multiple INT games. Part of that is because he's asked to do less and part of it is because he's gaining much needed experience. Freeman will get that next year.

How many rookie QB's have a dominant defense and running game to rely on?  Can the fact that Sanchez setteled down be based on the coaches working with him not to force things with such a great defense and running game.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 17, 2010, 09:28:24 PM

I think all of them from this year. I mean really Sanchez is statistically similar to Stafford and Freeman and he's in a much, much, much, much, much more advantageous position than either Stafford or Freeman. That might even indicate he's the lesser of the 3 at this point.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 17, 2010, 09:28:38 PM

If Freeman is three years behind Sanchez how many years is Luke McCown behind Freeman??  Five?  Six??  Dude just shut the hell up and if you and Java want to keep bashing the team please just go be fans of other teams.  Josh may have had a bad game vs Atlanta but name one good game Luke had other than the New Orleans game and his sorry butt has been in the NFL a lot longer??  Josh has more talent in his curls than Luke has in his whole body!!!  Get over it loser!!!

luke99

Starter

#41 : January 18, 2010, 06:15:22 AM

;D Poor little Sami, you will never get it. Luke McClown is a bad QB.. Never Likes him.. Why you try and tie him in is laughable.

As a matter of fact since you have Freeman is no better then Luke McClown, Chris Simms or Ryan Leaf

All you guys do is try and compare Freeman and Staffors with Sanchez.. There is no comparison

Sanchez is in the Championship game and the others are home licking their wounds.

Some of you are so naive buying what Raheem was trying to sell you on Freeman :D

David4ROTY

Starter

#42 : January 18, 2010, 06:24:06 AM

A QB doesn't play defense and its not hard to hand the ball off with your line blocking the way the Jets have.  Toss any QB into that situation and you have a recipie for success.  It's funny how all you want to do is be negative about the bucs and promote other players from other teams.  This is a fanboard, if you haven't noticed.  None of your posts reflect any validation and is just from some little kid trying to rile people up.  Don't worry luke, I can't wait to see you not post here again once the Bucs foundation is set and were competitive year in and year out.  Your already the laughing stock of the board, so keep it up, and while your at it, make a whole nother thread about the same topic with a different name just like you always do! :)

luke99

Starter

#43 : January 18, 2010, 07:17:37 AM

;D Laughing Stock, then why do you reply? Because the Truth hurts, thats why.

I am a fan, just hate the direction the team is going, hate the fact we got a HC who is not a good teacher.

I also hate the fact that he tried to sell us on a QB that is not ready and wont be ..ever.

It is also laughable hearing some of you try and dismiss what Sanchez has done all year. He is the QB and he has HIS team in the AFC Championship game...Freeman will never have the Bucs in the NFC Championship game...

DailyRich68

Starter
#44 : January 18, 2010, 08:08:10 AM

Sanchez didn't have any plays called by his coaches that killed his team.

Fixed that for you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHAT? ROOKIE SANCHEZ AGAIN LEADING THE JETS TO VICTORY? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools