Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHAT? ROOKIE SANCHEZ AGAIN LEADING THE JETS TO VICTORY? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#90 : January 19, 2010, 02:24:29 PM

Those stats change every year...what cracks me up is everyone will say the Jets players are better than the Bucs players because...fill in excuse here...

Because...they are?

Are you trying to make the claim they aren't? Please give any factual proof.

They put their pants on the same way the Jets players do...one leg at a time
They are paid like professional athletes
They’ve played the same game for many years

What are you going to say the Jet's players and coaches are better? Is that your excuse for the Bucs poor performance this season? You going to accept that and say "they'll play better next year"...you keep telling yourself that and accepting less...I'd rather not.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#91 : January 19, 2010, 02:33:54 PM

Those stats change every year...what cracks me up is everyone will say the Jets players are better than the Bucs players because...fill in excuse here...

Because...they are?

Are you trying to make the claim they aren't? Please give any factual proof.

They put their pants on the same way the Jets players do...one leg at a time
They are paid like professional athletes
They’ve played the same game for many years

So every team in the league is equally talented, then?  That's ludicrous.

Believe it or not, every team still in the playoffs is more talented than the Buccaneers.  I'm not sure why that's breaking news, or even excuse making.

What are you going to say the Jet's players and coaches are better? Is that your excuse for the Bucs poor performance this season? You going to accept that and say "they'll play better next year"...you keep telling yourself that and accepting less...I'd rather not.

Saying the Jets players and coaches are better than the Buccaneers players and coaches is not excusing anything.  I have no idea what you are talking about.

When you have something factual to back up that the Jets player are NOT more talented than the Buc's players, I'll be happy to listen.

luke99

Starter

#92 : January 19, 2010, 03:44:58 PM

Freeman had a chance to manage a game like Sanchez and failed..

OH yeah ilovebeer, Sanchez has won 2 PLAYOFF games on the Road. In the last game against San Diego Philip Rivers made the big mistake.. not Sanchez...

You guys just dont get that in the NFL the QB leads to Offense and the guys in the huddle must believe in him. The Jets do.. All you heard about Freeman was that he did NOT take controll in the Huddle.

You are right though it is tough to talk football with some of you Freeman fans who think that he is a Franchise QB.. He has done NOTHING to show that he can be.

Oh wait, yes he did the last game of the year when you are supposed to show improvment he went BACKWARDS

NEXT

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#93 : January 19, 2010, 05:01:03 PM

Freeman never had the opportunity to manage a game.

When a QB "manages" a game, he is doing so behind an offense led by the ground game (TB = 23rd) and supported by the defense (TB = 27th).

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 19, 2010, 05:33:29 PM

"For almost three years now, we've been beating the drum that quarterbacks get way too much credit for wins and losses, especially come playoff time.

Joe Flacco turned in the greatest case study in history today.

The sophomore QB lead his Ravens into Foxboro and scored a stunning upset over the Tom Brady led Pats. Young Flacco raised his playoff record to 3-1 with the win, showing that he's clearly ready to make the leap to the next level of elite QBs in the NFL.

If you believe that QBs are responsible for wins and that playoff wins are an especially good way to judge quarterbacks, then you can take that last paragraph, toss in Flacco's 4/10 for 34 yards a pick and Painteresque rating of 10.0, and smoke it.

Flacco now has posted three postseason wins in the last two years. Here are his numbers just for the games he won:

24/65 (36.9%), for 330 yards (5.1 YPA), 1 TD, 1 pick , rating of 52.7

Seriously. Three wins. Those numbers.

There's no need to throw in his loss numbers (13/30, 141, 3 INT, 18.2 rating), he looks bad enough in games his team prevails in.

This week you may see or read stories about Flacco. Ignore them. He has been an abject disaster in the playoffs. There is nothing redeeming about his play.

The next time someone starts quoting so and so's playoff record...tell them to Flacco off."

luke99

Starter

#95 : January 19, 2010, 06:59:14 PM

Flacco has lead the Ravens to the playoffs for the last 2 years. That is goal one for every NFL team to make the playoffs..

Lets see what the Franchise guy can do next year for us

Cleanupman

Starter

#96 : January 19, 2010, 07:05:14 PM

Man don't jump on sanchez's jock the difference for him is he has a better coach and a better team.  His teams defense is nasty and they pound the rock on offense to protect him.  His stats are not great his coach just knows how to protect his rookie.  He never have to win a game on his own he just has to manage the game thats it.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#97 : January 19, 2010, 10:13:42 PM

Mark Sanchez is a winner. I said that on draft day and I'll say that now. Argue that if you want, but it makes no difference. He comes from my neck of the woods and I've followed him since high school.

He has done what he's been asked to do, nothing less or more. So for those of you sell him short, so what? He is a rookie and he' making it big in NYC.

Stud O-line, a 99 Bucs like defense and the best running game in the league you better win.

The Jets were not a top 5 defense last year.  Rex Ryan changed that.   Too bad the Bucs didn't get Ryan.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#98 : January 19, 2010, 10:48:30 PM

Sanchez leading the Jets...I dont think so. It reminds me of the Dilfer situation in Baltimore.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#99 : January 19, 2010, 10:53:14 PM

What the hell is your point anyway luke99???  You talk about Freeman having a bad game vs Atlanta but hmmm last I recall the freaking Falcons also beat the Jets with your boy Sanchez as QB!!!  What does that mean??  You are a freaking idiot if you want to sit here and compare Sanchez with Freeman.  Lets see:  Jets better OL by far, better WR's, better RB's, better defense (Revis is hands down better than anybody on defense for the Bucs).  So Josh did no lead us to the playoffs or beat Atlanta if you recall he also did not get much practice in training camp and during the first half of the season.  Sanchez is OK but don't sit here and bash Josh because you have a crush on everybody but the Bucs.  You say you are a Bucs fan well who do you like??  Sanchez is doing very little to lead the Jets - the only thing he really does is take the snap and hand off to Jones and Greene and yeah he makes a decent pass every now and then but if you think he is leading the Jets you clearly don't watch the games!!  

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#100 : January 20, 2010, 02:06:28 AM

toss in Flacco's 4/10 for 34 yards a pick and Painteresque rating of 10.0, and smoke it.

Flacco now has posted three postseason wins in the last two years. Here are his numbers just for the games he won:

24/65 (36.9%), for 330 yards (5.1 YPA), 1 TD, 1 pick , rating of 52.7

Seriously. Three wins. Those numbers.

There's no need to throw in his loss numbers (13/30, 141, 3 INT, 18.2 rating), he looks bad enough in games his team prevails in.

This week you may see or read stories about Flacco. Ignore them. He has been an abject disaster in the playoffs. There is nothing redeeming about his play.

The next time someone starts quoting so and so's playoff record...tell them to Flacco off."

Enlightening stats. Thanks for sharing.

Here's the source for that info.

http://18to88.com/2010-archives/january/thanks-joe-for-proving-my-point.html

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#101 : January 20, 2010, 05:14:28 AM

Sanchez leading the Jets...I dont think so. It reminds me of the Dilfer situation in Baltimore.

Jets fans hope you are right.

luke99

Starter

#102 : January 20, 2010, 06:50:10 AM

;D I laugh at the Dillfer comparison.. Dillfer vwon 14 games in a row!  If Freeman had qb the bucs to the playoffs all the slurpers would be telling us this guy is the real deal, he has done his job,,,, Yadda Yadda Yadda..

Well guess what Sanchez has done it on the field.. He went into San Diego and did the job. followed the game plan and WON!

That is the only Stat that Matters  WINS

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#103 : January 20, 2010, 04:51:10 PM

A stud OL, a 99 Buc D and strong running game and you may as well win. But who here noticed those things before the playoffs? Sanchez didn't create those things himself, buy he understood how to keep them going with a passing game.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHAT? ROOKIE SANCHEZ AGAIN LEADING THE JETS TO VICTORY? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools