Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roster Moves made today « previous next »
Page: 1

Swolf

Practice Squad

: October 18, 2006, 02:01:21 PM

from kffl

Buccaneers | Bryant could be added
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:24:44 -0700

Rick Stroud and Stephen F. Holder, of the St. Petersburg Times, report the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expected to sign DL Anthony Bryant from their practice squad to the active roster.

Buccaneers | Wyms assumes starting role
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:15:33 -0700

Rick Stroud and Stephen F. Holder, of the St. Petersburg Times, report Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen said DL Ellis Wyms will assume the starting defensive tackle position vacated by former DT Anthony McFarland, who was traded to the Indianapolis Colts, heading into Week 7.

Buccaneers | Heinrich added
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:10:42 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have re-signed TE Keith Heinrich to their practice squad.

Buccaneers | Randall cut
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:01:14 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released QB Bryan Randall from their practice squad.

Buccaneers | Byrum cut
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:55:46 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released CB Dion Byrum from their practice squad.

Buccaneers | Lucas added
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:50:49 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed WR Chad Lucas (Packers) to their practice squad.

Buccaneers | Strait cut
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:40:04 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released S Derrick Strait.

Buccaneers | Bradley re-signed
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:32:34 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have re-signed DT Jon Bradley. Terms of the deal were undisclosed.

Just thought I would pass this on

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 18, 2006, 02:04:34 PM

Bradley is back... I like that

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 18, 2006, 02:25:13 PM

Personally, I'm hoping to see Bryant added to the 53 man again. Maybe Kiffin lit the needed fire under him to get him going in the right direction.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 18, 2006, 03:43:41 PM

The re-signing of Bradley doesn't say much for Bryant.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 18, 2006, 03:47:24 PM

Actually the Bryant/Bradely tandem did well last year in two games while Booger was out.   Bryant can not be an everydown player but in rotation with Bradely he will do just fine.

Do the Bucs need Bryant?  It depends on how they feel about Jenkins to be honest.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 18, 2006, 03:48:46 PM

Bryant has so much potential, IMO. I know that potential doesn't = production, but I'd really like to see them make something out of this kid.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 18, 2006, 03:59:36 PM

Do the Bucs need Bryant? It depends on how they feel about Jenkins to be honest.

That is what I was thinking.  I'd really like to see our draft pick in action.  Maybe they are looking for someone with more size?  Or maybe Jenkins is not as far along as they had hoped?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 18, 2006, 04:04:05 PM

That is what I was thinking.  I'd really like to see our draft pick in action.  Maybe they are looking for someone with more size?  Or maybe Jenkins is not as far along as they had hoped?

Jenkins is a project.  With an off season of weight training adding 10-15 lbs Jenkins will turn out to be a good rotational player.  Wyms added 10-15 lbs and has shown improvement every since he did that. 

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 18, 2006, 04:32:24 PM

Regarding Bryant, it appears that they think he has the talent but the light bulb just hasn't gone on yet and they keep hoping that it will.  Not getting activated to the roster from the PS may be what prods him to start putting forth the effort needed to be an NFL player.

As far as Jenkins, he looks a lot like Wymms did when he was a rookie and they appear to be bringing him a long much the same way they did Wymms. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#9 : October 18, 2006, 04:35:04 PM

Regarding Bryant, it appears that they think he has the talent but the light bulb just hasn't gone on yet and they keep hoping that it will.  Not getting activated to the roster from the PS may be what prods him to start putting forth the effort needed to be an NFL player.

As far as Jenkins, he looks a lot like Wymms did when he was a rookie and they appear to be bringing him a long much the same way they did Wymms. 

Right.  It's not outrageous to give Bryant another year.  If we relaly like him, we should be prepared to put some time in on a guy like him.  Late round pick with a high upside.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 18, 2006, 06:50:18 PM

I like seeing Bradley and Bryant back in the Active Roster. Our playoff chances are so minuscule that this year could be really valuable in evaluating some of these fringe players.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 18, 2006, 08:37:10 PM

Bryant is probably the strongest Buc.  But maybe he lacks that burst required to get an advantage, by putting a guard or center on his heels, to take advantage of all that power he has got.

He didn't look all that great in preseason.  But he didn't look like he was getting winded either.  So one problem down, 1 more to go.

I just think he needs to get nastier.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 18, 2006, 08:43:25 PM

What we need now is a bunch of futile and useless moves and we're just the team to do it!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 18, 2006, 09:05:45 PM

What we need now is a bunch of futile and useless moves and we're just the team to do it!

You wanted the Bucs to keep Booger?   ??? :o ???
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roster Moves made today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools