Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR.COM HAS RECORD TRAFFIC DAY! « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: March 03, 2007, 10:18:58 AM

On behalf of all of us at PewterReport.com, I would like to thank you for visiting our site on the first day of NFL free agency and helping us make Web traffic history.

After a busy day on Thursday, March 1, in which he finished with 132,000 page views, we set a new traffic record on Friday, March 2 with 227,564 page views. We also more than doubled our hit count from March 1 (641,876) to March 2 (1.169 million), as well. For the first two days of March, PewterReport.com had over 350,000 page views and 1.8 million hits. We actually expect to exceed these numbers this weekend and/or on draft weekend.

To put that number in perspective, that is over 1/3 of the traffic generated by our good friends at ProFootballTalk.com, which surpassed 1 million page views from March 1-2. Because they draw in fans from ALL 32 teams, ProFootballTalk.com is naturally going to be higher, but to essentially generate as much as 1/3 of the traffic of that high-power pro football site is something we are very proud of.

To steal a page out of PFT.com's book, if you would like to advertise your business on PewterReport.com to take advantage of our high traffic (that is only going to increase this offseason as the draft approaches, followed by heavy interest in July and August for training camp) you can call us at 1-888-881-BUCS(2827) or e-mail us at ads@pewterreport.com

Thank you for helping us make history yesterday, Bucs fans and PR loyalists. We are ramping up our bandwidth to handle our increased traffic in free agency and the draft periods. If you ever have any problems logging onto the PR.com message boards or the front page, just keep hitting refresh and reload the page.

#1 : March 03, 2007, 10:20:42 AM

And the servers coped a lot better than a year ago SR.......well done.  ;D

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 03, 2007, 10:25:14 AM

I felt like we were riding in the Millenium Falcon yesterday with Han Solo and Chewbacca trying to "hold this bucket of bolts together." The site held up well despite the huge spike in traffic. We never shut down. We had some 503 Service Unavailable signs that would show up from time to time, but justing hitting refresh would allow you into the site. I felt bad for our friends at KFFL.com as their site actually crashed for a little while, but I see that it's back up now. We are working to increase our bandwidth, but yes, the site stability has been greatly improved thanks to Hugh MacArthur's investment in the site.

#3 : March 03, 2007, 10:33:46 AM

Kudos to you all and I myself have been camped out here on & off for the past 3 days!!  ;D

vipmark

Starter
#4 : March 03, 2007, 10:58:55 AM

Great job PR....To all you non-PI's, how about putting your $2.33 per month where your mouth is, let's keep PR strong and growing.

#5 : March 03, 2007, 11:11:22 AM

Great job PR....To all you non-PI's, how about putting your $2.33 per month where your mouth is, let's keep PR strong and growing.

here, here!!!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 03, 2007, 11:13:28 AM

What?!?! Get back to work Scott!! WE NEED MORE INFO!!!!!!!

(kidding of course)....kinda

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : March 03, 2007, 11:32:55 AM

Great job with your coverage Pewter Report!

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 03, 2007, 06:10:36 PM

I have a funny feeling that Saturday's traffic may top Friday's...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR.COM HAS RECORD TRAFFIC DAY! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools