Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have got to be kidding me... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

psymun

Starter
: March 03, 2007, 10:20:09 AM

According to one of my sources... Denver and Houston have contacted the Buccaneers about a 3 way trade, but the Buccaneers want to entertain Jeff Garcia before they attempt anything like that...

According to the source, The Buccaneers get Carr, send their 4th to the Broncos, and the Broncos send Plummer to Houston.

Plummer's agent has already been talking to Houston.

That just pissed me off... Unless the Buccaneers are trying to make their interest in Carr to seem less desperate, but still... They're calling US!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 03, 2007, 10:23:12 AM

id do it. but maybe they dont like carr

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : March 03, 2007, 10:24:19 AM

I would do it right away.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : March 03, 2007, 10:25:42 AM

Actually think about it this way though. If we get Garcia, we don't have to give up that 4th round pick. I know that Carr probably has a ton more potential because if he lives up to it he could be our franchise guy but still. Garcia doesn't have enough time left to even do that so just speaking in terms of age Carr has huge upside.

I would make the trade but that's just me.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 03, 2007, 10:27:21 AM

I wouldn't give up more than a 5th. That 4th round pick could be Samson Satele or Leeroy Harris, i.e. out starting center of the future. But I would prefer Carr to Plummer because you can argue maybe the light hasn't come on for Carr yet but with Plummer you know it's never going to come on.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : March 03, 2007, 10:33:10 AM

You know what I would do. Just thinking about this, I would make the trade EVEN IF WE SIGN GARCIA. Why? I don't care if we have a ton of money tied up at QB...that is the right spot to have a ton of money tied up at. 3 potential starters on the depth chart isn't bad at all.

And there have been some reports that we may bring in as many as 2 vets this season. Not a bad idea.

psymun

Starter
#6 : March 03, 2007, 10:35:09 AM

To me... Carr and Plummer are the same QB... The only thing is that Carr is younger, and more accurate. They both make bonehead mistakes, but when Carr is on he's ON!

STRICK9

Second String

#7 : March 03, 2007, 10:35:39 AM

I'd still do it.....then ship Carr and our 31 to oakland for the 31 spot.....

We grab CJ, Oakland still lands a QB to groom behind Carr......

By the way, I like Carr over Garcia!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : March 03, 2007, 10:36:41 AM

I could seriously see this trade picking up steam AFTER we haul in Garcia. We need serious improvement at this position and I think we could pull it off.

By the way, how reliable are your sources and what do they think we'll do after we land Garcia?

#9 : March 03, 2007, 10:38:02 AM

A 4th pick for Carr is too much, he is damaged goods.  Our 4th round pick is practically a 3rd rounder, maybe our 5th and its worth it.

psymun

Starter
#10 : March 03, 2007, 10:39:59 AM

You know what I would do. Just thinking about this, I would make the trade EVEN IF WE SIGN GARCIA. Why? I don't care if we have a ton of money tied up at QB...that is the right spot to have a ton of money tied up at. 3 potential starters on the depth chart isn't bad at all.

And there have been some reports that we may bring in as many as 2 vets this season. Not a bad idea.

Now THAT'S something I could live with... It's about time we FIND our QB and letting 3½ starting QBs (Grads is the ½) fight over 3 spots would ROCK.

BUT Garcia won't sign if we're not committed to him so... we'll see...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 03, 2007, 10:40:16 AM

How is Carr damaged goods?   I don't think he's injured.   I think he's worth a 4th before Plummer is.

bryan12112

Starter

#12 : March 03, 2007, 10:40:31 AM

I remember reading on PR that the Bucs weren't ruling out the possibility of getting two new QBs, and it was said that Plummer and Carr were the front runners. It will be interesting to see if the Bucs still entertain the idea of that trade even after signing Garcia (assuming we do).

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 03, 2007, 10:40:56 AM

A 4th pick for Carr is too much, he is damaged goods.  Our 4th round pick is practically a 3rd rounder, maybe our 5th and its worth it.

plummer was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damaged goods than carr

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 03, 2007, 10:41:26 AM

Maybe I am a grinch but I concur.  A high fourth is too high of a price to pay seeing good football playes from day one are there for the picking day 2.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have got to be kidding me... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools