Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have got to be kidding me... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 03, 2007, 10:41:58 AM

Here's the thing...we don't know how Carr will react to a WCO.  We already know that Garcia's a proven QB in that system.  Gruden needs to win now, and that's what he's going for.  Before we lynch the GM and head coach, let's see how this works out for us.

#16 : March 03, 2007, 10:43:50 AM

A 4th pick for Carr is too much, he is damaged goods.  Our 4th round pick is practically a 3rd rounder, maybe our 5th and its worth it.

plummer was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damaged goods than carr

And you point is  ??? I didn't mention Plummer, and I haven't made a single post about him in the last 24 hours.

redundant post.   ;)

bryan12112

Starter

#17 : March 03, 2007, 10:44:43 AM

The Bucs could still trade somebody like Rice and get a third in return, making the 4th expendable. But I guess the Rice situation depends heavily on what happens with White. And now I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll just sit back and see what happens.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 03, 2007, 10:45:05 AM

A 4th pick for Carr is too much, he is damaged goods.  Our 4th round pick is practically a 3rd rounder, maybe our 5th and its worth it.

plummer was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damaged goods than carr

And you point is ??? I didn't mention Plummer, and I haven't made a single post about him in the last 24 hours.

redundant post. ;)

point is if the bucs are willing to part with a 4th for plummer why the hell wouldnt they for a younger stronger qb with less wear???

thought that point was pretty obvious..

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 03, 2007, 10:45:13 AM

Here's the thing...we don't know how Carr will react to a WCO. We already know that Garcia's a proven QB in that system. Gruden needs to win now, and that's what he's going for. Before we lynch the GM and head coach, let's see how this works out for us.

This "win now" bs is pissing me off.   I don't want to have a decent team every year with average players, I want to win the superbowl after developing a hell of a great team.   I don't care if we lose for a couple more years.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 03, 2007, 10:46:24 AM

No,we should not trade Simeon Rice for a third rounder. We have 1 good pass rusher now in Rice, White could be gone this year so, no! to a Rice trade

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 03, 2007, 10:51:56 AM

so far Gruden has shown no interest in Carr.  he's not a good fit.

bryan12112

Starter

#22 : March 03, 2007, 10:54:07 AM

No,we should not trade Simeon Rice for a third rounder. We have 1 good pass rusher now in Rice, White could be gone this year so, no! to a Rice trade

Like I said, it depends on what happens with White. But yeah, I'm not really a big fan of trading Rice either. I just mentioned it because that idea has been thrown around a lot recently. I still think Rice can be a good player here.

#23 : March 03, 2007, 10:56:20 AM

point is if the bucs are willing to part with a 4th for plummer why the hell wouldnt they for a younger stronger qb with less wear???

thought that point was pretty obvious..

I don't think either of them are worth an early 4th round pick.  They are both being dumped by their current teams, so they are both huge risks.  If your going to gamble do it with a 5th or 6th round pick IMO

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 03, 2007, 10:57:46 AM

I agree MJS.

Harrington and Ramsey are out in the market no? I do not see the urgency to acquire Plummer or Carr like some do.

#25 : March 03, 2007, 11:01:14 AM

I agree MJS.

Harrington and Ramsey are out in the market no? I do not see the urgency to acquire Plummer or Carr like some do.

Rattay is a decent back-up with two years in the system, he should be the first guy they sign IMO.  IF Simms makes progress and the O-line and running game improves we need a back-up, not a starting QB.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 03, 2007, 11:04:36 AM

Yeah Rattay should not be counted out either and he seems to be a good option.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 03, 2007, 11:06:46 AM

I agree MJS.

Rattay is a decent back-up with two years in the system, he should be the first guy they sign IMO. IF Simms makes progress and the O-line and running game improves we need a back-up, not a starting QB.

I don't think Simms is the guy but for argument sake let's say he is, he still hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy.  Do you want to be screwed again if he goes down early in the year.  Teams need two starting caliber QBs.  And it's not like we have $10 million a year invested in our starter and can't afford a decent #2.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 03, 2007, 11:09:01 AM

i hoep it works out, i just dont want to see Garica here

bucsNcats

Practice Squad

#29 : March 03, 2007, 11:16:00 AM

our forth is the 3rd pick of the 2nd day...there are always a few people who fall through the cracks and you have all night to take a 2nd look at them, the first few picks in the 4th can be very good
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have got to be kidding me... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools