Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have got to be kidding me... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : March 03, 2007, 11:16:50 AM

I would actually instead of giving up our 4th pick we get theirs as well

#31 : March 03, 2007, 11:20:25 AM

I agree MJS.

Harrington and Ramsey are out in the market no? I do not see the urgency to acquire Plummer or Carr like some do.

Rattay is a decent back-up with two years in the system, he should be the first guy they sign IMO.  IF Simms makes progress and the O-line and running game improves we need a back-up, not a starting QB.

Agree mjs, why lose what you have invested w/ Rattay ? Harrington might be a last resort type of thing though.

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 03, 2007, 11:23:48 AM

You know what I would do. Just thinking about this, I would make the trade EVEN IF WE SIGN GARCIA. Why? I don't care if we have a ton of money tied up at QB...that is the right spot to have a ton of money tied up at. 3 potential starters on the depth chart isn't bad at all.

And there have been some reports that we may bring in as many as 2 vets this season. Not a bad idea.

I agree.  We know Simms isn't the answer (Barring a miraculous turnaround).  Grads may be but most likely isn't.  Garcia/Carr/otherQB sounds good.

Here's the thing...we don't know how Carr will react to a WCO. We already know that Garcia's a proven QB in that system. Gruden needs to win now, and that's what he's going for. Before we lynch the GM and head coach, let's see how this works out for us.

This "win now" bs is pissing me off.   I don't want to have a decent team every year with average players, I want to win the superbowl after developing a hell of a great team.   I don't care if we lose for a couple more years.

You're in the minority.  The problem with "losing a couple more years" is that would most likely force a coaching change, which would add even more time, so a couple of years could easily turn to 4,5, or more.  And there's no guarantee that whoever replaces Jon would come in and win  -- coaches Bust just like players.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 03, 2007, 11:24:49 AM

Harrington and Ramsey?

We seem to have an account hacker taking over our better poster's accounts...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 03, 2007, 11:29:57 AM

Harrington and Ramsey are other options if Garcia/Carr does not work out. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 03, 2007, 11:34:23 AM

According to one of my sources... Denver and Houston have contacted the Buccaneers about a 3 way trade, but the Buccaneers want to entertain Jeff Garcia before they attempt anything like that...

According to the source, The Buccaneers get Carr, send their 4th to the Broncos, and the Broncos send Plummer to Houston.

Plummer's agent has already been talking to Houston.

That just pissed me off... Unless the Buccaneers are trying to make their interest in Carr to seem less desperate, but still... They're calling US!

I would do it in a second. Yeah Carr, blah blah blah, the dude is 26 years old. If Gruden wants to pull his mad scientist stuff on QB's then pull in on a young guy that you can keep as opposed to a dinosaur that will be beat into the ground in a year.

Baghead #2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 03, 2007, 11:40:07 AM

Not that I think this trade has any credibility but if something like this were to happen the Bronco's asking price of a 4th rounder has been devalued by Plummer's actions.  They should be happy to get a 5th or 6th for him now.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 03, 2007, 12:28:52 PM

According to one of my sources... Denver and Houston have contacted the Buccaneers about a 3 way trade, but the Buccaneers want to entertain Jeff Garcia before they attempt anything like that...

According to the source, The Buccaneers get Carr, send their 4th to the Broncos, and the Broncos send Plummer to Houston.

Plummer's agent has already been talking to Houston.

That just pissed me off... Unless the Buccaneers are trying to make their interest in Carr to seem less desperate, but still... They're calling US!

David Carr is easily worth a 4th round pick.  Garcia, Carr, Simms, Grads and McCown battling it out in TC...nice.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 03, 2007, 03:36:10 PM

If there was a 3-way trade available, I'm not sure why we didn't take it...  yet we still went through with the trade for Plummer.  It seems to me there are only 2 reasons to trade for Plummer:
1.  He plays for the Bucs
2.  We plan to trade him for something else (which we believe to have better than 4th round value).
He obviously doesn't want to play for the Bucs, so that rules out #1, and #2 seems like a longshot.  I'm not sure why we wasted time negotiating this deal with Denver instead of addressing real needs.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You have got to be kidding me... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools