Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Written by a liberal writer-Why FOX Deserves to be #1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: January 21, 2010, 03:16:47 PM

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/01/21/the-fox-juggernaut-why-its-no-1/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsdaily.com%2F2010%2F01%2F21%2Fthe-fox-juggernaut-why-its-no-1%2F

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 21, 2010, 04:25:25 PM

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/01/21/the-fox-juggernaut-why-its-no-1/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsdaily.com%2F2010%2F01%2F21%2Fthe-fox-juggernaut-why-its-no-1%2F

First off, she she didn't write, "Why Fox Deserves to be Number 1."

Why are they number one? They did a better job of picking actors/personalities - O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Palin - than MSNBC did with KO, Matthews and the lot. Both MSNBC and Fox gear/slant their news towards a specific segment of the population. Fox just does it better.

If you're smart, you'd avoid both networks instead of trying to pimp over the other. Unless, of course, you like your information slanted.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 21, 2010, 04:31:20 PM

Their number one because they are generally saying what most of the country believes, not because of who is saying it.  They've been number one for a long time now, and I think the writer hit the nail on the proverbial head:

It's simple. Beck, O'Reilly and Hannity -- as disagreeable as they might be to someone with my political leanings -- seem in varying degrees more in touch with centrist-to-conservative America, which is, like it or not, the heart of the country. They speak the language -- simple, straightforward.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 21, 2010, 04:33:09 PM

Their personalities are stronger and those personalities know what to say to get ratings. They play to the audience and say what the audience wants to hear. Big difference.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 21, 2010, 04:37:56 PM

Their personalities are stronger and those personalities know what to say to get ratings. They play to the audience and say what the audience wants to hear. Big difference.

You are overdoing the "personalities" bit.  Fox crushes all other networks even when those "personalities" aren't on TV.  It's what's being said, not who is saying it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 21, 2010, 04:42:35 PM

Sensationalism is why MSNBC and FOX are more popular?  I am shocked.

Does this mean that CNN has to go down that road?

2goodbucs

Starter
#6 : January 21, 2010, 04:45:51 PM

I agree with UFOJoe on this one. All mainstream media has their agenda and that is the reason why I don't watch any of them. As for Fox, Glenn Beck is an as$ for making Ron Paul look bad during the Presidential Campaign and after Obama got elected, he has Ron Paul on his show often and agrees with him on most issues. What a shill and Beck's been paid 40 million dollars for misleading his viewers. That is just for one Fox "Entertainer". I just hate the fact Glenn Beck hijacked the Independent Libertarian movement of the Tea Parties and labeling his 9/12 get together a REPUBLICAN MOVEMENT and I hate that Nancy Pelosi labeled the Tea Party Movement as a racist movement. Both Left and Right are equally guilty in their corruption.

I'm not surprised of this because the owner of Fox, Rupert Murdoch, is a member of the Bilderberg Group and that group is known to run the policies of the world. Everything you get on Mainstream Media is mostly propaganda so if you like getting lied to while becoming emotionally involved because of those lies then stick to the mainstream media.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 21, 2010, 04:49:33 PM

As for Fox, Glenn Beck is an as$ for making Ron Paul look bad during the Presidential Campaign and after Obama got elected, he has Ron Paul on his show often and agrees with him on most issues.

You're so off base with this.  Ron Paul was treated the same on Beck's show before and after the election.  I know the hacked-up/edited YouTube clips you have don't support that, but it's the truth.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 21, 2010, 04:57:23 PM

There's also something to be said for the fact that the majority of the media has a liberal bias, splitting their potential viewers among them. Fox has less competition for their target viewers making it easier to gain a larger market share.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 21, 2010, 05:02:42 PM

There's also something to be said for the fact that the majority of the media has a liberal bias, splitting their potential viewers among them. Fox has less competition for their target viewers making it easier to gain a larger market share.

That's a fair point.  MSNBC competes with CNN, HLN, and CNBC for liberal viewers while Fox News has the conservatives to themselves.

2goodbucs

Starter
#10 : January 21, 2010, 05:13:37 PM

As for Fox, Glenn Beck is an as$ for making Ron Paul look bad during the Presidential Campaign and after Obama got elected, he has Ron Paul on his show often and agrees with him on most issues.

You're so off base with this.  Ron Paul was treated the same on Beck's show before and after the election.  I know the hacked-up/edited YouTube clips you have don't support that, but it's the truth.

Not off base at all. I like the fact that Glenn Beck is doing what he is doing but he is on a leash, if he did what Lou Dobbs did then he would get fired, it is what I call "baiting the viewer" so that he can guide you toward the Rupert Murdoch's Bilderberg Agenda. Every news media does it other than Fox, sprinkle in the truth to win your trust and take you to the slaughter house. I no longer follow the news, I find it myself.

2goodbucs

Starter
#11 : January 21, 2010, 05:15:49 PM

Fox was a powerhouse before and during the attack on Afghanistan. To me, there was never a powershift in News Media...Fox was king for the past decade.

kbl11

Starter

#12 : January 21, 2010, 05:19:55 PM

First off, she she didn't write, "Why Fox Deserves to be Number 1."

Why are they number one? They did a better job of picking actors/personalities - O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Palin - than MSNBC did with KO, Matthews and the lot. Both MSNBC and Fox gear/slant their news towards a specific segment of the population. Fox just does it better.

If you're smart, you'd avoid both networks instead of trying to pimp over the other. Unless, of course, you like your information slanted.

Lol, yea right. People dont watch MSNBC because all  they do is spit venom at the right. Very mean spirited, disgusting, hate. Fox News isnt just a cheerleader for the right, llike NBC is for the left, and O Reilly has liberals on his show EVERY DAY. Everyone watches Fox News because they tell it straight, plain and simple

kbl11

Starter

#13 : January 21, 2010, 05:23:25 PM

you guys realize Beck hated Bush right? You realize he talked bad about him on his show a lot when he was in office right?

The only reason Fox New's personalities may be perceived as bigger, is because they have a BIGGER following. Olberman and Maddow have big personalities,but nobody watches them so their star power isnt as big

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 21, 2010, 05:25:03 PM

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/11/jon-stewart-catches-fox-using-912-footage-to-make-tea-party-look-bigger.php
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Written by a liberal writer-Why FOX Deserves to be #1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools