Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Written by a liberal writer-Why FOX Deserves to be #1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 21, 2010, 05:34:41 PM

I don't believe that mainstream American can be said to be Liberal or Conservative, Democrat or Republican. They are primarily made up of moderates and independents.

This group is what won the Senate race in Massachusetts based on every analysis I read.

But, obviously, they watch more FOX news than they do the other cable networks combined. Simple math will tell you that. FOX, last numbers I saw, has more than 50% of the cable news shows viewership.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 21, 2010, 05:29:42 PM

As for Fox, Glenn Beck is an as$ for making Ron Paul look bad during the Presidential Campaign and after Obama got elected, he has Ron Paul on his show often and agrees with him on most issues.

You're so off base with this. �Ron Paul was treated the same on Beck's show before and after the election. �I know the hacked-up/edited YouTube clips you have don't support that, but it's the truth.

Not off base at all.

Uh, yeah you are.  Beck has been a fan of Paul's before, during, and after the election.  That doesn't mean that he agreed with everything Paul preached, mainly his foreign policy views IIRC, but Paul was/is treated the same then as he is now.  You've been persuaded by jacked-up YouTube clips of Beck only discussing what he disagreed with Paul about, which I think is fair, but you never saw the favorable things Beck said on Paul.

You can bet you're sweet arse that Beck would have voted for Paul over McCain

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 21, 2010, 05:39:54 PM

But, obviously, they watch more FOX news than they do the other cable networks combined. Simple math will tell you that. FOX, last numbers I saw, has more than 50% of the cable news shows viewership.

That is true.  FNC more than double's all of the other 4 liberal cable news channels numbers combined[/b] all day long, with or without the big "personalities" on the channel.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/21/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-january-20-2010/39723

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 21, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

The amount of hatred coming from each side is astounding seeing as most people aren't educated enough to really come to a strong opinion on most topics.

You guys could learn by example from Canada where there's a ton of bipartisanship and not make such a divide in the lines. Conservatives are in power but gay marriage is legal, immigration is high, there's alot of social programs. Yet there's not much corporate oversight, there's alot of tax breaks for midsized companies, and there's more guns here per capita than the US.

I don't understand why being interested in politics means completely taking the most extremes of each side. I don't get why being a conservative means you automatically have to hate gays, immigration, and think that the government should regulate as little as possible. I don't get why being a liberal means you have to be some godless, pseudo-intellectual who just wants to give tax money away at any little thing.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 22, 2010, 09:36:21 AM

Just saw this this morning on the March Report.

Liberal Talk-Radio Network Air America Kaput
The left-wing radio network that launched the careers of Sen. Al Franken and MSNBC political commentator Rachel Maddow announced today that it will be going under. As in closed. Off-the-air. Silent. Dead. The New York-based Air America kicked off in March 2004, aiming to be the antithesis of Rush Limbaugh's and Sean Hannity's shows. In comparison to the staunch, multimillion followings of those commentators, Air America didn't quite hit the mark or even come close. An insufficient number of people tuned in.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 22, 2010, 09:49:00 AM

Just saw this this morning on the March Report.

Liberal Talk-Radio Network Air America Kaput
The left-wing radio network that launched the careers of Sen. Al Franken and MSNBC political commentator Rachel Maddow announced today that it will be going under. As in closed. Off-the-air. Silent. Dead. The New York-based Air America kicked off in March 2004, aiming to be the antithesis of Rush Limbaugh's and Sean Hannity's shows. In comparison to the staunch, multimillion followings of those commentators, Air America didn't quite hit the mark or even come close. An insufficient number of people tuned in.

Probably because most liberals consider The Daily Show and Colbert Report to be news.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 22, 2010, 11:38:34 AM

I will give an example why Fox is winning the media war.

Just like the other outlets they used to have liberals and conservatives on at the same time to discuss a subject and it degenerated into a shouting match. They learnt and now, I have observed more and more (though not completely), if they have a top subject they will have 2 segments. In the first they will have a couple of Democrats/Liberals, then they will have another with a couple of Republicans/Conservatives in the next. That way you actually get to hear what both sides have to say.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 22, 2010, 12:27:23 PM

Sensationalism is why MSNBC and FOX are more popular? I am shocked.

Does this mean that CNN has to go down that road?

CNN started down that path years ago.  "Real" news can't compete against sensationalist news from a profit perspective.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 22, 2010, 12:38:12 PM

Sensationalism is why MSNBC and FOX are more popular? I am shocked.

Does this mean that CNN has to go down that road?

CNN started down that path years ago.  "Real" news can't compete against sensationalist news from a profit perspective.

Fox News and MSNBC practice yellow journalism.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 22, 2010, 12:42:48 PM

Lol, yea right. People dont watch MSNBC because all  they do is spit venom at the right. Very mean spirited, disgusting, hate. Fox News isnt just a cheerleader for the right, llike NBC is for the left, and O Reilly has liberals on his show EVERY DAY. Everyone watches Fox News because they tell it straight, plain and simple

You're right. Fox doesn't have any personalities that spew venom or hate. When I want listen to some soothing talk, I throw on Bill O'Reilly. he and the others tell is straight.

LMAO!

Here's one of the few personalities on Fox that I can watch and enjoy. He worked at a competitor's station way back when I was shooting news in Ft. Myers. Now, he's one of the shining lights over at Fox News. In this clip, he reads an email from Turbo...

Interesting about Canada, taquib. Unfortunately, too many Americans are easily manipulated into thinking one way. See Cyber's posts. Thus we have the left/right divide.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 22, 2010, 12:46:00 PM

When 60 Minutes started bringing in some serious cash, the end was in sight. News used to be considered a money losing proposition and execs. were OK with that. But once 60 Minutes showed the execs. that money could be made, it was the beginning of the end. Not saying that 60 Minutes is bad. But some of the shows that we have out there now are ALL about ratings and $$$. And people mistake that for news.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 22, 2010, 12:52:33 PM

CNN is worse because instead of reporting the news they ask for too much viewer feedback.  It is almost like a psuedo talk show or a live chat.  Utterly pointless.

Thankfully news outside the United States is still news.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 22, 2010, 12:54:44 PM

When I was in Norway several years ago, I was amazed at how "straight" their news was. No slant. No entertainment. Just the facts.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 22, 2010, 02:34:04 PM

CNN is worse because instead of reporting the news they ask for too much viewer feedback. It is almost like a psuedo talk show or a live chat. Utterly pointless.

Does that include Venezuela TV?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 22, 2010, 03:24:57 PM

Hugo TV allows hotties to go nude on Friday Night TV.

A+
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Written by a liberal writer-Why FOX Deserves to be #1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools