Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Written by a liberal writer-Why FOX Deserves to be #1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 22, 2010, 03:38:10 PM

Hugo TV allows hotties to go nude on Friday Night TV.

A+

Beats the heck out of that Norwegien TV. I guess the Nord's are against spontaneous Norwegian Wood.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 22, 2010, 04:15:43 PM

Looks like mickey mouse

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 22, 2010, 05:24:09 PM

Thankfully news outside the United States is still news.

In almost every other country there's no thought of an unbiased media - and don't even try and tell me about the BBC. Most media were or still are associated with a major political party or ideology and they will typically wear that ideology on their sleeves. In the USA, that was the case - hence why newspapers were called the CityName Democrat or TownName Republican for the longest time. It is really an artificat of post WWII America that news agencies pretended to be apolitical and some disspassionate observer of events. Of course, what that largely masked for ages was a strong left-wing bias in major media outlets (Walter Cronkite for example) but as long as every shared the same basic PoV it was easier to carry the view that this is as it is. Talk radio was largely a reaction to that sort of institutional bias and hegemeony.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 22, 2010, 05:35:32 PM

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/hurricane_bound_for_texas_slowed

kbl11

Starter

#34 : January 22, 2010, 06:21:54 PM

I don't get why being a conservative means you automatically have to hate gays, immigration, and think that the government should regulate as little as possible.

I dont hate gays, I just understand that if you allow gays to get  married, then under the equal protection clause you would have to allow all kinds of marriages. Thats not good

No republicans hate LEGAL immigration, I think you are confused

The govt should be as small as possible, and only regulate when necessary

I dont see why those things are bad

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#35 : January 22, 2010, 06:27:13 PM

I dont hate gays, I just understand that if you allow gays to get  married, then under the equal protection clause you would have to allow all kinds of marriages.

What other kind of marriages could there be?

kbl11

Starter

#36 : January 22, 2010, 06:29:41 PM

Lol, yea right. People dont watch MSNBC because all  they do is spit venom at the right. Very mean spirited, disgusting, hate. Fox News isnt just a cheerleader for the right, llike NBC is for the left, and O Reilly has liberals on his show EVERY DAY. Everyone watches Fox News because they tell it straight, plain and simple

You're right. Fox doesn't have any personalities that spew venom or hate. When I want listen to some soothing talk, I throw on Bill O'Reilly. he and the others tell is straight.

LMAO!

He doesnt just spit venom because his ideology differs from others, like liberals seem to love to do

Liberals are by far the most hateful, condescending, snobs to anyone with conservative principles. Just look at the way they attack the right. Its always personal. ALWAYS. They call them racist when they dont want illegal mexicans runnig across the border and free money taken from the hardworking and given to the hopeless. they call them sexist when they speak out against late term abortion.

Thats why independents flock to Fox News. Liberals are hateful, venom spitting elitists who NEVER actually address the issues they just resport to name calling

That NEVFER happens on O Reilly, but you wouldnt  know that because youre to the far left and never wtach  his show other than seeing conveniently edited clips on The Daily Show

kbl11

Starter

#37 : January 22, 2010, 06:30:11 PM

I dont hate gays, I just understand that if you allow gays to get  married, then under the equal protection clause you would have to allow all kinds of marriages.

Polygamy

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 22, 2010, 06:32:35 PM

Well in Japan a guy married a video game character:

http://boingboing.net/2009/11/24/footage-from-the-fir.html

Ponder pinky and for the love of god don't touch that DS after the wedding night.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

kbl11

Starter

#39 : January 22, 2010, 06:36:07 PM

It would also allow stra9ight heterosexual men to use the facade of marriage for govt benefits

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 22, 2010, 06:36:52 PM

Lol, yea right. People dont watch MSNBC because all they do is spit venom at the right. Very mean spirited, disgusting, hate. Fox News isnt just a cheerleader for the right, llike NBC is for the left, and O Reilly has liberals on his show EVERY DAY. Everyone watches Fox News because they tell it straight, plain and simple

You're right. Fox doesn't have any personalities that spew venom or hate. When I want listen to some soothing talk, I throw on Bill O'Reilly. he and the others tell is straight.

LMAO!

He doesnt just spit venom because his ideology differs from others, like liberals seem to love to do

Liberals are by far the most hateful, condescending, snobs to anyone with conservative principles. Just look at the way they attack the right. Its always personal. ALWAYS. They call them racist when they dont want illegal mexicans runnig across the border and free money given to the hopeless. they call them sexist when they speak out against late term abortion.

Thats why independents flock to Fox News. Liberals are hateful, venom spitting elitists who NEVER actually address the issues they just resport to name calling

That NEVFER happens on O Reilly, but you wouldnt know that because youre to the far elft and never wtach his show other than seeing conveniently edited clips on The Daily Show

Looks like you're a little ignorant on what I watch or don't watch.

If you think the hate comes just from the right, you're worse off than I thought. It comes from both sides. But on cable news, Fox happens to have one of the leading haters/screamers on their payroll. Used to watch O'Reilly but couldn't take the yelling. Blood pressure would rise. Not good. That kind of stuff gets good ratings but it's just not for me.

Anybody watch Rush Limbaugh on Shatner's Raw Nerve show the other night? Interesting. Oh, wait. I'm a lefty so I'm not supposed to admit that I enjoyed that!

LOL @ kb. BTW, how old are you? Just curious. You seem to be one those Americans that is locked into one party. Better get that checked out.

Can't remember the last time I watched The Daily Show. I've been boycotting cable news shows and shows like TDS since right after the election last year.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#41 : January 22, 2010, 06:39:08 PM

I dont hate gays, I just understand that if you allow gays to get� married, then under the equal protection clause you would have to allow all kinds of marriages.

Polygamy

The equal protection clause says that you have to allow polygamy if you have gay marriage? I'm going to have to review that.

It would also allow stra9ight heterosexual men to use the facade of marriage for govt benefits

Doesn't it allow that now, provided you marry a woman?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 22, 2010, 06:43:04 PM

I dont hate gays, I just understand that if you allow gays to get married, then under the equal protection clause you would have to allow all kinds of marriages.

Polygamy

The equal protection clause says that you have to allow polygamy if you have gay marriage? I'm going to have to review that.

Be careful, OM. You might force kbl to think a little instead of repeating the party line on gay marriage. He'll whip out the, "What's next? Animals getting married?" slippery slope argument soon enough.

kbl11

Starter

#43 : January 22, 2010, 06:45:09 PM

Im not ignorant, like I said, the left is known as  being hateful, condescending, elitists who just write off any opposition to their views as being racist, sexist, rednecks, and poorly educated

Look at the political issues in this country in the last year

Not in one liberal arena have you seen the conservative views properly discussed. I know, because I watch Bill MAher weekly (when hes on) and MSNBC and CNN.

Bill O Reilly yells, when someone like bArney Frank tells America to invest in Fannie Mae and tells everyone they are solvent weeks before they go under. Yea, he yells, but theres a difference bwteen yelling and spitting venom at anyone with an opposing ideology

O Reily has liberals on everyday. Marc Lamont Hill is a checklist democrat and he always has very constructive, respectful discussions iwth O Reilly

Like I said, you are ignroant and dont understand the difference between throwing personal attacks at anyone with opposing views, and getting oloud and yelling when the issue warrants it

kbl11

Starter

#44 : January 22, 2010, 06:48:38 PM

I dont hate gays, I just understand that if you allow gays to get married, then under the equal protection clause you would have to allow all kinds of marriages.

Polygamy

Be careful, OM. You might force kbl to think a little instead of repeating the party line on gay marriage. He'll whip out the, "What's next? Animals getting married?" slippery slope argument soon enough.

no, actually these issues have been covered thoroughly. Do a google search if you really want to read up on it

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Written by a liberal writer-Why FOX Deserves to be #1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools