Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers first mock has the Bucs taking......... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Garv

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 21, 2010, 08:17:29 PM

I think most people know a pass rush makes any DB better, not so much the other way around. IMO we need DL help FAR more than DB help and hopefully the Bucs feel that way too.
Taking a sfaety at the 3 pick is too high.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 21, 2010, 08:21:04 PM

There are going to be SOOOO many more risers and fallers so who knows 2 months from now who the "the experts"
say we take... Not to mention the fact that Raheem and Dominick have come out said that they love SS Stuckey and our going to take a long look at him. Brian Price's stock is already dropping for some reason, Dez Bryant's has been rising. Penn's work ethic has been called into question and sources say they are seriously gonna look at a OT with a high pick... And we havn't even hit the Combine yet, lol....

probably a smokescreen.  make it look like we will take Okung.

RascalBuc

Rookie

#32 : January 21, 2010, 08:27:53 PM

If McCoy and Suh are gone when the Bucs pick, I think they go with the best DE on their board (Ga Tech's Morgan?).  I think I'd rather have Okung, but they'll probably go with Morgan since our DL needs some serious improvement.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 21, 2010, 09:04:52 PM

We could get a better safety in round two in Chad Jones from LSU so if Pussberry is the pick I will be pissed!!!  I would rather trade down, take Dez Bryant, Rolando McClain, Russell Okung or hell even do what the Vikings did and pass!!!  Eric Berry is all hype and the guy will not be a great pro and picking #3 we better get one helluva player!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 21, 2010, 09:17:48 PM

St. Louis Rams: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame 
JAN. 19 UPDATE: I was pleased to see that Mel Kiper has Jimmy Clausen ranked No. 4 on his 2010 Big Board. It's nice to know someone at ESPN knows what they're talking about.

If Clausen is considered the fourth-best player in this class, he has to be chosen here (just like Matthew Stafford was picked No. 1 despite being third on Kiper's 2009 Big Board). Ndamukong Suh projects as a great player, but you don't pay defensive tackles No. 1 money - especially if you don't have a franchise quarterback. If the Rams do this, they would be committing the same error Daniel Snyder was guilty of a year ago. And you don't want to group yourself with him in a football discussion.

In business terms, drafting Suh over Clausen would be like giving the best IT guy ever a 7-figure salary when you don't even have a CFO. That computer whiz could be the best IT guy in the history of the planet (i.e. Suh being compared to Reggie White), but devoting all of your resources to him would eventually force you to file for Chapter 11. On the bright side, you'd never have a single computer virus!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma 
The Buccaneers had Ndamukong Suh locked up, but for some reason felt like they had to beat Seattle and New Orleans. If Suh goes on to have a Hall of Fame career, Tampa Bay fans will only be able to look back on those two meaningless victories at the end of the 2009 season and wonder what would have happened if things played out differently.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tenfive

Starter

#35 : January 21, 2010, 09:18:08 PM

Tradeing down is the best senario but it would take one of the QBs to shine so someone will want to move in front of the skins[and seahawks] and get the #1 QB if both Suh and McCoy are gone. If we could move down and pick up another 2 that would be the best senario even if we dropped to #9 with Buffalo having a new coach and needing a QB and we could get their #1 and  2nd round pick plus maybe a second in 2011.  At nine McClain, Bryant, Haden, Spillers, Price and Morgan would probably be available and with an extra 2 we have the ability to move back up in round 1 if we have to or add more depth, either way tradeing down even if it doesn't fit the exact trade value chart would be the best move. If for some reason we had to pick at 3 with Suh and McCoy gone Berry seems like the pick but it is not my first choice.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 21, 2010, 09:21:30 PM

We could get a better safety in round two in Chad Jones from LSU so if Pussberry is the pick I will be pissed!!!  I would rather trade down, take Dez Bryant, Rolando McClain, Russell Okung or hell even do what the Vikings did and pass!!!  Eric Berry is all hype and the guy will not be a great pro and picking #3 we better get one helluva player!!

I'm an Eric Berry hater but saying he won't be a good pro is going overboard. I just think he has way too much hype around him and people think he's some kind of huge game changer like Ed Reed just because Berry had a few big highlights last year. Some people think you could even move him over to CB and he'd be as good as Asomougha or Revis.

Reed was huge coming out of college. He had a 9 interception, 3 TD season, way better than any of Berry's seasons. He was also huge on special teams, made some great tackles, had a few punt blocks. He also was noticeably better at tackling on defense as well.

I just think for what he's done, he should be picked in the mid first and not be considered the #1 prospect on people's boards. I really think that scouts just have that board up from last year. Once they go through film this year and after the combine and interviews, other players are going to shoot above Berry.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 21, 2010, 09:40:55 PM

Berry will be OK but he will never live up to top 5 daft status - I said he will not be a GREAT pro so read what I write first!!

As good as Nnamdi and/or Revis (LOL) - ok Patrick Robinson lover!!

gypsie

Starter

#38 : January 21, 2010, 09:45:15 PM

Would love Berry at 4-6 after adding a 2nd or 3rd but not at 3. Thats the problem though after Suh there is about 5 or 6 guys who all grade out about the same or dont fit a need.

He has Cody slipping to the 2nd, I dont see that happening.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 21, 2010, 09:51:09 PM

Would love Berry at 4-6 after adding a 2nd or 3rd but not at 3. Thats the problem though after Suh there is about 5 or 6 guys who all grade out about the same or dont fit a need.

He has Cody slipping to the 2nd, I dont see that happening.
It very well could.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#40 : January 21, 2010, 10:01:21 PM

If the Bucs get stuck at #3 with Suh and McCoy off the board and no oppurtunity to trade down, I'm coming around to Dez Bryant. It is our next bigget need and he is the same caliber of player as Berry and McClain. Picking him would free us up to address defense with our other premium picks.  

X Factor

Starter
#41 : January 21, 2010, 10:34:18 PM

We could get a better safety in round two in Chad Jones from LSU so if Pussberry is the pick I will be pissed!!!  I would rather trade down, take Dez Bryant, Rolando McClain, Russell Okung or hell even do what the Vikings did and pass!!!  Eric Berry is all hype and the guy will not be a great pro and picking #3 we better get one helluva player!!

I'm an Eric Berry hater but saying he won't be a good pro is going overboard. I just think he has way too much hype around him and people think he's some kind of huge game changer like Ed Reed just because Berry had a few big highlights last year. Some people think you could even move him over to CB and he'd be as good as Asomougha or Revis.

Reed was huge coming out of college. He had a 9 interception, 3 TD season, way better than any of Berry's seasons. He was also huge on special teams, made some great tackles, had a few punt blocks. He also was noticeably better at tackling on defense as well.

I just think for what he's done, he should be picked in the mid first and not be considered the #1 prospect on people's boards. I really think that scouts just have that board up from last year. Once they go through film this year and after the combine and interviews, other players are going to shoot above Berry.
You may be right about all the hype on Berry... But you got to take in account that Berry and Mays have been the best two safties not just this year but last year as well.. With that said I am kind of jumping off of Berry's bandwagon because it's such a a deep Safety class. Rather have Okung, Haden, or Morgan if Suh and McCoy are gone.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

X Factor

Starter
#42 : January 21, 2010, 10:40:33 PM

If the Bucs get stuck at #3 with Suh and McCoy off the board and no oppurtunity to trade down, I'm coming around to Dez Bryant. It is our next bigget need and he is the same caliber of player as Berry and McClain. Picking him would free us up to address defense with our other premium picks.  

If AB dosn't resign then our WR corp looks as bad as our Dline, lol... Only way I think we draft Bryant is if we trade down and get an extra pick... There will be some good WRs left in the 2nd round and maybe some possibilities in FA...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 21, 2010, 11:24:12 PM

For WR I could see us go Dezmon Briscoe and/or Brandon LaFell as I doubt we will invest in Dez.  I would love to have Dez but maybe not at #3.  Would love to trade down a few spots, pick up another pick or two and take Dez, Chad Jones, best available LT and then address DL and MLB.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 21, 2010, 11:51:46 PM

Well how I see it is

Bryant
Tate
Benn
Thomas
Damian Williams
LaFell
Gilyard
Mike Williams
Eric Decker
Dezmon Briscoe
Jordan Shipley
then Jeremy Williams

I think at 2A if Tate or Benn is available... you have to take one of them.

How would you guys feel about 2 WR's in the 2nd? lol. Ecstatic, Fine with it, So-So, Not feeling it, or Hate it?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers first mock has the Bucs taking......... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools