Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UH OH! Bucs have pulled the Garcia press conference feed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 03, 2007, 01:17:40 PM

CNN has a live helicopter feed of Dale Mabry. The police are chasing Garcia. It's on right now.

He apparently is in a white Bronco...and the driver is believed to be Jake Plummer.  Surely they will eventually run out of gas...we'll see where this leads us.

#31 : March 03, 2007, 01:17:47 PM

I'm hearing from my sources they had to wait for AARP to approve the deal

LOL

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 03, 2007, 01:17:59 PM

WTF,retirement?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

kennard19

Starter
#33 : March 03, 2007, 01:18:48 PM

Jeff Garcia isn’t in Tampa to merely hold a clipboard on the sideline. He’s prepared to battle Chris Simms for the starting quarterback job.

“I’m here based on the opportunity to play,” Garcia said of his decision to sign with the Bucs. “I’m here based on the opportunity to compete. I’m here to compete.”

#34 : March 03, 2007, 01:18:57 PM

Plummer's Element hit the electric pole outside Buc Hqtrs
That poor element has been shattered then.  Seriously, what kind of guy makes millions a year, drives a Honda Element?

Probably the kind of guy who realizes there are more important things than money and fame Boid.  :)

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#35 : March 03, 2007, 01:19:12 PM

on Oaklands board:

Plummer back to Tampa Bay  

Sirius just announced that Denver traded Plummer to Tampa for a conditional 2008 draft pick. They also traded for Dan Wilkenson.

Stay tuned. No link yet.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 03, 2007, 01:19:18 PM

I am hearing it, it is on the ESPN ticker that Jeff has decided to retire...

I got the low-down:

When Garcia arrived at One Buc Palace, he saw that the Bucs have a case with their memorabilia from past seasons on display. One of the items in the case was the spleen that once belonged to Chris Simms. Upon seeing that, he immediately announced his retirement.

#37 : March 03, 2007, 01:20:28 PM

WTF,retirement?

Everyone comes to Florida to retire.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 03, 2007, 01:21:57 PM

from PFT

POSTED 1:17 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

BRONCOS ANNOUNCE TRADE OF PLUMMER TO TAMPA

In a move that can only be described as bizarre, the press release announcing the acquisition of defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson by the Broncos also states that quarterback Jake Plummer has been traded to Tampa for a conditional pick in the 2008 draft.

The release, which was forwarded to us by Adam Caplan of Scout.com, says:  "The Denver Broncos on Saturday traded quarterback Jake Plummer to Tampa Bay in exchange for a conditional selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced.  Denver also acquired defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson from Miami in exchange for the Broncos' own sixth round pick (24th in round) in the 2007 NFL Draft."

Apparently, the Bucs have opted to squat on Plummer's rights.  If he truly retires, the Broncos would likely get nothing.  If Plummer decides not to quit, then the Broncos get a pick in 2008 based on, potentially, Plummer's playing time or performance.

So, as a practical matter, the Bucs now have Plummer, Jeff Garcia, and Chris Simms under contract.

And if Plummer follows through on his apparent plan to retire, the Bucs will have the ability to recoup the remainder of any unallocated signing bonus money from Plummer, even though Tampa didn't pay out the bonus

dabucfan

Second String

#39 : March 03, 2007, 01:22:54 PM

on Oaklands board:

Plummer back to Tampa Bay 

Sirius just announced that Denver traded Plummer to Tampa for a conditional 2008 draft pick. They also traded for Dan Wilkenson.

Stay tuned. No link yet.

Are you serious (no pun intended) or just joking?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#40 : March 03, 2007, 01:23:02 PM

OMG we got Plummer too.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 03, 2007, 01:23:41 PM

Plummer's Element hit the electric pole outside Buc Hqtrs
That poor element has been shattered then. Seriously, what kind of guy makes millions a year, drives a Honda Element?

Probably the kind of guy who realizes there are more important things than money and fame Boid. :)

Uh....

The man could buy a lot of things, but the Element is damned ugly for one, and he could get a better four by four somewhere, I am sure.

And I knew he disliked the media, so really that isn't shocking.  Maybe the Element handles snow better than most vehicles do?  Maybe it is better on gas, and that is a way for him to show he is opposed tothe Oil War in Iraq?

Who knows.

I need the damn Garcia link.  I am losing my mind.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 03, 2007, 01:24:16 PM

what a bunch of wascally wabbits we are aye??

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 03, 2007, 01:24:51 PM

OMG we got Plummer too.
I suggested that earlier...wouldn't that be odd?

I mean, at that point, do you think Simms is trade bait?  Maybe to Oakland?  I mean, Oakland could swap positions, get Simms, the Bucs get JT, the Raiders get CJ, and then trade Moss for some high draft pick...or something...

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 03, 2007, 01:24:57 PM

from PFT

And if Plummer follows through on his apparent plan to retire, the Bucs will have the ability to recoup the remainder of any unallocated signing bonus money from Plummer, even though Tampa didn't pay out the bonus

Awesome!!!!!

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UH OH! Bucs have pulled the Garcia press conference feed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools