Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UH OH! Bucs have pulled the Garcia press conference feed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : March 03, 2007, 01:25:52 PM

OMG we got Plummer too.
I suggested that earlier...wouldn't that be odd?

I mean, at that point, do you think Simms is trade bait?  Maybe to Oakland?  I mean, Oakland could swap positions, get Simms, the Bucs get JT, the Raiders get CJ, and then trade Moss for some high draft pick...or something...
He could be Boid. I like the moves none the less.

kennard19

Starter
#46 : March 03, 2007, 01:26:41 PM

we are taking all the qb's so oak will have to draft one

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 03, 2007, 01:28:01 PM

Unless the Bucs trade Simms to Radierville for a swap in position...

I would love to see JT in Pewter, and it could happen yet....

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 03, 2007, 01:30:43 PM

best theory I've heard yet - but in the mean time, our average team age just sky rocketed!

#49 : March 03, 2007, 01:32:08 PM

With the contract he signed, Simms is cheap enough to keep as insurance.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#50 : March 03, 2007, 01:34:48 PM

With the contract he signed, Simms is cheap enough to keep as insurance.

He sure is.  But he can also be trade bait, IMO.

If the Bucs decide to keep PLummer, or trade Plummer for Carr, they get Carr, Garcia, McCown, and GRads.  And the Raiders get a deep ball passer deluxe in Simms, still get a great pick at #4 (possibly a QB still...), and the Bucs get JT, whom I know they would take at #1...or would like to know anyway.  How could you pass up JT if you had the #1 and were the BUcs? 

On a side note, and not having ANYTHING to do with the NFL, Kevin Durant just went down with an ankle injury...

Yikes!

#51 : March 03, 2007, 02:03:04 PM

Don't forget, Garcia is here short term and Plummer is still a question mark so Simms spot is replaced by Carr. That works.

I'm not sure what Kiffin's offense will look like, but don't forget Moss could be gone soon.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#52 : March 03, 2007, 02:31:50 PM

Damn I think that's brilliant.  You know what Bruce just said. Don't mess with Tampa because we own you buddy.  man, I don't know why, but I love it.  You go Brucey!!!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#53 : March 03, 2007, 02:37:56 PM

from PFT

And if Plummer follows through on his apparent plan to retire, the Bucs will have the ability to recoup the remainder of any unallocated signing bonus money from Plummer, even though Tampa didn't pay out the bonus

Bruce is God.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#54 : March 03, 2007, 02:38:35 PM

from PFT

POSTED 1:17 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

BRONCOS ANNOUNCE TRADE OF PLUMMER TO TAMPA

In a move that can only be described as bizarre, the press release announcing the acquisition of defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson by the Broncos also states that quarterback Jake Plummer has been traded to Tampa for a conditional pick in the 2008 draft.

The release, which was forwarded to us by Adam Caplan of Scout.com, says: "The Denver Broncos on Saturday traded quarterback Jake Plummer to Tampa Bay in exchange for a conditional selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced. Denver also acquired defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson from Miami in exchange for the Broncos' own sixth round pick (24th in round) in the 2007 NFL Draft."

Apparently, the Bucs have opted to squat on Plummer's rights. If he truly retires, the Broncos would likely get nothing. If Plummer decides not to quit, then the Broncos get a pick in 2008 based on, potentially, Plummer's playing time or performance.

So, as a practical matter, the Bucs now have Plummer, Jeff Garcia, and Chris Simms under contract.

And if Plummer follows through on his apparent plan to retire, the Bucs will have the ability to recoup the remainder of any unallocated signing bonus money from Plummer, even though Tampa didn't pay out the bonus

There's the key pharase:  if Plummer follows through on his apparent plan to retire, the Bucs will have the ability to recoup the remainder of any unallocated signing bonus money from Plummer, even though Tampa didn't pay out the bonus

Bruce Allen just traded a mythical draft pick for the right to sue Plummer and recapture a 7 million signing bonus.  That's brilliant.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UH OH! Bucs have pulled the Garcia press conference feed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools