Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Someday, every college football field will be solid red « previous next »
Page: 1

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

: January 28, 2010, 09:21:48 PM

Thu Jan 28,2010 6:00 PM ET By Rick Chandler

Welcome to Woodward Field at Eastern Washington University, where I hear that they're planning to install a new ... Oh my Lord, it burns! Is there a certified eyewash station on campus?!

Having looked on enviously for years at Bosie State's blue turf -- the blinding, confusing jewel of the Western Athletic Conference -- Eastern Washington University (of the Big Sky) decided to do something about it. I can only imagine the reaction at the athletic department meeting when someone stood up and declared: "Screw everything, we're going with a red field, b******!"

Here's the best part of this story: EWU football coach Beau Baldwin said the red field will actually help with recruiting.

"It's huge for recruiting because potential student-athletes can see the progress we are making and the positive direction of our program," Baldwin said. "With all the different events that can take place at Woodward Field and a stronger game-day experience, it's bound to bring more exposure to our program. We already feel proud about the great things we are doing, but hopefully this project will help us be even bigger and better."
Former EWU standout Michael Roos, now playing for the Tennessee Titans, has pledged $500,000 toward the "Red Turf Project.'' The University hopes to have the field installed for the upcoming season. Field nicknames, anyone?

Bigpapi

Starter

#1 : January 28, 2010, 09:35:24 PM

Red Tide, although that was also my nickname for the Buc's Superbowl Defense....

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 28, 2010, 09:37:01 PM

Red Tide, although that was also my nickname for the Buc's Superbowl Defense....

Couldn't roll with that one. Too much like "aunt Flo" if you catch my drift.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 28, 2010, 11:19:29 PM

Couldn't roll with that one. Too much like "aunt Flo" if you catch my drift.
lol....didn't think about that until you said it. but now i can't get it out of my mind. D*** you Benchwarmer69!

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 29, 2010, 12:07:18 AM

Sry Burg. Just to make you feel better, I have a joke for you.

A vampire walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a glass of hot water. when the bartender brings it over, the vampire pulls out a bloody tampon and starts dipping it in and out of the water. The bartender sees this and asks, "what on earth are you doing?" ... the vampire says, "making tea"

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2010, 12:01:28 PM

Why would every field be red?  I bet Boise's wouldn't.  Or teams with no red in their team colors.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 29, 2010, 03:02:20 PM

Why would every field be red? I bet Boise's wouldn't. Or teams with no red in their team colors.

They think It'll draw a crowd. I think it would be an eyesore.

Give me beautiful green grass anyday.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Someday, every college football field will be solid red « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools