Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Allen setting up a Simms trade. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: March 03, 2007, 01:45:50 PM

The FA QB market was very thin and in the space of a couple of hours Allen has taken two of the top QBs out of FA.  Right now the QB options in FA are very slim, so maybe a team will be willing to trade for one of our QBs. 

Simms's contract is structured in such a way that he is a pretty inexpensive back-up if he doesn't play.  A team like the Raiders might take a chance on him.  Imagine Simms with Moss and CJ downfield.

shall555

Starter

#1 : March 03, 2007, 01:47:52 PM

That would screw up our chance to get CJ. I think Simms could be traded to Houston, instead of Plummer.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 03, 2007, 01:49:28 PM

He may even be setting up a trade of Gradkowski.

#3 : March 03, 2007, 01:49:43 PM

That would screw up our chance to get CJ. I think Simms could be traded to Houston, instead of Plummer.

Not sure if Simms is a good fit there.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 03, 2007, 01:50:19 PM

He may even be setting up a trade of Gradkowski.

Any team have a 12-pack of Miller Lite they're willing to part with?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : March 03, 2007, 01:50:59 PM

Wow this is ridiculous! Really, really fun time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 03, 2007, 01:51:23 PM

I have brought this up in one of the three billion Plummer threads already.

If the BUcs trade Plummer to the Texans for Carr straight up, it gives the BUcs a good stable of QBs, and Carr is about as old as Simms.  And it also makes Simms expendable to a deep ball throwing offense like the Raiders, and the Bucs could swap positions, get Joe Thomas to anchor the line, the Lions would probably look for a trade down with Cleveland, if not, Lions probably go for Peterson, or maybe even CJ, and the Browns would probably get CJ, or Peterson, or a QB, and the Raiders still have a shot at one of the 2 QBs, my guess is Quinn...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 03, 2007, 01:51:36 PM

Hell no. Don't trade him to the Raiders, trade him to Detroit or Cleveland.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#8 : March 03, 2007, 01:51:42 PM

That would screw up our chance to get CJ.

The world doesn't revolve around a college WR that hasn't played a down of NFL football.  If he is half the player many of the CJ jock sniffers think he is, another team will trade up and get him ahead of us anyway.

How about the Raiders 2nd for Simms, and take Quinn or Russell in the first.  Then we would have three 2nd round picks, two of them in the first three, and a QB of the future.  Garcia can start this year, and we can build for the future.

OR maybe we could trade our 1st and Simms for the Raiders number one and take Joe Thomas.  ;D

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 03, 2007, 01:52:35 PM

That's an interesting theory Boid.   But I honestly think Gruden wants to draft CJ rather than Thomas.

#10 : March 03, 2007, 01:52:42 PM

I have brought this up in one of the three billion Plummer threads already.

If the BUcs trade Plummer to the Texans for Carr straight up, it gives the BUcs a good stable of QBs, and Carr is about as old as Simms.  And it also makes Simms expendable to a deep ball throwing offense like the Raiders, and the Bucs could swap positions, get Joe Thomas to anchor the line, the Lions would probably look for a trade down with Cleveland, if not, Lions probably go for Peterson, or maybe even CJ, and the Browns would probably get CJ, or Peterson, or a QB, and the Raiders still have a shot at one of the 2 QBs, my guess is Quinn...

Yes, but we need more threads to read.  ;)

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 03, 2007, 01:53:56 PM

I'm with ya Boid. The speculation is rampant, but I could see the possibility of Simms getting traded to the Raiders for the Bucs to move up in the draft, then take Thomas or CJ. If that happens, Bruce should get the freakin' key to the city!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 03, 2007, 01:54:16 PM

Plummer is probably trade bait to acquire Carr.

Simms has greater trade value than Gradkowksi.  That is why I can see Simms traded for a draft pick or a player.

Heck at this point Garcia may be on the trade table as far as we know heading to Oakland!  This is madness LOL !

#13 : March 03, 2007, 01:54:46 PM

Yes, but we need more threads to read. ;)

We had a billion Plummer threads, not possible to read them all.   ;)  This is the official "Trade Simms Conspiracy" thread.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 03, 2007, 01:55:05 PM

That's an interesting theory Boid.   But I honestly think Gruden wants to draft CJ rather than Thomas.
If they want that, then they sit pat with Simms, and grab him at 4.  My hunch is he will be available...

But the Bucs really need a Joe Thomas a helluva lot more than they do CJ.  My guess is Joe Thomas helps the run game, helps the pass game, and makes CJ an afterthought.

You don;t find lineman like Joe Thomas very often, he is about as sure a franchise guy as there has been in quite a while.  And the Bucs can finally have the line they desperately need to get the offense cranking.  They still have a plethora of picks to use to.

Man, I am almost hard talking about all this!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Allen setting up a Simms trade. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools