Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Allen setting up a Simms trade. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 03, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »

Exactly Boid! If Bucs want CJ, sit tight at #4. Only reason to trade up is to go get Thomas. That's a pretty good reason, though. It would be fun to see Millen's face if that happens.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 03, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »

So we trade up for Joe Thomas even though we sign Luke Petitgout???

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 03, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »

Yep.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 03, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »

Time to beef up baby! Get some studs and depth on that O-line.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 03, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »

Hell to the yeah.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 03, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »

I wonder where Bucsguru is today?

What a chode that guy is.

simmsj22

Starter

« #36 : March 03, 2007, 02:41:27 PM »

That would screw up our chance to get CJ.

The world doesn't revolve around a college WR that hasn't played a down of NFL football.  If he is half the player many of the CJ jock sniffers think he is, another team will trade up and get him ahead of us anyway.

How about the Raiders 2nd for Simms, and take Quinn or Russell in the first.  Then we would have three 2nd round picks, two of them in the first three, and a QB of the future.  Garcia can start this year, and we can build for the future.

OR maybe we could trade our 1st and Simms for the Raiders number one and take Joe Thomas.  ;D
CJ jock sniffers??? The guy is 6'5 240 and runs a 4.3... yet you would rather draft a qb then get a potential star receiver when we just signed jeff garcia, makes alot of sense. Garcia, Simms, and Gradkowsi/ someone else is a good depth chart at qb, you dont pass up on a T.O/Randy Moss without the attitude, especially if the position is a  need, unless you just dont like winning...

140BPM

Practice Squad

« #37 : March 03, 2007, 03:01:05 PM »

I don't know why we'd trade Simms to the Raiders.

If we did that, then they would have less need to draft a QB, and I don't think we'll get the first overall for Simms.  If that happens then they would probably draft CJ 1st overall.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 03, 2007, 03:10:50 PM »

The FA QB market was very thin and in the space of a couple of hours Allen has taken two of the top QBs out of FA.  Right now the QB options in FA are very slim, so maybe a team will be willing to trade for one of our QBs. 

Simms's contract is structured in such a way that he is a pretty inexpensive back-up if he doesn't play.  A team like the Raiders might take a chance on him.  Imagine Simms with Moss and CJ downfield.

Chris Simms would absolutely shine in a verticle passing attack. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #39 : March 03, 2007, 03:16:43 PM »

I don't know why we'd trade Simms to the Raiders.

If we did that, then they would have less need to draft a QB, and I don't think we'll get the first overall for Simms. If that happens then they would probably draft CJ 1st overall.
The thinking is, Raiders would have a QB for now that likely would excel in their new offense, plus they only drop down to 4th and still could pick either Russell or Quinn. Then they have a QB for the future too and backup in case Simms goes out. Bucs then move up to #1 and get Joe Thomas. That's all depending on if Plummer plays, if he stays retired, then Simms stays in Tampa.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #40 : March 03, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »

I have brought this up in one of the three billion Plummer threads already.

If the BUcs trade Plummer to the Texans for Carr straight up, it gives the BUcs a good stable of QBs, and Carr is about as old as Simms.  And it also makes Simms expendable to a deep ball throwing offense like the Raiders, and the Bucs could swap positions, get Joe Thomas to anchor the line, the Lions would probably look for a trade down with Cleveland, if not, Lions probably go for Peterson, or maybe even CJ, and the Browns would probably get CJ, or Peterson, or a QB, and the Raiders still have a shot at one of the 2 QBs, my guess is Quinn...

I totally agree with these options Boid. I think that Joe Thomas is the gem here and all of these moves are being done with that in mind.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

« #41 : March 03, 2007, 06:22:03 PM »

no he isnt at least I dont think

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #42 : March 03, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »

The FA QB market was very thin and in the space of a couple of hours Allen has taken two of the top QBs out of FA.  Right now the QB options in FA are very slim, so maybe a team will be willing to trade for one of our QBs. 

Simms's contract is structured in such a way that he is a pretty inexpensive back-up if he doesn't play.  A team like the Raiders might take a chance on him.  Imagine Simms with Moss and CJ downfield.

Chris Simms would absolutely shine in a verticle passing attack. 
Yeah....but my fear is he would lose another organ in Oakland. It's a wonder Walter held up as well as he did.

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

« #43 : March 03, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »

Allen also said that the Buccaneers did not require the rights to Plummer simply to trade them again, and that the team specifically targeted both players. Plummer’s mulling of retirement on Friday did not change the Bucs’ approach to pursuing Garcia, who chose to meet with his hometown Oakland Raiders before flying in to Tampa.

“Our goal was to get both of these guys, and we did,” said Allen.

Uhh-Ohh, buh-bye Simms? Best of luck dude?

Hello 1st overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft...

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #44 : March 03, 2007, 07:25:30 PM »

Allen also said that the Buccaneers did not require the rights to Plummer simply to trade them again, and that the team specifically targeted both players. Plummer’s mulling of retirement on Friday did not change the Bucs’ approach to pursuing Garcia, who chose to meet with his hometown Oakland Raiders before flying in to Tampa.

“Our goal was to get both of these guys, and we did,” said Allen.

Uhh-Ohh, buh-bye Simms? Best of luck dude?

Hello 1st overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft...

Well we don't want to let everyone know that we're dying to get rid of Plummer, if indeed that is the case.  This whole thing is just crazy!
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Allen setting up a Simms trade. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools