Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire Alex Van Pelt as QB's coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Incognito

Hall of Famer

: February 01, 2010, 02:40:22 PM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have hired former Buffalo Bills quarterback coach and interim offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt as their quarterback coach for the 2010 season, according to a source.

Van Pelt will get a chance to develop Bucs Josh Freeman as he enters his second season.

Van Pelt was a Bills quarterback from 1994 through 2003 and joined the coaching staff as a quality control coach in 2006 and 2007. He was promoted to quarterback coach in 2008 and replaced Turk Schonert as offensive coordinator before the start of the 2009 season.

The Bills were 30th out of 32 NFL teams with an average of 273.9 yards per game. They were 28th in the NFL in points per game, at 16.1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4877380

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 01, 2010, 02:43:27 PM

BOOOOOOOO!

Must have been a cheap hiring.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 01, 2010, 02:44:57 PM

This wasn't my prefered choice  but i'd rather have him than Hamilton from chicago

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 01, 2010, 02:51:03 PM

And just exactly who has he developed up there in Buffalo?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

X Factor

Starter
#4 : February 01, 2010, 03:03:41 PM

Vab Pelt's bio from the Bills website - Promoted to quarterbacks coach in January 2008… assisted in the development of second-year quarterback Trent Edwards in 2008… Edwards’ accomplishments include posting a 65.5 completion percentage to rank sixth in the NFL as well as ranking second all-time for a single season in Bills history...

Don't know much about him but dosn't seem like the worst choice....

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 01, 2010, 03:04:29 PM

Come on guys he did wonders for Losman and Edwards.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 01, 2010, 03:04:46 PM

Who exactly did he have to develop in Buffalo?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 01, 2010, 03:05:21 PM

Better than Lucy or Linus...

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 01, 2010, 03:10:13 PM

Unfortunately guys with more experience than Freeman.  The lack of name recognition only emphasizes my point:  that he didn't develop anyone. 

www.Atlbucs.com

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 01, 2010, 03:13:58 PM

Unfortunately guys with more experience than Freeman.  The lack of name recognition only emphasizes my point:  that he didn't develop anyone. 
Maybe Edwards and Losman just suck. Are you going to hold it against Gruden for not being able to develop Simms, Gradkowski, Rattay, and McCown? Maybe they just suck, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#10 : February 01, 2010, 03:17:14 PM

Unfortunately guys with more experience than Freeman. The lack of name recognition only emphasizes my point: that he didn't develop anyone.
Maybe Edwards and Losman just suck. Are you going to hold it against Gruden for not being able to develop Simms, Gradkowski, Rattay, and McCown? Maybe they just suck, too.
I tend to think Edwards and Losman just sucked, what really have they done? Don't think it's been coaching for those guys

#11 : February 01, 2010, 03:18:45 PM

I think this is a very good hire. I've always liked Van Pelt.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 01, 2010, 03:25:34 PM

Unfortunately guys with more experience than Freeman. The lack of name recognition only emphasizes my point: that he didn't develop anyone.
I tend to think Edwards and Losman just sucked, what really have they done? Don't think it's been coaching for those guys

I dont know, probably. Don't organizations in that situation usually get rid of the player instead of the coach?

And yes, I do hold that against Gruden.  That's his job and was supposedly his forte.

www.Atlbucs.com

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#13 : February 01, 2010, 03:28:01 PM

Eh I don't hate it, however he coordinated a flat out awful passing game last year.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 01, 2010, 03:30:35 PM

Another cheap hire.

SSDD.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire Alex Van Pelt as QB's coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools