Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire Alex Van Pelt as QB's coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 01, 2010, 03:35:19 PM

Would be nice if he brought Freddy Jackson with him

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#16 : February 01, 2010, 03:37:15 PM

Would be nice if he brought Freddy Jackson with him

Definitely. I wish Fred would go ahead and demand a bigger deal or demand a trade.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 01, 2010, 03:40:46 PM

Another cheap hire.

Who was the expensive hire at QB coach?  Bill Walsh?

It's a friggin' position coach, for god's sake - and a guy who was a coordinator last year.  Not saying I like him, but geezus.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 01, 2010, 03:45:08 PM

Olsen+Logan+Van Pelt = Good core of coaches surrounding a young quarterback.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 01, 2010, 03:46:25 PM

Yeah. How is hiring any position coach a cheap hire? Just cyber being cyber. Nothing new.

X Factor

Starter
#20 : February 01, 2010, 03:49:07 PM

Another cheap hire.

Who was the expensive hire at QB coach?  Bill Walsh?

It's a friggin' position coach, for god's sake - and a guy who was a coordinator last year.  Not saying I like him, but geezus.

good point.....   

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 01, 2010, 03:50:36 PM

My point is....the coaching staff is a joke.

You want someone to develop Freeman but not one person on this staff has ever successfully developed a QB on the NFL level.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 01, 2010, 03:55:27 PM

You want someone to develop Freeman but not one person on this staff has ever successfully developed a QB on the NFL level.
Who had Jason Garrett developed prior to 2007?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 01, 2010, 03:56:36 PM

Another cheap hire.

Who was the expensive hire at QB coach? �Bill Walsh?

It's a friggin' position coach, for god's sake - and a guy who was a coordinator last year. �Not saying I like him, but geezus.

Exactly.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 01, 2010, 04:00:08 PM

Are you trying to argue that not having a previous track record of success is now a good thing?

BucD

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 01, 2010, 04:02:19 PM

I'm tending to lean more towards Losman and Edwards just sucking and neither had many weapons to work with.

Lets also remember Van Pelt will just be a "right-hand man" to Olson.  Olson will most likely implement the plan with some insight from Van Pelt and Van Pelt will just be the guy who puts it to action with Freeman.  Now Olson can have more time to implement the offense and game plans.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 01, 2010, 04:04:56 PM

Are you trying to argue that not having a previous track record of success is now a good thing?

Everyone starts at the bottom at some point.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

X Factor

Starter
#27 : February 01, 2010, 04:08:37 PM

I'm tending to lean more towards Losman and Edwards just sucking and neither had many weapons to work with.

Van Pelt wasn't the QB coach when Lossman was there...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 01, 2010, 04:08:55 PM

Better than Lucy or Linus...

hehe

"swoosh"

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : February 01, 2010, 04:11:59 PM

Since I dont know that much about him, it is hard to comment. It may may sense to see what his core beliefs as a coach and strengths in what he does as a coach are before ripping the guy.  Freeman needs help in certain areas and if Van Pelt strength is helping QBs with their accuracy, which he did seem to do with Edwards, then this may be a good hiring.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire Alex Van Pelt as QB's coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools