Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire Alex Van Pelt as QB's coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 01, 2010, 04:18:59 PM

I have no problem with this... though I'd rather have had Pennington.

#31 : February 01, 2010, 04:23:39 PM

Alex Van Pelt?    HAHAHAHAHAHA...    he's the poster child of a mediocre QB.   this hiring is so typical...   the Bucs are not an NFL franchise...  we just aren't.   we get everyone's scraps and the REAL player and coaching talent avoids the Bucs like the plague...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 01, 2010, 04:26:13 PM

Alex Van Pelt?    HAHAHAHAHAHA...    he's the poster child of a mediocre QB.   this hiring is so typical...   the Bucs are not an NFL franchise...  we just aren't.   we get everyone's scraps and the REAL player and coaching talent avoids the Bucs like the plague...
So how many current QB coaches and OC's were better players than Van Pelt?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 01, 2010, 04:34:28 PM

So how many current QB coaches and OC's were better players than Van Pelt?

Some people will never be satisfied. These people are called "diehard pessimists". The only thing that pacifies them is to find negative things to say. Theres no way you will ever change them. Even if you make a good point, they will never change their views.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 01, 2010, 04:39:35 PM

And just exactly who has he developed up there in Buffalo?
Who exactly did he have to develop in Buffalo?

Unfortunately guys with more experience than Freeman.  The lack of name recognition only emphasizes my point:  that he didn't develop anyone. 

Oh come on please! Name recognition for a QB coach? I bet you could not name half the OC's out there much less QB coaches. I  bet you could not name the QB coach for either of the Mannings, Brees, Rivers or Bradey when they were rookies. Don't cheat and google it. LOL name recognition for a QB coach! lol

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 01, 2010, 04:46:53 PM

And just exactly who has he developed up there in Buffalo?
Who exactly did he have to develop in Buffalo?

Unfortunately guys with more experience than Freeman.  The lack of name recognition only emphasizes my point:  that he didn't develop anyone. 

Oh come on please! Name recognition for a QB coach? I bet you could not name half the OC's out there much less QB coaches. I  bet you could not name the QB coach for either of the Mannings, Brees, Rivers or Bradey when they were rookies. Don't cheat and google it. LOL name recognition for a QB coach! lol

I'm referring to the name recognition of the QB's numb-skull...

And I could prob get more than half but you might misinterpret it. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 01, 2010, 04:49:46 PM

he's the poster child of a mediocre QB.   this hiring is so typical...  

No, that would be Gruden. At least Van Pelt lasted 11 years in the NFL as a QB. How long did Gruden's NFL playing career last? When healthy (which is seldom) Edwards had a better than 65% completion percentage and wasn't afraid to throw the ball down the field. Van Pelt may end up being a good coach. If coaches were great players, they would be players...not coaches.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 01, 2010, 04:49:56 PM

It's hilarious to see people overdramatize the hiring of a QB coach.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 01, 2010, 04:51:36 PM

I'd be happier if he hadn't just finished presiding over one of the worst offenses this side of Cleveland that I've seen in recent years.

#39 : February 01, 2010, 04:56:25 PM

Geez?..

What is his coaching style?

Some of ya'll judging the coach on Losman and Edwards?  A swing and a miss...

That's like judging Bill Parcells on Chad Pennington.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#40 : February 01, 2010, 05:09:13 PM

I like Van Pelt to. He definitely got the most out of his talent as a player, and he went through the fires of being a last minute OC last year much the same as Olsen.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 01, 2010, 05:12:39 PM

Alex Van Pelt? HAHAHAHAHAHA... he's the poster child of a mediocre QB. this hiring is so typical... the Bucs are not an NFL franchise... we just aren't. we get everyone's scraps and the REAL player and coaching talent avoids the Bucs like the plague...

No one worth anything is going to come here. Not while Raheem is coach and the Glazers refuse to spend money. They know Tampa is a trainwreck in progress right now.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 01, 2010, 05:23:30 PM

My god people will cry at anything.. This guy is a young up and coming QB coach in this league.. The QB play last year in Buffalo was NOT his fault.. At the end of the day it comes down to the players he had to work with, and undoubtedly the worse O-Line in football..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 01, 2010, 05:25:50 PM

We should have hired Kevin Rogers from the Vikes.  That guy was money with that Favre guy this year

#44 : February 01, 2010, 05:26:06 PM

I appreciate you calling a 40 year old man 'young'...

Lol.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs hire Alex Van Pelt as QB's coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools