Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sileo Claims to Have Turned Wilfork Away From the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
: February 02, 2010, 09:17:40 AM

Take it for what it's worth, but WDAE 620am shock jock Dan Sileo claims he spoke with Vince Wilfork recently about the Buccaneers and wasn't kind to the home team.

Sileo said that he asked Wilfork, "Why even mention the Bucs?" and Wilfork replied, "Sil, I need leverage, man."

Sileo then said, "You don't want to come to Tampa, bro. They aren't going to pay you."

Wilfork allegedly replied, "No NFL free agent wants to go there."

Sileo: "Who says that?"

Wilfork: "Drew Rosenhaus."

Sileo said he went on to lambast the organization for their cheap ways.

Then Wilfork asked, "What do you think of Mark Dominik?"

Sileo replied, "He's an idiot."

So Sileo claims he completely eliminated the Bucs from Vince Wilfork's list.

The connection between Sileo and Wilfork is both went to the University of Miami.

Known the steady stream of b.s. that comes out of Sileo's mouth, I don't believe a word of it. It sounded to me like a conversation he had with himself. But who knows...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 02, 2010, 09:21:30 AM

Rosenhaus represents Kellen Winslow, Jr.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#2 : February 02, 2010, 09:30:37 AM

Ha Ha Ha...

I'm so glad I never listen to Tampa Sports Radio...

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 02, 2010, 09:32:28 AM

hahaha, more lies. doesnt this guy ever get bored with this? if he werent spewing this crap every chance he got, he be off the air. the rediculousness of what he says is the only thing getting him ratings. if this could even be true, he should be so proud that he single handedly ruined the hometown teams chances of getting Wilfork. What would make a Bucs fan want to listen to guy a guy that supposably ruined the chances of their favorite team getting a possible big name FA? Does he want the team to be bad forever so he can keep his job? thats the only thing i can figure.

this from the same guy that didnt know who the Bucs starting strong safety was heading into the first game of the season. ill never forget taking my kids to school laughing at the fact that so many people use this guys opinions and rant to form their opinions. Every so often i listen to a little of his show, and im quickly reminded as to why i dont listen. Between him and DUImig, i see why there are so many fans that appear fairweather. it turns out they are just misinformed by these two idiots, and really are true Bucs fans.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 02, 2010, 09:36:13 AM

also, Ward, Graham, and Cook are represented by Mr. Rosenhaus

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 02, 2010, 09:42:52 AM

also, Ward, Graham, and Cook are represented by Mr. Rosenhaus

LMAO!!

Ward HATES Tampa so maybe that is believable..

But Graham is happy as a clam..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 02, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Sileo is spot on as usual.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 02, 2010, 09:54:04 AM

Sileo is spot on as usual.

LMAO! Sileo is an idiot.. And unlike Doug williams I dont feel guilty calling him that.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 02, 2010, 09:54:19 AM

That just doesn't sound like a real interview.

The part about free agents staying away from Tampa is probably true though. Who wants to come here? Just about the whole team top to bottom is a mess and we're cheap. Only way a free agent comes here is if they have connections in Florida and we overpay for a mediocre guy kind of like we did with Ward.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 02, 2010, 09:55:49 AM

That just doesn't sound like a real interview.

The part about free agents staying away from Tampa is probably true though. Who wants to come here? Just about the whole team top to bottom is a mess and we're cheap. Only way a free agent comes here is if they have connections in Florida and we overpay for a mediocre guy kind of like we did with Ward.

That pretty much sums up FA for every team, not just the Bucs.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 02, 2010, 10:02:24 AM

Well not every team was 3-13 with a defensive backs coach who fired two coordinators over the course of a season. Most teams had at least one pro bowler, they should, 30+ players declined or couldn't play. Most teams have a definite plan and hope for the future.

Most teams haven't had one of the lowest payrolls in the league for the past few years, and they don't have owners paying for the most expensive sports team in the world.

There are some positives, some good players, we have a decent GM and I think there's a glimmer of hope for the future. I doubt any free agents or anyone outside of Tampa would really come to that conclusion though because we're not in the media often.

They just see a cheap team with little talent and a messed up coaching/ownership situation.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#11 : February 02, 2010, 10:07:47 AM

Sileo is a hack at best...I would rather listen to MPR then sileo, that's saying ALOT

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#12 : February 02, 2010, 10:08:28 AM

Well... Putting aside my disdain for Sileo and his obvious history of stretching the truth... the content of the conversation doesn't sound so unbelievable.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 02, 2010, 10:32:17 AM

Sileo is a hack at best...I would rather listen to MPR then sileo, that's saying ALOT

What's MPR?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 02, 2010, 10:33:29 AM

if this could even be true, he should be so proud that he single handedly ruined the hometown teams chances of getting Wilfork. What would make a Bucs fan want to listen to guy a guy that supposably ruined the chances of their favorite team getting a possible big name FA?

Makes you wonder why people still listen to the jackazz.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sileo Claims to Have Turned Wilfork Away From the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools