Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sileo Claims to Have Turned Wilfork Away From the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#30 : February 02, 2010, 05:33:04 PM

Sileo is spot on as usual.

Sileo hits nerves with the Bucs Owners. He seems to be the only one who can because obviously they could give a spit less about us

Hopefully he runs the Glazers out of town

Frankly enough he is speaking the truth here. Wilfork and Marshall will be using the Bucs as leverage to get better deals. They are not going to come here and get a baloon contract

I laugh at  people who really have faith that we are going to turn this thing around next year.

This team wont turn around till we get rid of our crummy ownership

Please anyone feel free  to take my quote and lets see who is right at the end of the year

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#31 : February 02, 2010, 05:38:09 PM

If he's openly admitting that he's helping turn a good FA away from us, how come he's even on the air? I thought he was "supposed" to be a bucfan? If he's telling the truth, hell, even if he isn't...hes NOT a fan of the Bucs and is just a self-serving idiot. A "fan" of ANY team would NOT tell ANY FA "not to come here", even if he knows the guy or not.

If this happens to actually gain any real ground, I'll protest for the guys cancellation asap. Matter of fact, isn't it clear-channel he's running with? Because if it is, I own five billboards on my property that aren't going to be there if that guy is allowed on-air after this.

This guy can take his Yankee-loving ways and gtfo of my town anyhow. He's just awful, even when he's not speaking against us.

I think he is only trying to submarine the Glazers if we continue to suck fans dont show up nobody buys Bucs gear they will sell the team to the Debartolos

I hink this is every Bucs fan's wish. The ends justify any means to get it done

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 02, 2010, 05:54:12 PM

Rosenhaus represents Kellen Winslow, Jr.

Winslow was traded. He had no choice but to come here.

When was the last time the Bucs signed an A-list free agent? Jeff Faine? Sure. But he came aboard during the Gruden days when the team was still winning. Now we got a clueless coaching staff, cheap owners, and not sure who in their right mind would willingly want to play for this team.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 02, 2010, 08:00:46 PM

Well he is right about the Bucs not spending money. They are building through the draft. How many times do people need reminding of this.

All teams build through the draft every year.   I can't remember any team in NFL history refusing to pick when it was their turn to pick in the draft.   To say a team is "building through the draft" is redundant.   Free agency is also the way a team needs to "build" and "compete", it's how the NFL is designed to work.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 02, 2010, 08:01:40 PM

Rosenhaus represents Kellen Winslow, Jr.

Winslow was traded. He had no choice but to come here.

When was the last time the Bucs signed an A-list free agent? Jeff Faine? Sure. But he came aboard during the Gruden days when the team was still winning. Now we got a clueless coaching staff, cheap owners, and not sure who in their right mind would willingly want to play for this team.

He sure as hell had a choice to signing for additional 6 seasons.. And to receive the highest cap number of any TE in the league.. Winslow LOVES the bucs.. They actually paid him.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 02, 2010, 08:02:47 PM

Well he is right about the Bucs not spending money. They are building through the draft. How many times do people need reminding of this.

All teams build through the draft every year.   I can't remember any team in NFL history refusing to pick when it was their turn to pick in the draft.   To say a team is "building through the draft" is redundant.   Free agency is also the way a team needs to "build" and "compete", it's how the NFL is designed to work.

Free Agency is luxury as far as i'm concerned.. And bringing in big name guys has never been a MUST to win championships.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 02, 2010, 08:04:05 PM

Since free agency started, no team has won a superbowl without free agents on their roster.   It's part of building a winner.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 02, 2010, 08:04:43 PM

Winslow LOVES the bucs.. They actually paid him.

Some players care about winning, others just care about money.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 02, 2010, 08:07:27 PM

Wrong.

Some players care about winning, ALL players care about money.

DailyRich68

Starter
#39 : February 02, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

Since free agency started, no team has won a superbowl without free agents on their roster.   It's part of building a winner.

Those teams didn't go 3-13, add a bunch of free agents, and suddenly win a championship.  They built through the draft and then added that missing piece or two through free agency.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 02, 2010, 08:08:38 PM

Since free agency started, no team has won a superbowl without free agents on their roster.   It's part of building a winner.

Name 3 "big free agent" transactions, The Steelers have made.. Or have they built through the draft?

Teams like the 49ers and Redskins, who have bad season and then load up on free agents pretty much ALWAYS do terrible.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 02, 2010, 08:10:09 PM

Wrong.

I said others "just" care about money.   I didn't say that some players didn't care about money.   The ones who only care about money don't mind playing for a crap team.   The guys who like to win would sacrifice a little money to get a ring.   I don't have respect for any player who "LOVES" to be playing for the Bucs right now.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 02, 2010, 08:11:26 PM

Those teams didn't go 3-13, add a bunch of free agents, and suddenly win a championship.  They built through the draft and then added that missing piece or two through free agency.

They were 9-7 the year before.   The team only went 3-13 because the head coach stunk so bad.   The team isn't lacking in talent as much as you'd think.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 02, 2010, 08:12:59 PM

Wrong.

I said others "just" care about money. � I didn't say that some players didn't care about money. � The ones who only care about money don't mind playing for a crap team. � The guys who like to win would sacrifice a little money to get a ring.   I don't have respect for any player who "LOVES" to be playing for the Bucs right now.

What about the young guys.. Whats wrong with them having comrodery? I think guys like Freeman, Tanard, and Geno is our core group of leaders.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 02, 2010, 08:13:44 PM

The team only went 3-13 because the head coach stunk so bad.

LMAO!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sileo Claims to Have Turned Wilfork Away From the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools