Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: more from PFT.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 03, 2007, 03:30:09 PM

Wasn't Plummer supposed to restructure or was that just part of the first (old) scenario when the trade was for this years 4th ?

I'm guessing he hasn't re-done his deal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#16 : March 03, 2007, 03:32:52 PM

Where has all of the "trade w/ Houston" rumors started? I am at work and have been trying to keep up but I know we would like Carr but I was unaware that Plummer "would" play for Houston. Why becuse he could start there? I'm alittle confused.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 03, 2007, 03:34:41 PM

Where has all of the "trade w/ Houston" rumors started? I am at work and have been trying to keep up but I know we would like Carr but I was unaware that Plummer "would" play for Houston. Why becuse he could start there? I'm alittle confused.

The assumption people are working is that Plummer will play in HOU. HOU wouldn't deal for Plummer because they won't give up a pick but maybe they'll give up failed bit Carr in exchange for him. Thus we get Carr (the value of that which = 0), Plummer gets what he wants and DEN gets, well I'm not sure what they'd get since the pick we traded him is conditional.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Buc_Sid

Starter

#18 : March 03, 2007, 03:39:47 PM

I'm thinking 3 way deal.

Plummer to Houston, for Carr, then Carr or Simms and our 1st to Oakland for their 1st overall, and a 4th or 5th.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 03, 2007, 03:40:52 PM

From PFT:  (and just as nick suggested....a trade with chokeland)

BUCS TO SHIP PLUMMER TO RAIDERS?

There's speculation in league circles that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will eventually trade quarterback Jake Plummer to the Oakland Raiders.

The thinking is that the Raiders are interested in acquiring Plummer as a short-term starter while expected No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell gets ready to play, but that there's no way that the Raiders and Broncos ever could have done business together.

Enter the Bucs, who could end up being the straw man for a deal that puts Plummer in silver and black.

Stay tuned.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

#20 : March 03, 2007, 03:41:49 PM

I'm thinking 3 way deal.

Plummer to Houston, for Carr, then Carr or Simms and our 1st to Oakland for their 1st overall, and a 4th or 5th.

Make it a 3rd and it's done !  ;)

#21 : March 03, 2007, 03:44:35 PM

Thanks guys, its making some sense now!

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 03, 2007, 03:55:23 PM

Plummer isn't going to outsmart Allen, no matter how hard he tries.

Plummer has all the cards here, we've got none. He didn't go to HOU because HOU didn't want to trade draft picks for him. So I'm not sure who we can move him off to.  He can stay retired and be happy. He can show up, collect $5.3m for cruising on the bench or force a cut.

DEN wanted a Pick for Jake, and HOU wouldn't give it.  We want a Player, and HOU might give him to us.  Either HOU or another team will be willing to put together a package that Jake'll like enough to play.

#23 : March 03, 2007, 03:58:27 PM

POSTED 3:45 p.m. EST; UPDATED 3:51 p.m .EST, March 3, 2007

GARCIA ASKED RAIDERS NOT TO DRAFT QUARTERBACK

We threw it out there last night as a possible explanation for the impasse between the Raiders and free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia.  And we've now learned that, for a change, our closed-eyed wing-and-a-pray guess was on the mark.

We're told that quarterback Jeff Garcia didn't sign with the Raiders for one reason and one reason only -- the team would not give him an assurance that a quarterback would not be selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft.

It's really not an unreasonable request.  Who would ever want to be the lame duck starting quarterback?  If the Raiders were to struggle to start the season, the denizens of the Black Hole soon would have been chanting for the other guy.

It's also our understanding that the money in Oakland was equal to the money that Garcia is getting from the Bucs.  We're told that Garcia will make $5 million in 2007, and that the total value over two years could be as much as $14.5 million, based on Garcia being the starter and the team making the playoffs.

For now, though, it's an open competition between Simms and Garcia, especially since the base value of their deals is identical.  Indeed, we're told that Garcia has not been promised the starting job.

Of course, if he ends up being starter, his situation won't be much different in Tampa than it would have been in Oakland.  The backup quarterback (as Garcia learned in Philly) is often the most popular guy in town. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 03, 2007, 05:01:39 PM

Insane, we have to figure this out and Petitgout and Deon Grant are going to have to wait.
The Bucs still have plenty of cap room for other players. And as long as Plummer is retired he isn't taking up any cap room I don't think.

If he shows up, then he cost us jack. He can actually wait anytime and unretire and report so we have to keep that $5.3m cleared.
Yes we would have to have the cap room cleared if we were up to the limit.  Right now we aren't anywhere near it.  But no we don't have to pay him, not until he makes the final roster.

PoorRichard

Starter

#25 : March 03, 2007, 06:04:08 PM

Jake's salary will only count against the cap to the extent that he actually remains on the active roster. All of his guaranteed cash has been applied by the Broncos. My understanding is the $5mil is base salary -- no guarantees.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 03, 2007, 06:06:46 PM

Yes but players don't get paid for the preseason.  Plummer won't get a check unless he makes the final roster.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 03, 2007, 06:07:40 PM

POSTED 1:30 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

TRADE PUTS PLUMMER IN A CORNER

The trade of quarterback Jake Plummer to the Bucs is aimed at preventing Plummer from retiring for a few months and then unretiring to play for the Texans, explains Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Per Schefter, the trade states that Plummer either unretires and plays for the Bucs, or Plummer retires and the Broncos retain the ability to pursue the unallocated portion of his signing bonus.

But if Plummer unretires, Tampa will have to have $5.3 million in cap room to carry his base salary.  So, in essence, Plummer can opt to force Tampa's hand by saying, "Sure, I'll show up."  It will force Tampa to pay him $5.3 million or cut him.

Or trade him, perhaps to the Texans.

Regardless of how it all works out, it's an odd development for a day on which the headline in Tampa should be the acquisition of quarterback Jeff Garcia.

Nobody puts Plummer in a corner!!!!  Nobody!!!!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: more from PFT.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools