Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer Has Already Turned in His Retirement Papers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Larry Brackins

Starter
« : March 03, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »

to the NFL office

That's per Michael Smith on ESPNEWS.

I don't know what that means, but I figured I'd pass it on.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 03, 2007, 02:37:37 PM »

Thanks, I had been told that as well. When was this on TV?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 03, 2007, 02:37:43 PM »

It means he is trying to put onthe squeeze.  Which validates my hunch that he did not want to play in Tampa to begin with.  But with Houston he does?  This guy is a very odd fellow...

Oh well, I could care less...

Carr for Plummer straight up.  I will crap my pants!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 03, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »

yea on ESPNEWS

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #4 : March 03, 2007, 02:39:47 PM »

If he already turned in his retirement papers basically we don't get to make all those deals that we want. We own his rights only if he plays. If he retires, we get our pick back and he has to pay money back to the Broncos.

If he really wanted to play for another team like the Texans or Raiders, then this is his chance. I think Michael Smith is wrong, though about already turning in the papers.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 03, 2007, 02:40:48 PM »

If he really wanted to play for another team like the Texans or Raiders, then this is his chance. I think Michael Smith is wrong, though about already turning in the papers.

Option, I have been told the same thing offline by a contact.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 03, 2007, 02:40:53 PM »

So we'll see. If true, no harm in that. But if not and Plummer wants to play, then Bucs could cash in with this move with a trade for Carr or to Oakland.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 03, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »

If he already turned in his papers for retirement to the league office this trade is not approved by the NFL.  Smith may have jumped the gun or has incorrect information.

T

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 03, 2007, 02:42:15 PM »

It's not that Plummer doesn't wanna play for the Bucs, he just wanted a guranteed starters spot and the Bucs aren't gonna guarantee anyone a starters spot.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #9 : March 03, 2007, 02:43:40 PM »

This is good news.  We are off the hook for paying him the $5 million he is due and we can still trade his rights.

kennard19

Starter
« #10 : March 03, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »

we get his bonus money back

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 03, 2007, 02:45:45 PM »

we get his bonus money back

No, we don't.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 03, 2007, 02:46:39 PM »

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5350525

The Broncos also announced Saturday they were trading the rights to quarterback Jake Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for a conditional selection in the 2008 draft. Plummer, thus, will officially retire as a Buccaneer.

Contrary to speculation among many media outlets, Plummer is not using retirement as leverage to be traded to another team or situation with greater guarantee of starting.

"Yes, that's it," Marilyn Plummer, Jake's mother, when asked if her son had retired. "I thought this would happen from the moment the season ended. He needs a break but I forsee him doing something else. He's a lot like Pat Tillman. Pat would do something unexpected. Jake used to say, "I wonder what Pat would have done next." Jake is a lot like Pat. He has that same rebel soul."

Tillman, who was Plummer's friend and teammate with the Arizona Cardinals, turned down a $3.6 million contract extension in May, 2002 to enlist in the U.S. Army. He served in Iraq and later Afghanistan, where he was killed April 22, 2004 by friendly fire.

Plummer is retiring from the NFL after 10 seasons even though his contract called for him to receive $5.3 million in 2007. The Bucs aren't counting on Plummer playing as they have already reportedly signed quarterback Jeff Garcia.

Trading a 2008 draft pick indicates the teams believe there's a chance Plummer will sit out a year and decide to play again next year. Either way, Plummer is gone from Denver. He finished his four-year tenure with a 84.3 career passer rating and .722 regular-season winning percentage (39-15) _ numbers that exceeded of those Hall of Famer John Elway.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 03, 2007, 02:47:16 PM »

Nick?

nick77777

Pro Bowler

« #14 : March 03, 2007, 02:50:20 PM »

Like i said last night, he told me his body was not 100% And he might need a year, however i believe he will play this year.  That is why the trade is such a good trade.  because it allows him the year off if he needs it, or he can just come in this year.  I will tell you this his injuries have caught up to him and the year off could do him good.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer Has Already Turned in His Retirement Papers « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools