Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer Has Already Turned in His Retirement Papers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#120 : March 05, 2007, 08:11:55 PM

Nicks story is looking pretty shaky... but really, who cares at this point?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#121 : March 05, 2007, 08:14:58 PM

yea cause i must have over looked that, what is the question you asked,  you asked one about his nickname and i let you know it became famous when he hit high school.  which is true, it became more famous when he came to the NFL and started making 4th quarter come backs.

Ummm, no. I asked you how he got his nickname (a famous Plummer family story) and you replied that his high school coach gave it to him. Not "it became famous when he hit high school". You said his high school coach gave it to him. Not even close. His nickname has NOTHING to do with 4th quarter comebacks.

Boriqua

Starter
#122 : March 05, 2007, 08:20:48 PM

Ok, I have a question,  DTG, are you sure you are not Plummer's nephew?  ;D

Sorry, I had too, for some sick reason, I find this highly entertaining. Something's wrong with me!!

Good luck to you both!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#123 : March 05, 2007, 08:22:02 PM

yea cause i must have over looked that, what is the question you asked, you asked one about his nickname and i let you know it became famous when he hit high school. which is true, it became more famous when he came to the NFL and started making 4th quarter come backs.

Ummm, no. I asked you how he got his nickname (a famous Plummer family story) and you replied that his high school coach gave it to him. Not "it became famous when he hit high school". You said his high school coach gave it to him. Not even close. His nickname has NOTHING to do with 4th quarter comebacks.
Well since he got it wrong, what is the reason he got his nickname?  And I am presuming it is snake, and doesn't have any phallic references.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#124 : March 05, 2007, 08:28:25 PM

Well since he got it wrong, what is the reason he got his nickname?  And I am presuming it is snake, and doesn't have any phallic references.

His brother Eric (Nick's OTHER uncle, right?) gave it to him the seventh grade. He started calling him "Snake" after Jake read Kenny Stabler's biography (Kenny's nickname was "The Snake" as you may recall). But what makes the whole thing such an amusing family story is that the irony of his nickname is that Jake is afraid of snakes. So it's one of those family legends that everyone knows about.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with the guy, but my information from a trusted team source contradicted his information. I asked him about it. He expected me to take his info based on "he's my uncle". But it went against what I was told by a very trusted source. Then he called Jake's mom Marilyn a drunk and a family outcast. He inferred that she's off her rocker. It was then that I really suspected that something was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#125 : March 05, 2007, 08:31:41 PM

Well since he got it wrong, what is the reason he got his nickname? And I am presuming it is snake, and doesn't have any phallic references.

His brother Eric (Nick's OTHER uncle, right?) gave it to him the seventh grade. He started calling him "Snake" after Jake read Kenny Stabler's biography (Kenny's nickname was "The Snake" as you may recall). But what makes the whole thing such an amusing family story is that the irony of his nickname is that Jake is afraid of snakes. So it's one of those family legends that everyone knows about.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with the guy, but my information from a trusted team source contradicted his information. I asked him about it. He expected me to take his info based on "he's my uncle". But it went against what I was told by a very trusted source. Then he called Jake's mom Marilyn a drunk and a family outcast. He inferred that she's off her rocker. It was then that I really suspected that something was wrong.

Imagine that.

A six foot plus guy with a beard, who is pretty damned tough physically, living in the woods of Idaho, who is afraid of Snakes...lol!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#126 : March 05, 2007, 08:58:18 PM

Very odd DTG, Nick has hit several predictions on the nose.  I am gonna hang with his stuff for a while longer.  You might be right, but ... it is more interesting than a lot of the bs going on with this board in general. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#127 : March 05, 2007, 08:59:23 PM

Very odd DTG, Nick has hit several predictions on the nose.

Such as?

gone

Hall of Famer
#128 : March 05, 2007, 09:01:50 PM

Very odd DTG, Nick has hit several predictions on the nose.  I am gonna hang with his stuff for a while longer.  You might be right, but ... it is more interesting than a lot of the bs going on with this board in general. 

He hasn't hit much.  THe problem is he says about 6 different things about every event, and one is bound to be right.  Yesterday he was convinced Jake was taking a year off and now he's convinced he'll play.  Of course yesterday he was also convinced he'd play, that he might, or that if the right option came up he would...

He went concrete on the 4-way trade, if he's right on that I'll believe him.  Until then I can't buy a guy claiming family calling someone's mom a drunk on a MB.  Can't buy it, that's not what family does...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#129 : March 05, 2007, 09:04:57 PM

He hasn't hit much.  THe problem is he says about 6 different things about every event, and one is bound to be right.  Yesterday he was convinced Jake was taking a year off and now he's convinced he'll play.  Of course yesterday he was also convinced he'd play, that he might, or that if the right option came up he would...

He went concrete on the 4-way trade, if he's right on that I'll believe him.  Until then I can't buy a guy claiming family calling someone's mom a drunk on a MB.  Can't buy it, that's not what family does...

BTW, caradoc, I e-mailed SR about him, ironically upon his own urging. I've got some information to share with you that you may find amusing. I'll PM you later tonight.

winabucs

Rookie

#130 : March 06, 2007, 01:21:37 AM

For whatever reason, it would appear that Nick scooped the media by two full days  last Saturday.   Go back to the top of the thread.   

ESPN had reported Plummer turned in his retirement papers.  Ghost jumped in and posted he'd  heard the same thing-- not from TV.   Well,  of course!   

Then on comes Nick posting that  Jake HASN'T sent in his papers.  I'm thinking, Wow, this is just stupid.

Well. not exactly. Tonight what's the news?  It's reported  that  Jake HASN'T  sent in his papers.  Which, if it holds up, works out rather well for the Bucs. 

And you read it here first--from Nick!  LOL!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#131 : March 06, 2007, 01:26:45 AM

Very odd DTG, Nick has hit several predictions on the nose. I am gonna hang with his stuff for a while longer. You might be right, but ... it is more interesting than a lot of the bs going on with this board in general.

He hasn't hit much. THe problem is he says about 6 different things about every event, and one is bound to be right. Yesterday he was convinced Jake was taking a year off and now he's convinced he'll play. Of course yesterday he was also convinced he'd play, that he might, or that if the right option came up he would...

He went concrete on the 4-way trade, if he's right on that I'll believe him. Until then I can't buy a guy claiming family calling someone's mom a drunk on a MB. Can't buy it, that's not what family does...

Well, I guess after hearing all this, I think Nick is starting to fall apart at the seams.  But it could be that he is Jakes nephew, but that he might not be that in tune to what is going on...you know...the black sheep of the family so to speak might be Nick.

Either way, I am not pleased with all this nonsense.

I am getting more befuddled by the minute.  I think I shall take a week off from this place...it might help me re-eval the Bucs.

ESPN it is!

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer Has Already Turned in His Retirement Papers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools