Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer Has Already Turned in His Retirement Papers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 03, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »

So you disagree with Marilyn Plummer?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #16 : March 03, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »

So you disagree with Marilyn Plummer?

If we went by what a player's parents said, Jeff Garcia would have been a Buc 3 seasons ago. :)

« #17 : March 03, 2007, 02:56:57 PM »

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5350525

The Broncos also announced Saturday they were trading the rights to quarterback Jake Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for a conditional selection in the 2008 draft. Plummer, thus, will officially retire as a Buccaneer.

Contrary to speculation among many media outlets, Plummer is not using retirement as leverage to be traded to another team or situation with greater guarantee of starting.

"Yes, that's it," Marilyn Plummer, Jake's mother, when asked if her son had retired. "I thought this would happen from the moment the season ended. He needs a break but I forsee him doing something else. He's a lot like Pat Tillman. Pat would do something unexpected. Jake used to say, "I wonder what Pat would have done next." Jake is a lot like Pat. He has that same rebel soul."

Tillman, who was Plummer's friend and teammate with the Arizona Cardinals, turned down a $3.6 million contract extension in May, 2002 to enlist in the U.S. Army. He served in Iraq and later Afghanistan, where he was killed April 22, 2004 by friendly fire.

Plummer is retiring from the NFL after 10 seasons even though his contract called for him to receive $5.3 million in 2007. The Bucs aren't counting on Plummer playing as they have already reportedly signed quarterback Jeff Garcia.

Trading a 2008 draft pick indicates the teams believe there's a chance Plummer will sit out a year and decide to play again next year. Either way, Plummer is gone from Denver. He finished his four-year tenure with a 84.3 career passer rating and .722 regular-season winning percentage (39-15) _ numbers that exceeded of those Hall of Famer John Elway.

Maybe Jake is going to enlist.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

« #18 : March 03, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »

yea i disagree, thats the outcast of the family no offense to here, but no one really talks to that lady.  And its surprising she even knows her own son plays football.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 03, 2007, 03:02:41 PM »

Michael Smith also said the Bucs could not handle the contracts of the three QB's.  That is not true.

But Smith is correct in that Simms could be traded but I think Plummer is traded as well if he decides to have a change of heart and not retire even though he sent the papers in.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

« #20 : March 03, 2007, 03:05:06 PM »

He did not send in the papers, but lets say the media was right for once, and im not.  The those papers can easily be taken right back.  deion did it.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #21 : March 03, 2007, 03:06:24 PM »

I don't think this is over yet.  If was really ready to retire he could have done so in the past few weeks.  He seems to want to go to Houston.  It's hard to see a 32 year-old turn down the money and the carreer.  IIRC he can't unretire for 3 years without being property of Denver.  You don't waver on that decision like that, you need to be certain.  It sounds more like he isn't getting what he wants and is playing the game. 

I hope I'm right....

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #22 : March 03, 2007, 03:08:10 PM »

yea i disagree, thats the outcast of the family no offense to here, but no one really talks to that lady.  And its surprising she even knows her own son plays football.

You can't be serious. Jake was on a Mother's Day episode on some NFL program earlier last year with Marilyn. Granted, she's a hippie, but their relationship appears to be very strong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 03, 2007, 03:09:22 PM »

He did not send in the papers, but lets say the media was right for once, and im not.  The those papers can easily be taken right back.  deion did it.

That is possible.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 03, 2007, 03:10:37 PM »

So what the heck do we get out of all this??  The way I read it is, we just gave up a 4th rounder for nothing.  ???

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 03, 2007, 03:11:13 PM »

Nick, I wouldn't share info. about Jake's Mom with any of us. Too private.

I know it's nice to have inside info. but just let it go and let's see what happens.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

« #26 : March 03, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »

grudenfan-  yea you said it in your own statement she is a hippie, and thats why i disagree with her, I will go on record saying she was probably a lil messed up when she said that statement.  they might be close but like i said im surprised she even knew her son plays football, because its hard to call her and not catch her when she is drunk.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

« #27 : March 03, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »

COR-  we wont give up a 4th rounder if we get nothing,  We will get nothin for nothing.  it all depends. Like ufojo said im just gonna stop posting and if anyone has a question they can write me a private message.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 03, 2007, 03:13:07 PM »

Really? She's been involved with Jake's football for a long, long time. I mean, she does actually know where Jake got his first football experience...do you?

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #29 : March 03, 2007, 03:14:36 PM »

COR-  we wont give up a 4th rounder if we get nothing,  We will get nothin for nothing.  it all depends. Like ufojo said im just gonna stop posting and if anyone has a question they can write me a private message.

Oh true...it was conditional.  I forgot about that.  Wow, this whole thing is FUBAR.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer Has Already Turned in His Retirement Papers « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools