Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Helping High School Students « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 14, 2010, 08:54:17 PM

I wish you would of had this last year, grades were the reason I couldn't run track in college my freshman year.

That's surprising.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 14, 2010, 10:22:19 PM

My grades have been good so far in college, but I was supposed to run track in college but my grades wern't so hot it highschool, but after this year I may transfer bc I LOVE track and miss it alot, but at the same time I LOVE WVU so it is going to be a tough decision.

Ha, misinterpreted.  Isn't there a club track team there?  I always found new things to get into there; Rugby, Olympic handball (not like racketball), and boxing.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 14, 2010, 10:48:32 PM

My grades have been good so far in college, but I was supposed to run track in college but my grades wern't so hot it highschool, but after this year I may transfer bc I LOVE track and miss it alot, but at the same time I LOVE WVU so it is going to be a tough decision.

Ha, misinterpreted.  Isn't there a club track team there? I always found new things to get into there; Rugby, Olympic handball (not like racketball), and boxing.

I don't think there is a club track team, but I have boxed with one the coaches before, I took some lessons with the boxing coach.
You remember which guy you trained with?  Was it with the WVU Boxing Club ( http://boxingclub.wvu.edu/ ) or like a Rec Center activity?

I still train at a boxing gym down here, actually.  Cruiser - 7-2 :)

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 15, 2010, 09:59:37 AM

I wish you would of had this last year, grades were the reason I couldn't run track in college my freshman year. I love WVU tho.

That's a common problem, especially down here in Texas.  You have these kids who are held accountable on the football field, and taught to perform at a very high level, but allowed to let their academics slip. So you end up graduating a bunch of former athletes with no future. 

Surprisingly enough, we've closed on a couple of solid recruits with high GPA's and test scores that for whatever reason didn't get an offer elsewhere.

It's our goal that by the time our kids complete our 1 or 2 year program, they'll be polished, collegiate level athletes with the grades and test scores to get into a real 4 year university.  They retain all of their eligibility, and pay no tuition (including room and board).   We offer Football, Soccer, Baseball and Men's and Women's Basketball, but no track at this time.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Helping High School Students « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools