Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy's son picks Oregon « previous next »
Page: 1

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

: February 01, 2010, 10:30:03 PM

With national signing day coming on Wednesday, the child of one of our NBC colleagues has made his selection of a college football program.

Eric Dungy, the son of former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy, has given a verbal commitment to Oregon.

Eric had received offers from South Florida, Central Florida, Minnesota, New Mexico, and Louisville.  He selected Oregon after a weekend visit to the school.

Technically, verbal commitments aren't binding on the player, who can change his mind until inking a letter of intent.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 01, 2010, 10:31:53 PM

I didnt know he was even playing football to be honest..

I remember reading Tony autobiography and he has a son that doesnt have any sense of pain.. Meaning he could put his hand on a stove and not know he did it.. Anyways, that son should play ball too..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 02, 2010, 01:16:29 AM

From what I understand its more to do with "Dungy". But the guy who recruited him usually finds diamonds in the rough (Jarius Byrd, Patrick Chung, Walter Thurmmond, TJ Ward) all 2 stars or lower. So we'll see, hes being recruited as an athlete.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 02, 2010, 04:57:54 AM

http://oregon.scout.com/2/943029.html

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : February 02, 2010, 06:30:20 AM

He was in the Tampa newspapers a lot this past season  - not sure if it was because he was Dungy's son, or because he was a good player for Plant City.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 02, 2010, 04:25:23 PM

He was in the Tampa newspapers a lot this past season - not sure if it was because he was Dungy's son, or because he was a good player for Plant City.

Plant, not Plant City and it's because they were the state champions

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 02, 2010, 09:03:09 PM

I just hope Kelly asks Tony about defense... we could use the help. Hell I wish he would become DC.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 02, 2010, 11:24:55 PM

From what I understand its more to do with "Dungy". But the guy who recruited him usually finds diamonds in the rough (Jarius Byrd, Patrick Chung, Walter Thurmmond, TJ Ward) all 2 stars or lower. So we'll see, hes being recruited as an athlete.

Byrd was a 2 star? DAMN

yep believe only offer was Oregon

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 03, 2010, 12:26:00 AM

That's crazy, never knew that. What were the knocks on him, do you remember?

no. He was from Missouri. I didnt follow recruiting as closely. I just know him and Thurrmmond, and Max Unger only offers were basically Oregon from that class

Pulling Guard

Second String

#9 : February 03, 2010, 01:19:08 PM

Dungy's an ok player but not a Oregon or FSU caliber starter, IMO. Doesn't like contact at all.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 03, 2010, 11:29:32 PM

Dungy's an ok player but not a Oregon or FSU caliber starter, IMO. Doesn't like contact at all.

from what Chip said most his videos are from when he weight 150, said hes around 180ish. Oregon recruited him as an "athlete" so he may not have to like contact.

We'll see.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 04, 2010, 09:05:05 PM

seems like a good kid...
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/sports/24424702-41/dungy-kelly-coach-eric-oregon.csp

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 01, 2010, 10:46:36 PM

I think Dungy's kid is too small to play football.  He's short and very thin.  I forget what position he plays but he's not an impact player at this stage of the game anyhow.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 02, 2010, 01:00:21 AM

I think Dungy's kid is too small to play football.  He's short and very thin.  I forget what position he plays but he's not an impact player at this stage of the game anyhow.

6'1, 185 is small? Sounds like a large CB, and a good sized WR. Of course hes not an impact player right now, 85% of freshmen arent. Chip Kelly evaluating talent is what I trust

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 02, 2010, 11:50:41 PM

6'1, 185 is small? Sounds like a large CB, and a good sized WR. Of course hes not an impact player right now, 85% of freshmen arent. Chip Kelly evaluating talent is what I trust

She just remembers the kid on the sidelines I bet..

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy's son picks Oregon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools