Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 13 year old David Sills commits to USC « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 15, 2010, 12:23:15 PM

This is Great. A young man wants to go to College. He is a great young QB for his age.. If he can stay on this path he will be going to College.. Where is the Problem??

There is none

Hang on a second.  I hate this move for the kid most of all.  Kids that age don't know who'll they'll be in 5 years, much less what they'll want out of life.  My lil brother was a baller at QB in MS, now he's a skater who could care less about athletics.  The risk I see is now the kids parents, friends, coaches, local media etc are putting enormous pressure on the kid to play perfect ball (a game that is supposed to be fun after all).  Then, if the kid doesn't develop the way Kiffin had anticipated, he'll withdraw his offer and the kid will be left out in the cold.

There should be a rule against this sort of behavior.  Personally, I really don't like schools going after Juniors, but it happens.  But middle schools?  That's outlandish.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 13 year old David Sills commits to USC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools