Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia's agent on Sirius NFL radio « previous next »
Page: 1

: March 03, 2007, 02:48:27 PM

right now

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 03, 2007, 02:49:32 PM

Is this Bucs.com link to the press conference working now? I know it's likely over, but just would be interesting to watch it.

#2 : March 03, 2007, 02:51:16 PM

Garcia WAS NOT guaranteed the starting job but will be paid like he is the starter. If he takes the team to the playoffs either of the next 2 years, it will pay him $7mil per.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 03, 2007, 02:51:24 PM

Again, I have to complain about bucs.com.  There was no news of the Plummer trade on there as of 5 minutes ago, and no video of the pc.  Really, you'd think they could do better than that.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 03, 2007, 02:53:25 PM

I think the Plummer trade isn't on there yet, Nut, because they aren't quite finished with Jake yet...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 03, 2007, 02:53:54 PM

Get down there BucNut and straighten those people out! I know you've got it in ya!  :D

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 03, 2007, 02:55:13 PM

I would if I could!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 03, 2007, 03:00:00 PM

I know you would BucNut. I'd put my money on you any day in a knock-down drag out.
Give us the wrap-up Hate. Specifically, is he bringing Carmella with him? Imagine a close-up of her on the Jumbotron at RayJay!

#8 : March 03, 2007, 03:12:48 PM

I know you would BucNut. I'd put my money on you any day in a knock-down drag out.
Give us the wrap-up Hate. Specifically, is he bringing Carmella with him? Imagine a close-up of her on the Jumbotron at RayJay!

Pretty much what i posted above was it. He talked about their visit with Oakland and his face to face meeting with the Godfather but how Garcia really wanted to be here and how he has been a nomad since not signing here a couple of years ago. He's real excited to go to work with Gruden. Also, they knew about the trade talk with Plummer before it was ever made public.

bryan12112

Starter

#9 : March 03, 2007, 03:15:27 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 03, 2007, 03:20:35 PM

Garcia WAS NOT guaranteed the starting job but will be paid like he is the starter. If he takes the team to the playoffs either of the next 2 years, it will pay him $7mil per.

He was guaranteed the starting job. I'm more concerned about what other terms he got. The reports are he didn't want to caddy in OAK and if extracted the same promise here, well that sucks.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#11 : March 03, 2007, 03:30:04 PM

He was guaranteed the starting job. I'm more concerned about what other terms he got. The reports are he didn't want to caddy in OAK and if extracted the same promise here, well that sucks.

His agent was very specific in that he wasn't guaranteed the job.... whether that is BS or not, we don't know but that is what he said.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 03, 2007, 03:32:03 PM

His agent was very specific in that he wasn't guaranteed the job.... whether that is BS or not, we don't know but that is what he said.

Yeah, whatever. He wasn't guarnateed it, he was given first shot, primary access to, default ownership of....call it what you will. The job is his and he knows it. Plus, we all know it anyways because:

1. His salary says he's the starter
2. He's got to be better than Simms

Shame that future starter McCown or Gradkowski is gonna be unemployed.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#13 : March 03, 2007, 03:34:25 PM

you don't seem too happy?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 03, 2007, 03:51:57 PM

Yes Garcia himself emphasized the word "compete" for the starting job.   Thats the official story.  I'm sure that Simms was also guaranteed to compete for the job, so the Bucs can't really back down from that promise to Simms.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia's agent on Sirius NFL radio « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools