Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Jake, Guess what... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 03, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »

TAKE THAT freaking CHART AND CRAM IT RIGHT UP....

if oakland wants to compete now, they need a veteran qb... who is left???

trade for plummer and we all know one of the two qbs will be there at #4. screw the stupid chart.

Right because if you want to be stupid, you do that. Now maybe Darth Al goes senile and forgets the chart but the bottom line is Plummer doesn't have enough value.

flip it around, if we were #1 overall and OAK was #4 and they offered us Plummer and #4 for #1 would you do that deal? Of course not but we all want the other guys to take ridiculous deals.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 03, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »

Enter Chris Simms into the fray, and no doubt Al Davis jumps at the chance to get his deep ball QB, and still land another QB fromthis years crop, or add a defensive end to make their line that much better...

I mean, no way Jake stays a Buc, and no doubt if he stays, there will be a trade, and some team will be biting.  I would hope Jake for Carr straight up would be worth it.

But if they trade Jake to the Raiders, the Bucs could get a third roudner from the Raiders, in essence getting him just moves the BUcs up one round higher.  

BUT...given the Bucs disastrous second day drafting skills, it doesn't exactly bode well for us...

Ideal:  Plummer for Carr, straight up.

then

Simms to Raiders for a swap, Bucs get Joe Thomas, and still have the young, potential laden QB in the stall, ready to go.  The depth chart basically remains the same, the Texans get the QB they might want (Kubiak), and the Raiders get a high first rounder, a shot at a QB still (if not both) and a long ball QB.

Perfect.  Everyone is happy.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : March 03, 2007, 04:08:45 PM »

it's not only about the stupid point value. it's about NEED, it's about winning NOW, before al davis kicks it.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 03, 2007, 04:09:46 PM »

Enter Chris Simms into the fray, and no doubt Al Davis jumps at the chance to get his deep ball QB, and still land another QB fromthis years crop, or add a defensive end to make their line that much better...

I mean, no way Jake stays a Buc, and no doubt if he stays, there will be a trade, and some team will be biting.  I would hope Jake for Carr straight up would be worth it.

But if they trade Jake to the Raiders, the Bucs could get a third roudner from the Raiders, in essence getting him just moves the BUcs up one round higher. 

BUT...given the Bucs disastrous second day drafting skills, it doesn't exactly bode well for us...

Ideal:  Plummer for Carr, straight up.

then

Simms to Raiders for a swap, Bucs get Joe Thomas, and still have the young, potential laden QB in the stall, ready to go.  The depth chart basically remains the same, the Texans get the QB they might want (Kubiak), and the Raiders get a high first rounder, a shot at a QB still (if not both) and a long ball QB.

Perfect.  Everyone is happy.

if that's ideal then how come the texans didn't just trade for plummer??

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 03, 2007, 04:10:49 PM »

So Simms and #4 for #1.

Wow, do you guys do real estate deals with your dogs or something? You've been playing too much Madden. We've shown what the value of Simms is by tring to get 2 guys to replace him this off-season.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #20 : March 03, 2007, 04:11:46 PM »

So what?  What did we gain?  Sounds like we wasted a lot of time on this deal and walked away with nothing.

Oh heck, the usual crowd of Allen lickers is having a field day that we spent time getting and doing nothing. We "own" him but he doesn't seem to care. The funny thing would be for him to show up tomorrow and say, "Hi Bruce, where's my mother f$%^n' football check?"Then see what we can do.

If Houston wants the best vet QB on the market, they now have to talk to us. Same for Oakland. It also forces Oakland to draft a QB, causing the player we want to fall a little closer to us. If he doesn't play, we lose nothing. If he does, we now have all the leverage in dealing with them. And you consider that a waste of time?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #21 : March 03, 2007, 04:11:52 PM »

I mean, no way Jake stays a Buc, and no doubt if he stays, there will be a trade, and some team will be biting. I would hope Jake for Carr straight up would be worth it.

Ideal: Plummer for Carr, straight up.

then

Simms to Raiders for a swap, Bucs get Joe Thomas, and still have the young, potential laden QB in the stall, ready to go. The depth chart basically remains the same, the Texans get the QB they might want (Kubiak), and the Raiders get a high first rounder, a shot at a QB still (if not both) and a long ball QB.

Perfect. Everyone is happy.

if that's ideal then how come the texans didn't just trade for plummer??
I thought they tried, maybe something got in the way...maybe the Texans were only willing to offer a fifth rounder, and the Bucs come calling with the fourth?

Also, what is not ideal about it?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #22 : March 03, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »

it's not only about the stupid point value. it's about NEED, it's about winning NOW, before al davis kicks it.

..and if I have a valuable asset like the #1 overall pick I need to get value for it. Be it players or picks and Plummer doesn't generate enough value for the pick.

One more time, reverse the situation do you do the deal? Hell and no.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 03, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »

If Houston wants the best vet QB on the market, they now have to talk to us. Same for Oakland. If he doesn't play, we lose nothing. If he does, we now have all the leverage in dealing with them. And you consider that a waste of time?

HOU doesn't want him, they could have made a deal for him and didn't. OAK passed on the best QB on the market already.

Plummer shows up and asks for his check and we're in a worse spot for it because we just signed Garcia.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 03, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »

So Simms and #4 for #1.

Wow, do you guys do real estate deals with your dogs or something? You've been playing too much Madden. We've shown what the value of Simms is by tring to get 2 guys to replace him this off-season.
Look, it isn't about Simms being a bad QB.  It is baout Simms not fitting the WCO, and definitely fitting the vertical attack.

And the Raiders still basically get a QB that they might be coveting in the draft...

wc24

Second String

« #25 : March 03, 2007, 04:13:56 PM »

TAKE THAT freaking CHART AND CRAM IT RIGHT UP....

if oakland wants to compete now, they need a veteran qb... who is left???

trade for plummer and we all know one of the two qbs will be there at #4. screw the stupid chart.

Right because if you want to be stupid, you do that. Now maybe Darth Al goes senile and forgets the chart but the bottom line is Plummer doesn't have enough value.

flip it around, if we were #1 overall and OAK was #4 and they offered us Plummer and #4 for #1 would you do that deal? Of course not but we all want the other guys to take ridiculous deals.

In general I agree but with the dollars they would save on paying a player at #4 rather than at #1, even if it's the same player, it might make Oakland do that type of deal.

I think it's a stretch but it could happen....mainly because it's not likely to cost Oakland the player they want anyway.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 03, 2007, 04:14:10 PM »

if i need a quarterback NOW and I plan on drafting a qb for the future... ya, i'd do it. maybe the bucs send an additional 4th with it.

but just because YOU dont agree with it because you're handy dandy lil chart tells ya not to doesnt mean its outside the realm of possibility.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 03, 2007, 04:15:52 PM »

Look, it isn't about Simms being a bad QB.  It is baout Simms not fitting the WCO, and definitely fitting the vertical attack.

And the Raiders still basically get a QB that they might be coveting in the draft...

Kiffin has already said he's running Gruden's offense not the vertical offense.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 03, 2007, 04:16:55 PM »

Now maybe Darth Al goes senile and forgets the chart but the bottom line is Plummer doesn't have enough value.

Al drafted a kicker in what round? He drafted which QB in the first round in 1991?

I don't think Al puts much stock in charts.

« #29 : March 03, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »

Look, it isn't about Simms being a bad QB.  It is baout Simms not fitting the WCO, and definitely fitting the vertical attack.

Kiffin has already said he's running Gruden's offense not the vertical offense.

So Simms already knows Grudens offense.  Cool, I hadn't heard what  kind of offense Kiffin was running, that's interesting. Where did you find that dal ?
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Jake, Guess what... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools