Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's Your Draft Philosophy « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buckit

Hall of Famer

: March 03, 2007, 03:09:56 PM

There are 2 major draft philosophies:

1) Take the best player available

2) Draft to fill a need

What's your philosophy and why?

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

simmsj22

Starter

#1 : March 03, 2007, 03:11:46 PM

at pick # 4 you have to go with the best pick available that is a need. If qb, wr, and tackle are needs you take the BPA out of those three positions.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : March 03, 2007, 05:10:47 PM

BPA that fills a need.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 03, 2007, 05:19:26 PM

I agree...best player available that fills a need. In our case, that even means CJ because Galloway could retire in a year or so and he has been injury prone in the past and Clayton has slipped. So, if CJ and Thomas are there, you go Thomas cause we surely need a LT and Thomas is right up there rating wise.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 03, 2007, 08:03:21 PM

My drafts philosophy is to copy the Arizona Cards in '04 when they took
1. Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
2. Carlos Dansby LB Aubrun
3. Darnell Docket DT FSU
This years
1. Calvin Johnson WR GA Tech
2. Lawerence Timmons LB FSU
3. Marcus Thomas DT FLA

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : March 03, 2007, 08:06:05 PM

I'm pretty sure they'll draft at least 2 more qbs.   What a freaking joke these guys are.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 03, 2007, 08:07:46 PM

I'm pretty sure they'll draft at least 2 more qbs.   What a freaking joke these guys are.

Actually I was guessing your draft was going to look like this

1.Mike Alstott
2a.Mike Alstott
2b.Mike Alstott
3.Mike Alstott
4.Mike Alstott
5.Mike Alstott
7.Mike Alstott

#7 : March 03, 2007, 08:08:10 PM

I'm pretty sure they'll draft at least 2 more qbs. What a freaking joke these guys are.
Looks like Gruden and Allen struck a nerve! Can't take that Blondie won't be first choice next season?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 03, 2007, 08:08:37 PM

No, I think the joke here is you. The Bucs make excellent moves to fill a need position and you think it's funny?

surgeandsettle

Practice Squad

#9 : March 03, 2007, 08:53:12 PM

not so sure about Timmons in the 2nd round ... heard he wasn't exactly overwhelming at the combine

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 03, 2007, 08:55:18 PM

not so sure about Timmons in the 2nd round ... heard he wasn't exactly overwhelming at the combine
Timmons would be a steal in the 2nd round. He was projected to go mid round between 11-18.. Timmons might have had a bad combine but he can play.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : March 03, 2007, 08:55:58 PM

I'm pretty sure they'll draft at least 2 more qbs. What a freaking joke these guys are.

No, I think the joke here is you. The Bucs make excellent moves to fill a need position and you think it's funny?
I think they are stupid, desperate moves to try to save their jobs & that is all.  You people just don't get it has nothing to do with Simms.  And we don't need to draft Alstott, smart azz.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 03, 2007, 09:00:48 PM

I think they are stupid, desperate moves to try to save their jobs & that is all.

Good. That confirms for me the wisdom of what they've done.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 03, 2007, 11:22:51 PM

i prefer jpe thomas to Johnson just because we need that left lane opened for /cadillac and pittman.  Then IMO we need a big guy on defense who draws double team so our DEs can sack the QBs.  We need someone with reliable PUSH.  Ii watched our D line get pushed back into becoming an E or F line.

#14 : March 03, 2007, 11:23:50 PM

I think they are stupid, desperate moves to try to save their jobs & that is all.

Good. That confirms for me the wisdom of what they've done.
10/10
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's Your Draft Philosophy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools